Andrew Wiggins Class of 2013 to KU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andrew Wiggins Class of 2013 to KU

I don't think WSU is actively recruiting him but think @kai: had a good idea about having his own thread. With him being the brother of one of our future stars, we will no doubt be interested in his recruitment and career.
    Last edited by tropicalshox; April 12, 2012, 12:18 PM.
    In the fast lane

This. Is. Too. Cool.

Comment

WSU went from having no chance to having an invitation to his living room. That may not mean anything, but at least WSU has a chance to be a factor in his recruitment. That's more than anything I remember about a player rated that high since maybe Dave Stallworth.

Andrew goes league after a year or two regardless of where he plays. He doesn't need a college coach that's perceived to be a coach that develops NBA players.

I never gave WSU much of a chance to sign Noel Johnson, but we had the opportunity to talk to him. I think WSU has a higher probability of signing Andrew than we had of signing Noel. I also think there's a difference in the coaching staff's attitude toward signing high-level recruits now than there was during Noel's recruitment.

A week ago there was no chance. Now there is a chance. I don't know how to place a value on that chance. It could be one in a million or it could be one in ten. Both of those are greater than zero, but neither is a reason to get all excited.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Do everything u can early so u dont regret later. I believe wsu is getting back to the glory days.

Comment

I'm sure Andrew has already heard PLENTY about how excited Nick is to be a Shocker (his twitter is blowing up, at least). He's only going to keep hearing more about it over the next two years.

Comment

We may have had a shot with Noel had 3G been here longer. The previous staff didn't try very hard because they felt he was too good for us
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

If Andrew was a class of 2013 I would really like our chances of him wanting to play one year with his bro as a 1 and done.
              "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media,
              which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerKhan View Post
                If Andrew was a class of 2013 I would really like our chances of him wanting to play one year with his bro as a 1 and done.
                Does that mean you want to redshirt Nick?..... :)
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Redshirt nick. Anyway, if Andrew plays for us, we shall call him Ender, and our 7' center can be bean
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

3G and his coaching staff obviously know and practice the recruiting philosophy of meeting with a recruit early on and staying in constant personal touch. Fred VanVleet and several others have stated in the past how important this was to them in making their own final decision to be a Shocker as well as the influence of their personal visit to Wichita.

There can be little doubt that a master recruiter like 3G will not follow this same philosophy with Andrew as well as noting our recent and steady emergence over the past several years as a major BB power with a bright future ahead of us.

This is going to be exciting to watch.

Comment

I know we wouldn't even be talking about Andrew if it weren't for signing his brother. But if this does truly open the door to a top 5 recruit, I truly applaud what coach Marshall and his staff have been able to do and keep doing. It would be nice to see WSU listed under recruits short list with the likes of Kentucky, North Carolina and Duke. Not only does it appear that Nick is quite the catch, but his recruitment could possibly open the door to a pipeline of big time recruits.

Coach Marshall is definitely worth every penny he is being paid while at WSU.

Comment

Oh, otay. I suppose we could make room for this star if we just have to. Sigh!!! ME KEED, ME KEED!!!!!!!
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

For what it's worth -- From ESPN's Dave Telep:

"Q. I know it's a long ways away. But what do you think of andrew wiggins? And where do you think he signs? Both of his parents went to fsu but it's hard to turn away coach cal.

"Telep: Andrew Wiggins is always fun to talk about. Florida State will be in the mix but cue the big dogs like Kansas, Kentucky, etc. because he's going to have his pick of the pack. He's got a Tracy McGray-like game to me. This guy seems to get a little better each time you see him and that's saying something. He's our No. 1 prospect in 2014."

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
                            For what it's worth -- From ESPN's Dave Telep:

"Q. I know it's a long ways away. But what do you think of andrew wiggins? And where do you think he signs? Both of his parents went to fsu but it's hard to turn away coach cal.

"Telep: Andrew Wiggins is always fun to talk about. Florida State will be in the mix but cue the big dogs like Kansas, Kentucky, etc. because he's going to have his pick of the pack. He's got a Tracy McGray-like game to me. This guy seems to get a little better each time you see him and that's saying something. He's our No. 1 prospect in 2014."
                            We at WSU do not believe there is a player too good or highly ranked to not recruit here under the Marshall regime.
                            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

It would help greatly, IMO, if Wichita State could somehow come back next year and have a really good season, even after losing five seniors. That would legitamise the Shockers and the program as one that can withstand heavy losses and still be highly competitive. That's what the big dogs, as Dave Telep calls them, do.

I think it is possible that Wichita State could be better than what the preseason rags/wags will have to say about them. But we'll see. Andrew Wiggins will see it too, however it may go.. because his brother plays there/here.

Comment

Working...
                              X