No announcement yet.

Tre King - 6'9 F, Georgetown, EKU transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hope he has noticed the number of players from here with pro careers, the average home
    attendance AND the number of fans that follow the team on the road. Every players wants
    playing time and if he works hard and is a good teammate he certainly looks like he
    would be a great fit for our program and a thirty minute per game type of player.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I'm not sure I understand this thinking. He'll make a decision prior to fall semesters coming to an end and be able to enroll for spring. That should have zero to do with an NCAA decision on eligibility.

I'm assuming regardless of eligibility to play next semester, he won't be allowed to practice until after finals. Any delay on a decision and enrollment would only postpone when he could begin practice but should still have no impact on an eligibility ruling in my mind.
      School compliance offices help with waiver process for eligibility. ISU has had success last few seasons with players filing waiver (Rasir Bolton, Tyler Harris, Caleb Grill)

The sooner he enrolls at whatever school the sooner said compliance team can begin process filing a waiver on his behalf

Comment

• Taylor discussed King in his Q&A article today.
        • As of today Taylor considers it “still not likely that he would be able to play in January this season.
        • He thinks King’s long arms and plus athleticism would make him WSU’s best defensive big man.
        • Could give WSU another scoring option on the block but he’s more dangerous in pick and pop if he can continue last season’s development as a three point shooter.

Comment

• As far as the last point about him developing as a three point shooter, I’m skeptical. Isn’t that what every big man says? He’s 27% for his career but did shoot 34% on two attempts per game last year.

I’ve not seen enough of his games (or any of his games for that matter) to say where he did most of his scoring. Based on what I’ve read it was mostly on the block but he’s been working on extending his game.

Maybe he has a decent mid range game a la Darryl Willis or Shaq and just needs to work on translating it a few feet further from the basket. I don’t know.

Defense and low block scoring sounds great to me as a starting point for our third center, though.

Comment

• I'm not counting on this kid coming in and lighting up the scoreboard from three land. If that's what he wants, and I'm not saying it is, but if; he'd be better off somewhere else. There's only one ball to go around.

He just needs to be a good teammate who works hard, remains quiet, and fits in with all of the guys. Everything else, i.e. winning, will take care of itself. That's the most important stat.

Comment

• “Iowa State hosted Georgetown transfer Tre King for a visit last weekend. He breaks it all down with @CycloneAlert247. #Cyclones "Watching college basketball growing up, you hear a lot about Hilton Magic. But words don't do it justice." Read (VIP): https://t.co/XCR2k4DwYd”

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                I'm not counting on this kid coming in and lighting up the scoreboard from three land. If that's what he wants, and I'm not saying it is, but if; he'd be better off somewhere else. There's only one ball to go around.

He just needs to be a good teammate who works hard, remains quiet, and fits in with all of the guys. Everything else, i.e. winning, will take care of itself. That's the most important stat.
                None of us know the kid, and I could be wrong, but I doubt he has problems with his head size. He went to EKU who isn't a big time program in any sense of the word. Prima donna's don't come from EKU. I would think that he now feels like he was overlooked, and wants a chance to show what he can do on a bigger stage, and hopefully it helps him in Professional basketball at the end.

Comment

• Guess I’m still confused, which is easy for me. If he chooses Wichita State, and plays the spring semester, does that use up his eligibility, or does he have one more year on top of that?

Also, if he comes to WSU, and doesn’t play spring semester, how much eligibility does he have?

This is probably been discussed before, I’m just too lazy to look it up.

Thanks! BA

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                    Guess I’m still confused, which is easy for me. If he chooses Wichita State, and plays the spring semester, does that use up his eligibility, or does he have one more year on top of that?

Also, if he comes to WSU, and doesn’t play spring semester, how much eligibility does he have?

This is probably been discussed before, I’m just too lazy to look it up.

Thanks! BA
                    He played 3 years at Eastern Kentucky but last year did not count. So he should have 2 years of eligibility remaining. If he plays during this year's 2nd semester that would use up 1 year and he would have 1 year remaining. If he does not play this year he should have 2 years remaining.

Comment

• Thanks 72!

Comment

• Blown away in Wichita and now he has experienced the "Hilton Magic". Now I do recall a prominent ISU booster trying to assault Bill Self a couple of years ago in Hilton which would seem to go against that narrative.

Comment

• Originally posted by N Crestway View Post

Blown away in Wichita and now he has experienced the "Hilton Magic". Now I do recall a prominent ISU booster trying to assault Bill Self a couple of years ago in Hilton which would seem to go against that narrative.
                          Cyclone fans, please ignore him. He is first and foremost a KU hack.

Comment

• Originally posted by N Crestway View Post

Now I do recall a prominent ISU booster trying to assault Bill Self a couple of years ago in Hilton which would seem to go against that narrative.
                            Is that wrong?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Is that wrong?
                              Probably not, but he went out of the way to point that out.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Cyclone fans, please ignore him. He is first and foremost a KU hack.
                                That's a little harsh especially on Thanksgiving. Perhaps misguided would better portray him on Thanksgiving.

Comment

Working...
                                X