X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Memphis' fault

Comment

• I thought we were not supposed to post negative things unless we ended it with....."go Shocks!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Hayes30 View Post

If he is able to play for WSU he will be able to play at ISU or Mizzu as well.
          I think you missed the point. Many of us here believe there are plenty of minutes at both the 4 and the 5 that are Tre's for the taking. There's no doubt he could play for any of our three programs but, if I'm not mistaken, we're thinking about available minutes to play and show off his skills. I'd say it's likely he could probably get at least 20 minutes easy based on the way our current Bigs are playing. But that's predicated on whether or not he comes as advertised. Just about every Big that has come to the program in the past ten to 14 years has struggled a bit at the beginning of his tenure. Chances are Mr. King would also struggle.

At this point, however, the point my be moot judging by Taylor's tweet. All is not lost as many of us here in Shocker Nation are well aware. We tend to struggle at the beginning of the season, trying to assimilate many new faces on the roster, finding the right mix and acclimating those new guys to Shocker DEFENSE and otherwise building team chemistry. We've definitely struggled this early season but we're a couple of missed free throws from being 6-0. I'll take it.

Comment

• I couldn't fault him for choosing Iowa State over us. I'd rather he come here, but from what I've seen they play a fun style and actually share the ball. Maybe they play a similar style to us and just do it so much better that it looks different.

I don't know what the depth is like at ISU or the projected minutes, but from what I've seen nobody would really be holding him back here at either the 4 or 5. And I still say he and Pohto on the court together could provide a dynamic look that would cause other teams a lot of problems.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
              I couldn't fault him for choosing Iowa State over us. I'd rather he come here, but from what I've seen they play a fun style and actually share the ball. Maybe they play a similar style to us and just do it so much better that it looks different.

I don't know what the depth is like at ISU or the projected minutes, but from what I've seen nobody would really be holding him back here at either the 4 or 5. And I still say he and Pohto on the court together could provide a dynamic look that would cause other teams a lot of problems.
              Let's not forget that we still have a guy redshirting who IB describes as a "Freak athlete who can score on the block or from deep". Abidde is 6'9" and will probably be 220 by next year. If we lose out on Tre, we still have a guy in the same mold to develope. The combo of Pohto and Abidde is just as compelling.

Still hoping King comes here, though.

Comment

• I'm high on Abidde and was surprised that they planned to redshirt him and I really hope that doesn't come back to bite us in the ass. I thought he could come in and contribute this year but he's apparently not going to have that chance.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I'm high on Abidde and was surprised that they planned to redshirt him and I really hope that doesn't come back to bite us in the ass. I thought he could come in and contribute this year but he's apparently not going to have that chance.
                  100% agree

Comment

• Bummer to likely lose out on Tre King but this team absolutely still can make the NCAAT with its current roster. I am also a little nervous about Abidde because it sounds like he did not volunteer to redshirt (I believe I read that Jalen Ricks did). Abidde was supposed to go to prep school this year anyway, and did not have a very impressive offer list, so maybe we are reading too much into this.

Comment

I'm high on Abidde and was surprised that they planned to redshirt him and I really hope that doesn't come back to bite us in the ass. I thought he could come in and contribute this year but he's apparently not going to have that chance.
                      You never know on whether a redshirt will happen or not, even when that's the plan. At this point, it doesn't sound like Abidde has been fully healthy for some time anyway with his injured ankle. You never now what might happen to change the plan. A redshirt can come off at any time. We've seen that many times. Perhaps Rauno Nurger is the poster boy for that scenario.

Hopefully, if Abidde does redshirt it will pay dividends in the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
                        Bummer to likely lose out on Tre King but this team absolutely still can make the NCAAT with its current roster. I am also a little nervous about Abidde because it sounds like he did not volunteer to redshirt (I believe I read that Jalen Ricks did). Abidde was supposed to go to prep school this year anyway, and did not have a very impressive offer list, so maybe we are reading too much into this.
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
                          Bummer to likely lose out on Tre King but this team absolutely still can make the NCAAT with its current roster. I am also a little nervous about Abidde because it sounds like he did not volunteer to redshirt (I believe I read that Jalen Ricks did). Abidde was supposed to go to prep school this year anyway, and did not have a very impressive offer list, so maybe we are reading too much into this.
                          I don't personally know Abidde. But he is pretty interactive with the students in the dorms and generally seems to be content, at least around campus.

Never know though.

Also, I believe he is rooming with Pohto...or perhaps they just hang out. They are both seen roaming around Shocker Hall frequently. The more connections he makes on campus the better no doubt.
                          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• I will say this, it does seem to be that all signs are pointing towards Iowa State. But, I have not heard Dr. Patty Beamer sing yet so I guess it isn't technically over...

Comment

• Looked at his Twitter account and he liked two tweets in the last few days and both had to do with ISU win over .01

Comment

• I can’t say I’ll be heartbroken if he goes to ISU. There is still no guarantee he gets cleared to play in the spring and even if he did he’s walking into a new system in the middle of the year so it’s tough to say how that would work out.

I viewed him as a luxury not a necessity.

It would be nice to have a third big on nights when Kenny and Mo are both in foul trouble but I think our post rotation is as good as it’s been in a few years.

Mo will play better and he’s already rebounding and playing defense every game. The turnovers and silly fouls are obviously the biggest things he needs to clean up at the moment.

Kenny is the best back up center we’ve had maybe ever. It wouldn’t be a shock if he ended up starting at some point this year.

So, it would have been nice to sign him but like TrackSuit said we are still very much a tournament team without him. As far as recruiting for next year goes there’s always another guy out there.
                                ​​

Comment

Working...
                                X