No announcement yet.

Tre King - 6'9 F, Georgetown, EKU transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wouldn't consider my sleuthing skills to be very strong, but if you look at Tre King's likes on twitter you'll notice he has liked 3/4 tweets recently related to WSU (including Tyson's shot against JSU and Dexter cleaning up after the Tarleton game). There are no likes related to Mizzou or Iowa State.

Comment

• Might as well shut this thread down now because he isn't coming here. Because

Comment

• Originally posted by ventichai View Post
        spot the lie

Comment

• Maybe he liked what he saw from WSU this weekend.

Comment

• So how are we gonna get notified of his commitment?? Will there be a Tre King Signal (ala a bat signal)? Maybe a cloud of white smoke coming out of Koch Arena? Whats the sign?????

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
              So how are we gonna get notified of his commitment?? Will there be a Tre King Signal (ala a bat signal)? Maybe a cloud of white smoke coming out of Koch Arena? Whats the sign?????
              I'm thinking he ziplines down from the rafters onto the court at the start of our next home game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Sheeeesh.
                i somehow missed this video previously. I understand the excitement and desire to get him even more. Fluid. Rangy. Athletic. Springy. A threat at all levels.

Just thinking about he and Pohto together.... He really could help elevate are ceiling.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I hope that Tre King signs with WSU. Playing the entire overtime against Arizona without our two centers highlighted the need for the final piece of our traditional three man post rotation that’s been missing since Matt McFarlane left. Some might say it’s been missing the last two years with the lack of meaningful playing time from Bilau.

I get the impression that some view him as a kind of savior who is going to come in and finally push that pesky Mo Udeze to the bench where he belongs and if not start over Pohto immediately at least be his primary back up.

Maybe that’s what he’ll do. I don't think it’s likely. What seems more realistic is that he will come in and be the third post, behind Mo and Kenny, in the rotation while he gets acclimated. And that will be incredibly valuable! Especially if he is as good as we think.

He would be an instant upgrade over McFarlane who, while I was admittedly high on, was a one year JUCO project. King has legitimate D1 experience walking in the door.

I hope Tre King signs with WSU. I think the expectations for him if he does are a little over the top right now.

Comment

• King is a guy that could play multiple positions. Yes, I would hope his signing would lead to less reliance on Mo. We are a better team if Mo isn't being relied on to play 20+ minutes. But King could also play alongside Mo and Pohto and give us more size/length at both 4 and 5 positions and increase the athleticism there as well. I don't think anyone sees him as a savior, just that his presence could definitely elevate the overall potential of this team by adding a more athletic threat at the 4/5 spots. I do think after getting acclimated to the team and the offense (whatever actually exists of one) that he could absolutely be a starter and/or heavy contributor at either or both positions previously mentioned.
                    Last edited by SubGod22; November 23, 2021, 01:30 PM.
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• I just hope that if King does come he is cleared to play this year. Otherwise I will be a little sad lol.
                      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Whether it’s ISU, Wichita State or Mizzou
                        the longer Tre waits the harder his waiver process for immediate eligibility becomes.

Comment

• Does a player asking for an appeal have to choose a school before a decision can be reached?

Comment

• Originally posted by paWALKrk View Post
                            Whether it’s ISU, Wichita State or Mizzou
                            the longer Tre waits the harder his waiver process for immediate eligibility becomes.
                            I'm not sure I understand this thinking. He'll make a decision prior to fall semesters coming to an end and be able to enroll for spring. That should have zero to do with an NCAA decision on eligibility.

I'm assuming regardless of eligibility to play next semester, he won't be allowed to practice until after finals. Any delay on a decision and enrollment would only postpone when he could begin practice but should still have no impact on an eligibility ruling in my mind.
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Remember when that time when.......when the NCAA granted us that gift.....and all of us SHOCKER fans were sooooooo happy?????

Yeah me either.
                              FINAL FOURS:
                              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                              Number of Times Ranked: 157
                              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                              #3 - Dec. 2017
                              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                              #2 ~ March 2014
                              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• If I remember correctly, he said he would go home after his Iowa State visit, talk with his family over Thanksgiving, and make a decision then. Might not know anything until this weekend. He’d be a nice addition to the front line for sure. If he’s really paying attention, I think he’d realize that he’s going to get significant playing time in Wichita. And I’m pretty sure he’s paying attention.

Comment

Working...
                                X