Tre King - 6'9 F, Georgetown, EKU transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
    Looks more like a stretch 4 to me from that video but hopefully would be able to play the 5 as well.
    Yes, Rebounds, and defense are rarely put on a hi-lite video, but at 6'9" and 230 lbs. and athletic, he looks like a true 4/5 combo to me. AC used to be able to stretch defenses as well, but he could play the 5 position as a defender (he backed up Yugoslavian Center as a Senior) if he needed to, and in the NBA, he was mostly a 5 man, after he got up to 260 lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

14.9 points and 6.2 Reb. Are nice stats, but it’s his 1.2 bpg that sells me most. We could use a big guy who is athletic, and alter shots close to the cup. We don’t have any big guys with those skills right now.
      Kenny Pohto

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Kenny Pohto
        That was sort of my thoughts as well.

Comment

Kenny Pohto
          Having another one would allow for a lot more flexibility. If Kenny or Mo get hurt we are in big trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
            This would be a significant missing piece found.
            1000%!!!! The MacFarlane departure put an "oh-noooo" in what was really a very promising roster for this season. Be nice to finally get a NCAA ruling in our favor (MacFarlene scholarship) to get Mr. King!!! Missing piece fer sure. C'mon basketball Gods!!!! A little help here!!!
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
              Looks more like a stretch 4 to me from that video but hopefully would be able to play the 5 as well.
              There’s other videos where he spends time posting up and also guarding the five most of the game.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

There’s other videos where he spends time posting up and also guarding the five most of the game.
                  Good news.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                    Doesn't sound like anybody we bring in would be playing this season.

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Doesn't sound like anybody we bring in would be playing this season.
                      IB hasn’t been clear on that, but I would think your interpretation would be Plan A, but plans change if an injury occurs (to 4s or 5s) between now and then. King has two years of eligibility remaining.

Also, while I haven’t seen Pohto play, he isn’t an explosive leaper and shot blocker who can block shots at the rim from a player he isn’t guarding. My understanding is that Pohto blocked shots from 6’4” players. He can block shots occasionally because of his height, and body size, but it’s not his strength.

Comment

Why did I have to watch that video............

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          Just clear your history. Like it never happened.
                          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Also, while I haven’t seen Pohto play, he isn’t an explosive leaper and shot blocker who can block shots at the rim from a player he isn’t guarding. My understanding is that Pohto blocked shots from 6’4” players. He can block shots occasionally because of his height, and body size, but it’s not his strength.
                            You don’t have to be an explosive leaper to be able to block shots when you’re 6’11.

Blocked shots don’t count if they’re against 6’4 players? That doesn’t even make sense. “Kenny, I know you swatted the shot of that guard who beat his man to the basket but it doesn’t really count because he’s too short.”

I watched him play last week and he blocked two shots and was a rim deterrent on a few others. He looked like he had really good fundamentals, timing and understood verticality.

Obviously it was only one game so we’ll see what develops but he sure looked like he has the potential to lead the team in that stat.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              I know the feeling..

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

You don’t have to be an explosive leaper to be able to block shots when you’re 6’11.

Blocked shots don’t count if they’re against 6’4 players? That doesn’t even make sense. “Kenny, I know you swatted the shot of that guard who beat his man to the basket but it doesn’t really count because he’s too short.”

I watched him play last week and he blocked two shots and was a rim deterrent on a few others. He looked like he had really good fundamentals, timing and understood verticality.

Obviously it was only one game so we’ll see what develops but he sure looked like he has the potential to lead the team in that stat.
                                Youre right. We will see. Kenny was playing against a very short team. Not against big guys. You’re describing Anton Grady as a shot blocker, who wasn’t explosive although effective as a player. I’m talking a Cliff Levingston type of explosiveness. Two totally different things.

Comment

Working...
                                X