No announcement yet.

3 Down, 1 to Go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We could roll out a really tall team next year. 6'5 Reaves at the 1, 6'5 Dennis at the 2, 6'8 McDuffie/Moore/Udeze at the 3/4 and 7 foot asbjorn at the 5

Comment

• pinstripers
      pinstripers commented
      Editing a comment
      That might be tall in the Valley

Originally posted by Dan View Post
    True PG or not we need at least 2 guys on the court that can bring the ball up against heavy pressure. Reaves can barely do this, SHJ is prob the best returning ball handler. I don’t have faith that any of the current incoming guys have these type of handles.
    I think you use scheme to defeat presses and bringing the ball up. AR got surprised and rattled a couple of times, but SHJ also got picked clean a couple of times in a lot fewer minutes. Confidence to make the correct pass beats any pressure, not ball handling.
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• pinstripers
      pinstripers commented
      Editing a comment
      I would trust Reaves far more than SHJ against pressure

• ShockingButTrue
      ShockingButTrue commented
      Editing a comment
      Reaves got rattled a "couple" of times? Yeah, in one game, several times, in '17 and '18. But he is a good small forward.

nm -- wrong thread

Comment

Updated

Comment

• pinstripers
        pinstripers commented
        Editing a comment
        What?

• Shock Top
        Shock Top commented
        Editing a comment
        He updated where all the recruits have committed too.

Normally we would be working the 2019's hard. Might be getting behind there, but what can you do?

Comment

• Stickboy46
        Stickboy46 commented
        Editing a comment
        We will be EXTREMELY young this year. 2019 wont be a very big class.

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
      Normally we would be working the 2019's hard. Might be getting behind there, but what can you do?
      Right now we only will have 2 seniors next year. Markis and Samajae. We already have one verbal commit for the class of 2019 in DeAntoni Gordon. How far behind can we be?

Comment

• pinstripers
        pinstripers commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, I should have said 2019 and 2020. But we'll add 3 next year. Somebody always leaves.

I added Amir Harris 2018 PG, who has no thread at this time, due to Taylor Eldridge's 4/17/2018 article below which pinstripers had posted in the 2018 Recruiting: All You Need To Know thread.

Here Are 10 Recruits Who Might Fill Wichita State's Final 2 Spots For 2018

Comment

Put me in the Alvarez and Torres camp. If Alvarez is holding out to be the lone PG, then Torres and best player available. Can't have a player afraid to compete for time in our system.
        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Exactly ...I think Alverez is a great get but you can't have player who won't sign unless guaranteed playing time.. This ain't the coach or program for those types of players

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
            We could roll out a really tall team next year. 6'5 Reaves at the 1, 6'5 Dennis at the 2, 6'8 McDuffie/Moore/Udeze at the 3/4 and 7 foot asbjorn at the 5
            If Reaves is our starting point guard we are in for a very long season

Comment

Originally posted by fuball7 View Post

If Reaves is our starting point guard we are in for a very long season
              I'll take Things Fans Will Regret Saying for $800 Alex.

Comment

• shocktown
                shocktown commented
                Editing a comment
                Request clarification please!

• Cdizzle
                Cdizzle commented
                Editing a comment
                Well this had an interesting twist.

• ShockingButTrue
                Editing a comment
                He wasn't gonna' be the answer at point.

Really hope we get Alvarez. Averaging 12 assists a game in any league is very impressive. Bryant would be my pick for the other open slot. Torrez and Burton would be my next options.

Comment

• asiseeit
                asiseeit commented
                Editing a comment
                Agree

• ShockingButTrue
                Editing a comment
                Big class in Miami? No doubt.

Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
              Really hope we get Alvarez. Averaging 12 assists a game in any league is very impressive. Bryant would be my pick for the other open slot. Torrez and Burton would be my next options.
              Two of these 4 would make me ecstatic!
              Livin the dream

Comment

As soon as Lomax left, Alvarez was the first player on my wishlist. An article about his recruiting that was recently posted worries my a little. Of the schools he’s visited, we are the top school. It appears his mentors are trying to steer him here, but he’s not convinced yet.

I’m all for the young man taking his time to make the best decision. I just wish I knew his priorities. Is it coming to school where he can develop and have a chance to win a lot of games, even if he’s not the lead dog right away or is it a school where he’s lead dog right away regardless of the competition. I hope it’s the first and that he makes a decision soon. Otherwise, he could find himself odd man out and I think he would be a great asset to our program.

Comment

Coach is certainly leaving all is options open as he offers 6'10" PF/C 2018 Abdou Ndiaye.

Comment

Working...
                  X