No announcement yet.

3 Down, 1 to Go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aargh is a known skeptic who is often pleasantly surprised; I'm a sunshine pumper; neither of us is Gregg Marshall, who hates losing more than anyone this side of Fred VanVleet.

As a result, I'm willing to bet that 3G is NOT planning to treat 2019 as a throwaway in terms of postseason expectations. After his time at Winthrop, followed by what he's been through to get the Shocker program to where it is now, you could knock me over with a feather is he were to tell us that he's looking at next season as prep for 2019-20. And that being the case, I think he's likely to do whatever he thinks gives him the best chance to succeed next year, as well as in the future -- especially when you consider that it's down to just one scholarship anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
      I’m betting the house on Amin.
      Anyone know of any cheap houses on the market?

Asking for a friend..
      The Assman

Comment

• I’ll put money that Erik Stevenson and Ricky Torres don’t think it’s a throwaway season.

Comment

• Drumroll....... who's it gonna be who pops up completely out of the blue and takes Shockernet like a prom queen in a comic book store?
          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
            WSUwatcher commented
            Editing a comment
            "A prom queen in a comic book store?" That's a stumper, phlash, but I know what you mean about guys coming completely out of the blue -- it seems like there's someone like that every year or two.

• wufan
            wufan commented
            Editing a comment
            I would consider Dexter Dennis that guy in this year’s class.

• Perhaps a transfer in to replace our transfer out?

Comment

• I'm very happy to discover today that 3G still has some recruiting capital left to spend. Let's nab a good one chief.

T

...:cool:

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
              C0|dB|00ded commented
              Editing a comment
              n/m
              Last edited by C0|dB|00ded; May 8, 2018, 04:50 PM. Reason: Senility

• WstateU
              WstateU commented
              Editing a comment
              Not the lunker you're wanting; maybe a guppy.

• SEMO sophomore and leading scorer Denzel Mahoney will transfer, sources told ESPN. Averaged 19.3 points and 5.3 boards this past season and shot 41 percent from 3.

Comment

• Looks like he scored 23 points against Kstate last Dec on 6-9 shooting, in case any one wanted to know how he did against better competition. No other teams on their schedule appeared to be BCS level competition.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
              C0|dB|00ded commented
              Editing a comment
              I would advise against using Manure U as a barometer for anything. They lost to Tulsa in Wichita right around the same time. Cute Cinderella story tho.

T

• Well taking your point of view into consideration, it may be hard to tell how well his ability translates to another level in competition. I do consider 3pt percentage something that would make the transition somewhat easier and his is good.

Comment

• Anybody got any pull with Mike Daum? I know he said he’s going back to SDSU, but he could change his mind...?
              "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
                C0|dB|00ded commented
                Editing a comment
                Are you suggesting we should tamper with the big fella's commitment? If so give this number a call 1-901-ONE-CENT. Experts are standing by...

T

• ShockdaWorld
                ShockdaWorld commented
                Editing a comment
                As $.01 has shown us, it’s not tampering if you have previous history with a player. My question was of course asked with the assumption that if someone had any pull with him, it would also mean that they had previous history with him. ;)

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
              Anybody got any pull with Mike Daum? I know he said he’s going back to SDSU, but he could change his mind...?
              That was my dream one year rental player. Would love it to happen.
              The Assman

Comment

• And Teddy Allen walks into the comic book store.

Have at him fellow Shocker nerds.
                Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Mod. Please change title to 4 Down, 0 to Go. Thanks

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                    WSUwatcher commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'd suggest a title of: "4 Down, ? to Go."

Until Marshall says they're finished, who knows what may still be in the works?

• ShockTalk
                    ShockTalk commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Trying to be positive after what all has happened recently.

• Slykryck
                    Slykryck commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It’s technically one to go because Lindsted transferred, but we don’t need a scholly for his replacement.
                Working...
                X