No announcement yet.

3 Down, 1 to Go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope we leave one scholarship open. You never know when a player might become available. Custer might be our pg right now if we would have had a scholarship available when he transferred. Please sign at least one player soon though!
    I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• shocks02
      shocks02 commented
      Editing a comment
      A program of Wichita State's caliber will never leave a scholarship open. In today's age with all of the transfer hoopla, if you sign a player last minute and they don't produce then they just end up transferring anyways.

Originally posted by N Crestway View Post
    Here's some BS for you...when we lost the home game to Cincinnati with a share of the conference title on the line the program took a hit and now our recruiting is paying the price. The Marshall loss just compounded it. Lomax running back to Memphis compounded it a bit more. There's a new kid in town... it's no longer WSU. Granted I'm a glass half full guy with a depressive personality but I have to believe the program took a hit this season and is now somewhat behind the 8 ball in terms of recruiting.
    I'm not sure how serious a fan you are but you aren't the only one that is depressed. We always want to raise banners and win NCAA games.

But too much is being made out of this abbreviated spring recruiting period. We had pretty much shut down recruiting for 2018, and spending most of our time on 2019, so right now, we are recruiting left overs. While we will sign a PG or two, I'm not sure whether we will sign a Freshman Point Guard or not this spring. We are most definitely going to identify top freshman point guards for 2019 and sign one next fall so perk up. Things are going to be ok.

Comment

You know how when the bars are closing and the dudes that haven't hooked up with ladies yet start scrambling and parking lot pimpin'? That's us right now.

Sometimes it works out, sometimes all that unreleased testosterone leads to a fight, and sometimes it's a pizza in bed with a beer and Rosie Palm.

At least HCGM has a nice car.
      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• ShockdaWorld
        ShockdaWorld commented
        Editing a comment
        And the world’s first Pizza Hut.

Can we please get one recruit so I can have a 5 second celebration about something.

Comment

Pool keeps drying up.

Pretty soon, all that will be left is a soggy BabyRuth being swept around the chlorine-soaked floor.
        The Assman

Comment

• SHOCKvalue
          SHOCKvalue commented
          Editing a comment
          And strangely, lacking the nougat center.

This is a humbling experience. It’s showing that, in the eyes of 18-year-old kids, WSU isn’t on the same perceived level as these other “major” programs (yet).
        The Assman

Comment

Assistant coach that many believe can't coach and supposedly has recruiting ties to Florida and that area. I am still waiting on that first recruit from him.

Comment

• UCONN_Husky
            UCONN_Husky commented
            Editing a comment
            Donnie Jones is definitely not the answer. Just ask any UCF/AAC fan.

It's showing that they are rebuilding, not reloading. Also, having the PG position covered by either Lomax or Shamet would have helped changed that perception. Few teams can go far without an exceptional freshman or experienced/tested PG leading the way. We have neither. This is not an ideal situation for a grad transfer.

A quality Juco PG, on the other hand, is looking more at what a team's potential is his senior year. I don't think it would affect a freshman PG that much either as the whole team grows together. However, without that "quality/expereinced" PG, freshmen at other positions could be cautious.

Comment

I do agree I'm not sold on Donnie Jones... But hey who knows

Comment

• UCONN_Husky
              UCONN_Husky commented
              Editing a comment
              True. Perhaps being around Marshall will help with it.

If we can't get a really good freshman, bring in the JUCO and grad transfers and call it a day.

Comment

Just bring in good defensive grad transfers and recruit again next year

Comment

Still a lot of our top prospects still left out there imo. Cheese, Cremo, Jones, Amin, Dixon...lots of strong options.
                "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• UCONN_Husky
                  UCONN_Husky commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Jon Rothstein
                  @JonRothstein
                  Albany grad transfer Joe Cremo has cut his list to Creighton, Oregon, Gonzaga, Texas, and Penn State, per a source. Visits Creighton this weekend.

6:25 PM - Apr 11, 2018

• ShockdaWorld
                  ShockdaWorld commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Oops. Missed that one.

Alverez and Torress

Comment

• ShockdaWorld
                  ShockdaWorld commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Them too. I was trying to think of some that may not be on top of our minds and forgot to mention those two. Isn’t Torres coming in this weekend? Or am I thinking of someone else?

I still have four years of eligibility, and have never actually played competitive basketball, but maybe Donnie Jones can reach out to me.

PM me bro.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                  You know how when the bars are closing and the dudes that haven't hooked up with ladies yet start scrambling and parking lot pimpin'? That's us right now.

Sometimes it works out, sometimes all that unreleased testosterone leads to a fight, and sometimes it's a pizza in bed with a beer and Rosie Palm.

At least HCGM has a nice car.
                  Better than a fatty

Comment

Working...
                  X