3 Down, 1 to Go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
    ...and sometimes it's a pizza in bed with a beer and Rosie Palm.

The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

Better than a fatty
      No reason to mention a lady's weight......unless she's sitting on your face......then, maybe

Comment

I've always kinda assumed that the kids who don't sign until the Spring (opposed to the fall) are holding out for a better offer from a better program. Could totally be off on that.
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
          I've always kinda assumed that the kids who don't sign until the Spring (opposed to the fall) are holding out for a better offer from a better program. Could totally be off on that.
          I would assume academics, playing time, who is in front of them and overall fit are factors as well

Comment

One down, two to go!!

Comment

• Topshock
              Topshock commented
              Editing a comment
              At least two.

Needs to be two good ones. Patience please.

Comment

• ShockTalk
              ShockTalk commented
              Editing a comment
              The coaching staff knows a whole lot more than any of us. I'm sure they they're not going to have someone sign that interferes with someone else they feel they could get and want more. They have their pecking order and this signing probably does eliminate others on the list.

Bryant and Alveraz.

I hoping SHJ can be counted on to be the PG in this situation.

That said, with 8 Freshman, I would expect 3-4 of them to RS. The Jucos our there aren’t that exciting to me, so I’d rather get some promising young guys in and work with them from the jump.
            The Assman

Comment

• shock
              shock commented
              Editing a comment
              Doubt SHJ will be a PG. give play calling to Point-Forward and call it for this season

• ShockTalk
              ShockTalk commented
              Editing a comment
              I really like Alvarez, but I'm not sure how much he can be counted on year 1 (as true with most freshmen PGs except the very top) and the idea of Reaves and SHJ taking on a lot of PG duties seems, so far, to be iffy. Reaves is our "experience" at the 2 and 3 and should have his hands full.

As much as I also like Bryant (because I believe he could be a stretch 4 immediately if needed), we may need another PG worse -- Cheese, Torres, or Chartouny.

Getting Akinjo could change my thinking of the above, but I feel he's a real long shot.

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
            Bryant and Alveraz.

I hoping SHJ can be counted on to be the PG in this situation.

That said, with 8 Freshman, I would expect 3-4 of them to RS. The Jucos our there aren’t that exciting to me, so I’d rather get some promising young guys in and work with them from the jump.
            We already have enough wings. Brown, Dexter Dennis, Chance Moore, Poor Bear, and i think Udeze too all took an extra year of Prep school after high school. Also Stevenson has said he doesn’t want to redshirt. Maybe SHJ can still play point guard (I’ve heard the coaches still think he can) and maybe Stevenson can play some point but we need a point guard ready to play more than anything else.

Comment

• Shock Top
              Shock Top commented
              Editing a comment
              Some will RS, book it.

• shock
              shock commented
              Editing a comment
              Some will have to in order to compete at this level. Some big men need that extra year to acclimate.

• Shockm
              Shockm commented
              Editing a comment
              Someone may redshirt but I don’t think it’s guaranteed. Gregg Marshall has never required someone to redshirt. Much depends on what a players expectation is. Some may be more willing to transfer later than give a shirt year.

Torres or Cheese. would be great as Samajae would be better utilized at the two position. Akinjo is my favorite right now for a home run recruit (he checks all the boxes). If someone were to leave get Bryant (really like him). Burton is a good looking player as well.

Comment

Really important to get Torres

Comment

I want Alvarez and either Amin/Chartouny as a grad transfer. Gives us the PG experience while laying the groundwork for the future and hopefully much tougher defense. And it evens out the classes a bit so we have 3 graduate next year and can be looking to fill 2 spots in 2019.
                You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

I think that unless Marshall lands Torres (reasonable) or Akinjo (WAY OUT THERE on the unlikely scale), that Reaves starts the year as the PG. He has experience at the position, knows the system, and should have a summer to work on his weaknesses at that position.

I could see Reaves develop into something resembling a Shamet-like PG if he could ever get a year without major surgery.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• BOBB
                    BOBB commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Reaves is not a point guard. Shamet was not a point guard. If Reaves is our point guard next year we are in for a long season. Reaves is a two/three.

I do wonder how much we need a “true” PG. HCGM is smart enough to adapt his system (ie. VanVleet vs Shamet). Obviously someone will handle the bulk of the handling duties, but for the last two years we didn’t have a ball-dominant point guard. With all the bigger scoring wings were getting, I could almost see a lineup/system similar to Houston Rockets less Chris Paul or the Golden State.

Comment

True PG or not we need at least 2 guys on the court that can bring the ball up against heavy pressure. Reaves can barely do this, SHJ is prob the best returning ball handler. I don’t have faith that any of the current incoming guys have these type of handles.

Comment

Unless we ink Ajinko or Alvarez SHJ's stock goes up significantly. I've noticed others see him as a two
                      guard but I really only see him, physically, as a PG. If we don't sign a high quality PG I think Jones starts
                      there, with AR and ES on the wings, MM at stretch four and AM at center. Second five of Udeze,
                      Chandler, Brown, Moore with either Jones, AR or ES left in at point. Don't think we have much of a chance
                      for Ajinko so I am really hoping Alvarez signs soon. He would get plenty of PT and maybe start. Having
                      said that I think SHJ is going to have a good season for us and ES will be our next stud. Lots of freshman
                      on the second team but that could be a good thing down the road.

Comment

• shock
                        shock commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Mentally, he might only be a two, like Conner.
                    Working...
                    X