No announcement yet.

3 Down, 1 to Go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody know if we are expecting an announcement today?

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Alverez Torres Dexter

Comment

• WUs Your Daddy
          WUs Your Daddy commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree, and I think they’ll be perfect fits. The PGs have the composure I think we need due to the fact that we have a lot of strong personalities and youthful enthusiasm coming in, and we need a steady hand at the point like Lomax was going to offer.

Weirdest recruiting season I can remember.
        I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          Anybody know if we are expecting an announcement today?

Serrel Smith looks like he'll be announcing today or tomorrow. I have no knowledge of who he will be choosing however...

Comment

• choida
            choida commented
            Editing a comment
            Well we are still in the running... We were number 2 on he list in the fall... But new suiters have came so things are wide open as expected

• ShockerPhi
            ShockerPhi commented
            Editing a comment
            He just committed to Maryland. Cross him off the list... again.

If Akinjo is no longer an option, I like Torres, I like Dexter, I like Bryant and I Iike Hinson (if he is still an option), but leaving a scholarship or two open for next year isn’t a bad thing either...

Comment

I'm always still somewhat surprised on how hard it is to recruit to a proven program with great fans and a great coach not in the P-5. Not saying that a bunch of 4 and 5 Stars should be lining up to come play at Wichita St....but man seeing a lot of our targets go to a lesser P-5 school still shows how difficult it is.

Texas A&M?
            Maryland?
            etc.???

Ahhh I guess I'm just getting anxious to hear some new news. Hello Point Guard!!!! Is there anybody out there!!!!

No doubt Gregg will surprise us with something!
            Go Shocks!!!
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Money talks man...

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post
                Money talks man...
                money_talks_and_bullshit_walks_fx.jpg?w=510&h=510.jpg

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                  1972Shocker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Most bullshit I am familiar with just sits there waiting for someone to step in it. And someone always steps in it.

Of course, that is the genesis of the term "Oh $hit!"

It appears, to the untrained eye, that WSU's targets keep decreasing in perceived value and skill.

Hopefully, A-Lo reneging, coupled with Landry making the jump, didn't set the Shox back too far.

I'm afraid the best course of action might be to sign 3 grad transfers (unless Ankinjo "shocks" everyone) and to get started working on getting higher profile recruits for the 2019 class.
                The Assman

Comment

• Aargh
                  Aargh commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I've noticed the same thing. some of the players I've seen being mentioned lately seem to indicate that the "best available" in the spring signing period are what one would tend to expect A few prima donnas and a bunch of guys hoping for better offers after their senior years - and their senior years didn't do anything to change the minds of many recruiters, so they're still available.

Here's some BS for you...when we lost the home game to Cincinnati with a share of the conference title on the line the program took a hit and now our recruiting is paying the price. The Marshall loss just compounded it. Lomax running back to Memphis compounded it a bit more. There's a new kid in town... it's no longer WSU. Granted I'm a glass half full guy with a depressive personality but I have to believe the program took a hit this season and is now somewhat behind the 8 ball in terms of recruiting.

Comment

• golferc
                  golferc commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Your also a KU fan nothing more needs to be said

• UCONN_Husky
                  UCONN_Husky commented
                  Editing a comment
                  WSU could afford ChicKUn-style payments. But the Shockers have morals.

• N Crestway
                  N Crestway commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Just want you to know that I'm also a WSU guy...care a lot about WSU's program.

If the current assistants don’t deliver at least something of value in our current situation, then frankly I have no idea why they are employed, considering their in-game limitations.

Comment

Originally posted by N Crestway View Post
                  Here's some BS for you...when we lost the home game to Cincinnati with a share of the conference title on the line the program took a hit and now our recruiting is paying the price. The Marshall loss just compounded it. Lomax running back to Memphis compounded it a bit more. There's a new kid in town... it's no longer WSU. Granted I'm a glass half full guy with a depressive personality but I have to believe the program took a hit this season and is now somewhat behind the 8 ball in terms of recruiting.
                  08087c13f9aa38326cb25bfafd431399.jpg

Comment

There's no question that if we had cut down nets or gone to the S16 that our brand would be stronger

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                      There's no question that if we had cut down nets or gone to the S16 that our brand would be stronger
                      3f83b5519d2300aa39d47d636a43ac4c516b549f30ad88d005341f84748f615e.jpg

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X