Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how does shockernation feel about the game on friday now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerFever
    Originally posted by baylrballa
    Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
    Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
    we dont lose to division 2 teams.

Isnt there a hole you should be helping somebody dig at the moment??
    yeah, those exhibition losses really hurt. we tried some different things out, tarleton played very very hard. Their coach even said they treat these exhibitions as big games. they also had a handful of DI transfers some who started in DI.

taking nothing away from them, we didn't play hard and it showed.

It didn't change my outlook for the season at all. If we play like that friday, then it will.
    you still lost to a d 2 team
    I hope that makes you feel better after friday.
    It still won't change the fact that you actually.. lost... to a... DII team..
    hmmm, my records say we are 1-0.

Comment

hmmm, my records say we are 1-0.
      Ooooo.. what do ya know? Same with ours.

Does it make you feel better to know that you lost... to a... DII team.. in an exhibition game? I bet you were all glistening with joy and pride knowing that it didn't "count". I bet you must've felt so lucky and proud... like I'm sure the rest of the celebrating, happy Baylor faithful felt after the game. Wooohooo!!! :yahoo:
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

If we were to somehow in some strange land like say bizzarro world lose to baylor I would feel pretty bad.

Because then ill have to admit that WE lost to a d 2 team

Comment

For some reason I just gotta feeling Fridays game will be a close one, and IF we can pull it out i think it would give tremendous convidence to the youngsters on the team. Note: If they play decent and arent just carried by MB, Cooz, and Gal... I'd put PT in there but i feel he needs some solid games now to give him some more confidence after the debacle of the last 15 games of the year for him.

Anyway back to if they win... I think It'd be good to open up with a win against Baylor then have an opponent like Notre Dame (most likely) which is a Big East team and I imagine has enough talent to hold their own throughout the year in their conference. Could be a good couple games for the youngsters and for the team as a whole for the rest of the year.
          Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

we didn't play hard and it showed.
            I find that interesting.

I do know that won't ever be said about a WSU team. They will be playing hard win or lose.

Comment

Given Baylor's rich tradition of success, I'd say Baylor wins by 50. Afterall, WSU is just WSU and Baylor is Baylor.

Has WSU ever accomplished anything close to what Baylor has accomplished in the history of college basketball?

Baylor is in the BCS, so that alone guarantees a 50-point win for the Mighty Bears.

Comment

Serious question.

Is dancing allowed on campus at Baylor?

Comment

Re: how does shockernation feel about the game on friday now

Just saw the score of the pine bluff game. Didn't get to listen or read through the game thread, but didn't sound like an easy win.

any changed of affirmed opinions?
                  Why the #### are you scared to play us in baseball????

Comment

Baylor by 10-15 this friday. Mark it down.

I like Marshall, but not much talent on this shocker team.

Comment

Originally posted by lawmaker

LMAO...NO WAY Baylor wins by 10-15, they really aren't that good regardless of what people say. Hell this Ark Pine Bluff team shooting like they did would have probably beaten them. It's gonna be close, but Shox will win, no question in my mind.
                      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by ABC
                        Serious question.

Is dancing allowed on campus at Baylor?
                        since the mid 90's :clap:

we've already had the baseball thread.

not a big baseball fan, I gave reasons, but they weren't sufficient for people here.

Comment

only thing I will say about baseball is Shox are very solid, just have not performed that well when it counts.

baylor was in Omaha two years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by lawmaker

So who you pulling for in this one?

Comment

not a big baseball fan, I gave excuses, and they were too lame for the highly knowledgable fans here.
                              FIXED

BTW, My take on the basketball matchup: I see this as a rare opportunity to knock off a BXII opponent that is not completely hidden behind mommy's skirt at home. :D

If we don't capitalize on this opportunity, Shocker basketball will still be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by shockermo
                                :wsu_posters: The game was not as close as the score. I was there. They shot lights out and, got a lot of help from the refs. Shocks were in control the whole game.
                                I am of the opinion that if games were 42 minutes long, there was a very good chance that the Shocks would have lost.

I saw zero control in the last 6-8 mintes.

Comment

Working...
                                X