Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how does shockernation feel about the game on friday now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

baylrballa, you have to know that any questionable/cocky/arrogant statement made on an opponent's message board is going to be viewed in the harshest of ways. You shouldn't be surprised.

I agree with ShockerFever that the title of this topic has a smart-alek tone to it. Simply stated, guests need to tread lightly.

Comment

From a pure basketball standpoint, looking at rosters and experience, I actually give the edge to Baylor. I hate picking against the Shocks, but I haven't seen great PG play out of WSU (with exception of MB), we are far too careless with the ball on the perimeter, there's not enough output from PJ on the offensive end, and I'm still not sure on the new guys ability to hit shots with any kind of consistency. How big of an edge does that make, I don't know.

I think we're better defensively than last years group and we rebound a heck of a lot better, so we at least have that going in our direction.

If it is a low scoring game, I'll feel a lot better about the outcome. If they get up and down and hit shots, I'm not feeling confident about our chances. I don't expect to get down over the performance (be it great or not so great), either - especially after last season. I don't know that I'll ever feel the same way about early season games again. 8)

Comment

Originally posted by JVShocker
        From a pure basketball standpoint, looking at rosters and experience, I actually give the edge to Baylor. I hate picking against the Shocks, but I haven't seen great PG play out of WSU (with exception of MB), we are far too careless with the ball on the perimeter, there's not enough output from PJ on the offensive end, and I'm still not sure on the new guys ability to hit shots with any kind of consistency. How big of an edge does that make, I don't know.

I think we're better defensively than last years group and we rebound a heck of a lot better, so we at least have that going in our direction.

If it is a low scoring game, I'll feel a lot better about the outcome. If they get up and down and hit shots, I'm not feeling confident about our chances. I don't expect to get down over the performance (be it great or not so great), either - especially after last season. I don't know that I'll ever feel the same way about early season games again. 8)
        I believe I read somewhere on here that the 7 footer is out tonight.

And I am there with ya on the early season thing too. It was fun, but the end result wasn't. I'll take a reverse of fortunes any day over what happened last year.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock

I believe I read somewhere on here that the 7 footer is out tonight.

And I am there with ya on the early season thing too. It was fun, but the end result wasn't. I'll take a reverse of fortunes any day over what happened last year.
          They have two 7 footers, only one of which is out.
          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Damn. That isn't good.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever

If we lose by anything more than 10, I'll put a Baylor logo up on my avatar and create a sig line that reads "Owned by a Doormat".
              If this happens, I think you should use this logo with the bear humping the 'U.'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkpl68bfCtM

Comment

All I see in the logo is BJ, and is that what the Bears are going to be giving the Shocks tonight in the Virgin Islands?

:wsu_posters: :yahoo: :good:
                ________
                Washington medical marijuana
                http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

Originally posted by Indy23

If we lose by anything more than 10, I'll put a Baylor logo up on my avatar and create a sig line that reads "Owned by a Doormat".
                  If this happens, I think you should use this logo with the bear humping the 'U.'

worst logo ever. from the same guy who hired kevin steele and dave bliss......

Comment

there's not enough output from PJ on the offensive end
                    Pre-season, everyone was saying PJ is POY candidate in the Valley, now because he doesn't drop 20 in games where the outcome was never really in question and his offense wasn't really needed because other players like Gal, Matt, Ramon, and Phil were stepping up, now you are "projecting" not enough offensive output from PJ in a future game that will be more competitive?

PJ will score like a madman if we get behind or if our other player's shots aren't falling. That's the type of player he is. He responds to the necessity to score. He plays better when the competition is better. He scores more when we get behind in games. The only thing that gives me confidence in the Paradise Jam games is the play of PJ, Matt, and Phil. We are not as young of a team as some people like to say. Those three guys are veterans and they can carry us to many victories early in this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by baylrballa
                      Originally posted by Indy23

worst logo ever. from the same guy who hired kevin steele and dave bliss......
                      I've seen worse..

anyhow, I hope it's a fun game, no injuries(especially shockers) and low turnovers. I hope I hear Mike Kennedy yelling something along the lines of "for the win.....ITS GOOD! THE SHOX HAVE PULLED IT OFF! a last second shot by MB!"

that'd be neat. to hear again...
                      veni, vidi, vici

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
                        Yeah, and WSU had two near "7 footers" named Ryan Bradley and David King for two years. I seem to recall the sight of those two didn't strike fear into many of our opponents.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShockFan
                          Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
                          Yeah, and WSU had two near "7 footers" named Ryan Bradley and David King for two years. I seem to recall the sight of those two didn't strike fear into many of our opponents.
                          trust me its clearly different
                          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by notquiteBWing
                            I hope I hear Mike Kennedy yelling something along the lines of "for the win.....ITS GOOD! THE SHOX HAVE PULLED IT OFF! a last second shot by MB!"

that'd be neat. to hear again...
                            Better yet, I'd like to hear: "Marshall has emptied his bench and the Bears can't seem to stop Lance Harris, Bret Michaels or Graham Hatch either."
                            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                            -John Wooden

Comment

Working...
                            X