Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how does shockernation feel about the game on friday now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerFever
    Now I'm curious. When was the last time Baylor saw post-season?

And when was the last time Baylor saw the NCAA's?
    Probably last year when they turned on the TV to watch their conference bretheren play ball.

Comment

And the answer for the NCAA part is ....

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
        Originally posted by baylrballa
        I was expecting to be 6-7 point favorites, so it's not too far off. I think we should win by double digits though.
        You are 5 and 43 the past 5 seaons playing games on the road and/or neutral sites. Although I think you will win, I'm basing this prediction more on the lines that WSU will beat themselves due to inexperience, not because Baylor and their impressive 5 - 43 road record hands down dominated the Shox.

Perhaps the fairest assessment of the prospect of the game I've seen.

KC, can you give me an idea where KC North is located and how long is it going to take me to get there from, say, Harrahs?

Comment

Originally posted by Ixiah

And the answer for the NCAA part is ....

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pag...u_sid=10175797
          1988? Wow. Worst in the Big 12 by farrrr.

2001. 2001 was the last time Baylor participated in post-season play - in the NIT. 2001. 2001? Wow.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I've stayed out of this, but I must comment that I object to the use of "balla" in baylrballa's handle. Can the mods change it? I'm thinking "baylorballzon" or "baylortroll" or "baylorbuster" or "tool."
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
              Originally posted by KC Shox
              Originally posted by baylrballa
              I was expecting to be 6-7 point favorites, so it's not too far off. I think we should win by double digits though.
              You are 5 and 43 the past 5 seaons playing games on the road and/or neutral sites. Although I think you will win, I'm basing this prediction more on the lines that WSU will beat themselves due to inexperience, not because Baylor and their impressive 5 - 43 road record hands down dominated the Shox.

Perhaps the fairest assessment of the prospect of the game I've seen.

KC, can you give me an idea where KC North is located and how long is it going to take me to get there from, say, Harrahs?
              KC North the general area like Liberty and Gladstone? If that is your question it won't take but 20-25 minutes. Harrahs is located pretty much Northeast area of downtown KCMO. If you are located in actual North Kansas City, heck your 10-20 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Ol' Badass Balla
                I've stayed out of this, but I must comment that I object to the use of "balla" in baylrballa's handle. Can the mods change it? I'm thinking "baylorballzon" or "baylortroll" or "baylorbuster" or "tool."
                BaylorCellarDweller

Comment

I think we should probably back off on the Baylor fans. If we kill off a couple that would only leave them with a fanbase of 4.

Comment

Am I the only one who thinks that nothing the Baylor fans have done on this board is that bad? I mean, they haven't necessarily been saints (although neither have a lot of WSU fans), but we have seen way worse than this.

In may get ripped for this, but the fact is that it wasn't too long ago that WSU had the kind of post season dry spell that Baylor currently has, so it seems kind of stupid to be ripping them for it. Right now, a lot of WSU fans are treating Baylor the exact same way as WSU is often treated by KU or KSU fans. Instead of actual basketball analysis it becomes a matter of insulting the other school. It is stupid when other schools insult WSU without having beaten them on the court and it is stupid for WSU to do the same to someone else.
                    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

I been over to the baylor board, and they are pretty cocky, they think they are KU or something. They seem to think they will beat us by 20 points easily
                      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
                        Am I the only one who thinks that nothing the Baylor fans have done on this board is that bad? I mean, they haven't necessarily been saints (although neither have a lot of WSU fans), but we have seen way worse than this.

In may get ripped for this, but the fact is that it wasn't too long ago that WSU had the kind of post season dry spell that Baylor currently has, so it seems kind of stupid to be ripping them for it. Right now, a lot of WSU fans are treating Baylor the exact same way as WSU is often treated by KU or KSU fans. Instead of actual basketball analysis it becomes a matter of insulting the other school. It is stupid when other schools insult WSU without having beaten them on the court and it is stupid for WSU to do the same to someone else.
                        Exactly!!! Some people need to look in the mirror more often than they do.

Comment

It's just you look at the title of this thread, you look at the first post.. it seems fine, maybe a little bit of a back-handed comment, but ok, and then 10 Shocker posters respond in a very respectful way, and then you get to post #11 and the same author of this thread feels the need to turn it south.. for no reason at all than to apparently get under our skin on our board, acting like Baylor is or has been anything relevant to the college basketball world.

I can take a little bit, but it's when fans get arrogant and cocky, and show little respect as guests on this board, that's when I get a little defensive. It's a standard message board response. Defend the territory!

And back on topic:

If we lose by anything more than 10, I'll put a Baylor logo up on my avatar and create a sig line that reads "Owned by a Doormat".
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

The news from Waco, TX. Sign up it's free.

Comment

I was impressed with Durley's performance against APB. He showed some of his versilitility and talent. He didn't look 'lazy' to me, but did look like he conserves his energy on the court a little different at times.
                              He definately conveys the impression that he could be a real force on the court.

Clemente is adjusting just about how I had him pegged. He's a player that prides himself on knowing the 'ins' and 'outs' on the court, and will be seasoned to D-1 ball pretty fast.

Our 'defense' will be tested between the 7 footer Baylor has, plus the perimeter play by their guards. I am a little concerned by the 2nd half lulls that occur on defense, and think we have to play good defense for 40 minutes to win consistently. Our offense is still a work in progress, although we have the guns, we are not consistent enough on offense, but I have noticed we do pretty good on the Offensive boards to allow us a 2nd or 3rd attempt to get a basket.

We will, by no means, be a 'walkover' for Baylor, and although I love the Shocks, this game, in all honesty, could go either way. It may just boil down to the team that wants it the most. If our defense is good, and we are hitting on all cylinders, I think we win, but if not, it will be a struggle.

Comment

It's just you look at the title of this thread, you look at the first post.. it seems fine, maybe a little bit of a back-handed comment, but ok, and then 10 Shocker posters respond in a very respectful way, and then you get to post #11 and the same author of this thread feels the need to turn it south.. for no reason at all than to apparently get under our skin on our board, acting like Baylor is or has been anything relevant to the college basketball world.

I can take a little bit, but it's when fans get arrogant and cocky, and show little respect as guests on this board, that's when I get a little defensive. It's a standard message board response. Defend the territory!

And back on topic:

If we lose by anything more than 10, I'll put a Baylor logo up on my avatar and create a sig line that reads "Owned by a Doormat".
                                I have said nothing but light-hearted jokes and my expectations. Maybe a bit cocky, but not arrogant. Jokes about murder and davidians (who weren't even in waco) have nothing to do with basketball and a definitely not any kind of jovial banter.

Most here aren't taking it the wrong way and are good people. I'm all for defending the territory and coming over here expect a little hazing, but I'll defend my stance in return as well.
                                :good:

Comment

Working...
                                X