Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how does shockernation feel about the game on friday now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuDrWu
    Originally posted by baylrballa
    Originally posted by shockerfan
    Baylor ought to be a good warm-up game to start out with in the Virgin Islands.
    definitely.

should be a good prep before making a solid run in the consolation bracket.

Cockiness, especially when visiting, deserves a big dose of karma.

FWIW, I think we are in a little deep on Friday but I would love our chances if we played in February. This team is going to improve by leaps and bounds as the season progresses.

I'll still be there hoping our defense can win the day!

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:
    it's all in good fun. I'll hang around for a while win or lose, rooting for the shockers to beat up on monmouth. 8)

Comment

Re: how does shockernation feel about the game on friday now

Just saw the score of the pine bluff game. Didn't get to listen or read through the game thread, but didn't sound like an easy win.

any changed of affirmed opinions?
      Just saw the score of the Tarleton State?? game. Didn't get to listen or read through the game thread, but didn't sound like an easy LOSS.

Any changed or affirmed opinions?
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

we dont lose to division 2 teams.

Isnt there a hole you should be helping somebody dig at the moment??

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone

yeah, those exhibition losses really hurt. we tried some different things out, tarleton played very very hard. Their coach even said they treat these exhibitions as big games. they also had a handful of DI transfers some who started in DI.

taking nothing away from them, we didn't play hard and it showed.

It didn't change my outlook for the season at all. If we play like that friday, then it will.

Comment

it's all in good fun.
            If that's the case, then here goes.

We've had Syracuse fans out here who we loved coming by to visit and talk basketball. We still have George Mason fans from their F4 year who come here and we mutually enjoy their visits and comments. We've had Illinois fans come here and show more respect for our board than B12 fans.

Now we have Baylor fans coming here and talking trash?

I never thought WSU basketball would sink so low. Not even in the '90's with incompetent coaches, lazy players and horrible teams. Not even then did I think WSU would fall so far as to have Baylor fans talking trash on WSU fans.

Has Waco turned the old Branch Davidian compound into any kind of tourist attraction?

it's all in good fun.
            Hey, this is great. I can say anything I want as long as I end it with this:

it's all in good fun.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I'm not concerned at all. The team was nervous and hyped up today. They'll be fine.
              "You can observe a lot just by watching."
              -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh
                it's all in good fun.

We've had Syracuse fans out here who we loved coming by to visit and talk basketball. We still have George Mason fans from their F4 year who come here and we mutually enjoy their visits and comments. We've had Illinois fans come here and show more respect for our board than B12 fans.

I never thought WSU basketball would sink so low. Not even in the '90's with incompetent coaches, lazy players and horrible teams. Not even then did I think WSU would fall so far as to have Baylor fans talking trash on WSU fans.

Has Waco turned the old Branch Davidian compound into any kind of tourist attraction?

a little testy tonight.

sports needs 'trash' talking, if you want to call it that. I have confidence in my team, as do most of ya'll in yours. I can always talk basketball too, but adding a jab or two never hurt anyone.

Now throwing the branch davidian thing in there is a classy move though. :good:

Comment

Baylrbala,

If your team turns the ball over 26 times and gives up 16 O boards to the Shocks on Friday, you'll be the one hoping to make a run in the consolation round because your guys won't shoot 60%. 50% and 85% against my team.

Comment

This team is going to be fine come Feb but I have a feeling the game on Friday won't be close.

Comment

yeah, those exhibition losses really hurt. we tried some different things out, tarleton played very very hard. Their coach even said they treat these exhibitions as big games. they also had a handful of DI transfers some who started in DI.

It didn't change my outlook for the season at all. If we play like that friday, then it will.
                      you still lost to a d 2 team

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                        Baylrbala,

If your team turns the ball over 26 times and gives up 16 O boards to the Shocks on Friday, you'll be the one hoping to make a run in the consolation round because your guys won't shoot 60%. 50% and 85% against my team.
                        we lose if we turn the ball over 26 times. I'll give you that, we played a sloppy second half. after being up 24 @ half.

Also, I think we could agree both teams are going up against much better teams than they have played so far, and most likely will not shoot as well.

Comment

I hope that makes you feel better after friday.

Comment

it's all in good fun.

a little testy tonight.

sports needs 'trash' talking, if you want to call it that. I have confidence in my team, as do most of ya'll in yours. I can always talk basketball too, but adding a jab or two never hurt anyone.

If the "Miracle on 34th Street" happens, and WSU somehow does sneak out a win on Friday night, you're setting yourself up for a very unpleasant return flow of garbage. The only difference is you won't be here to take it in because after a loss, I'm sure you're one of those big, tough "hit and run" type of posters. Wouldn't surprise me in the least..
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I hope that makes you feel better after friday.
                              It still won't change the fact that you actually.. lost... to a... DII team..
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
                                it's all in good fun.

a little testy tonight.

If the "Miracle on 34th Street" happens, and WSU somehow does sneak out a win on Friday night, you're setting yourself up for a very unpleasant return flow of garbage. The only difference is you won't be here to take it in because after a loss, I'm sure you're one of those big, tough "hit and run" type of posters. Wouldn't surprise me in the least..
                                I told you, 'it's all in good fun' 8)

I'll be back win or lose to say good game. and will take some probably deserved shots, but turns out I'm a big boy and don't take anything too personally on a sports message board. you should try it. :good:

Comment

Working...
                                X