WSU v. Ark Pine Bluff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU v. Ark Pine Bluff

Let's start some discussion on this one.

(That's what this forum is for anyway, not other schools and other sports)

How will the Marshall Era begin on Tuesday night? Will we see a continuation of the full bench experimenting, or will we see more of an 8-9 man rotation?

Coach is going to experiment a few times and the more the team plays together, hopefully the more likely they'll gel better

Comment

Experimentation

At some point, GM is going to have to cut down on all the substituting so the offense can develop some kind of continuity. In the post game radio show after the Pitts St game, GM said that he played everyone at 3-4 positions except at center. He said the staff wud be looking at film of the game then next day to see how everyone did in the various positions. The Shocks need to get their offense in better shape before the Paradise Jam! Certainly, with all the new faces, defense is going to have to help carry the day at the start of the season and for awhile.

Comment

He's still going to try and get a lot of looks against Pine Bluff. Why not? It's a game that should be won without a ton of trouble and he needs to see what different players can do with eachother and at different positions. That'll help set us up for the Paradise Jam.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Like any good coach, CGM will experiment when the score of the game allows. In a close game, the experimentation stops. That is, until he gets to know the abilities of his players in game situations.
          "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

More looks

Subgod, I agree, except I don't think GM will go for quite as many looks as in the Pitt St game. In that game, I noticed that he didn't play Brent Burley although he did play the other walk-ons. Perhaps he wanted to get more minutes for JT Durley. I'd like to see a better performance in the 2nd half of the next game as compared to the 2 preseason games.

Comment

I don't think we'll see AS MUCH experimentation as we have during the exhibitions. I think he'll start wanting to get his lineups in order and get them some significant time together on the court during a game before heading to Paradise Jam. I still think he'll probably play just about everyone, but only when the score allows and only for a minute or two.
              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

BM got in because nobody else could run the point effectively. GM pretty much said that on the post game. I wouldn't expect as much either, but I think we'll see a number of lineups and looks. Moreso in the 2nd half than the 1st. I'd expect us to go more with the normal 8 or so early. Build up a lead and some confidence and then look for some different looks in the 2nd. That is unless APB surprises us all and hangs the entire game.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Who do you think the starters will be? It seemed like Ramon had a better game coming off the bench, and will PJ & Gal start?

Comment

Originally posted by RHshoxfan
                    Who do you think the starters will be? It seemed like Ramon had a better game coming off the bench, and will PJ & Gal start?
                    My guess:

Matt - PG
                    Gal - SG
                    PJ - SF
                    Gris - PF
                    Phil - C
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

We'd better start getting our act together soon or we are going to join the ranks of the BCS schools who have been handed their lunch by teams they were reportedly vastly superior to.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan
                        Originally posted by RHshoxfan
                        My guess:

Matt - PG
                        Gal - SG
                        PJ - SF
                        Gris - PF
                        Phil - C
                        That would be my guess as well. Griskenas deserves the spot at PF. Even though he hasn't scored (at least not to my knowledge), he has been a rebounding machine.

:posterwu:
                        Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                          He's still going to try and get a lot of looks against Pine Bluff. Why not? It's a game that should be won without a ton of trouble and he needs to see what different players can do with eachother and at different positions. That'll help set us up for the Paradise Jam.
                          Didn't MK say they are picked 2nd in coference this year? I know the league they play in is weak but they aren't going to be a pushover. ... yeah I know that sounds weird talking about Ark Pine-Bluff.

Comment

I haven't heard what they're picked, I'm just going off of what history I know. Preseason picks don't mean much to me anyway. 7th anyone????
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by wxkid23
                              Originally posted by SubGod22
                              Didn't MK say they are picked 2nd in coference this year? I know the league they play in is weak but they aren't going to be a pushover. ... yeah I know that sounds weird talking about Ark Pine-Bluff.
                              Well, they lost by 27 to UTEP...

Comment

Working...
                              X