No announcement yet.

Any news on Orukpe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For some reason, I have the feeling that he's going to have a big night against all those guards from La Salle. I'm probably wrong, but that's what I'm feeling.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• This matchup doesn't bode well for EO to get enough minutes to make a big splash. For the 12-15 minutes he will hopefully get, I would like to see him secure 6 or 7 rebounds. Preferably a couple of thunderous follow up dunks that rattle the arena. With his career winding down, three more games please, it's time for the unrealistic expectations to be replaced with just accepting the results he produces. It's unfortunate that his over the top athletic ability has yielded James Bunch results. Although his production on the court has been pedestrian at best, his quality personal character, effort and unyielding desire as a human being makes me proud to always call him a Shocker.

Comment

• What unrealistic expectations? Nobody is calling for a massive game. I do think he could get a number of rebounds and even blocks tomorrow. He's still one of the best shot blockers we've seen here regardless of his lack of offensive production.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
          With his career winding down, three more games please, it's time for the unrealistic expectations to be replaced with just accepting the results he produces.
          I would suspect that over 90% of the "unrealistic expectations" were not real expectations. I'm sure nobody really expected him to shoot lightening bolts out his arse.

He doesn't have a 160 page thread because of his basketball skills.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
            With his career winding down, three more games please, it's time for the unrealistic expectations to be replaced . . .
            Hell no. It's time to DOUBLE DOWN!! If not now, when? :)
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
              What unrealistic expectations? Nobody is calling for a massive game. I do think he could get a number of rebounds and even blocks tomorrow. He's still one of the best shot blockers we've seen here regardless of his lack of offensive production.
              I was referring to the "unrealistic expectations" you and others kept praying for all year Be honest, 2.8 ppg/4.4 rpg/1.5 bpg/15.9 mpg weren't your expectations through out most of the season. For us to be effective vs. La Salle, Hall and Early need to play a lot of minutes together. I would be shocked if EO got more than 15 minutes in this game (unless something like foul trouble for Hall and/or Early happen). Like I said before 6-7 rebounds, with a couple of bone-rattling follow dunks would be great. La Salle plays the penetrate, kick out offense. It doesn't matter who is in the lane playing defense, the kick out game is what they appear to play.

Comment

• EO:

2 pts, 9 rebounds, 1 block

THANK YOU big guy!!!

Comment

• Big minutes when hall had to leave. Terrible hands as usual but the bounds are nothing to scoff at. Everyone brought it in this one.

Comment

• EO shut down Wright!!

Forget the hands. HE DID HIS JOB!!

Comment

• The big fella was picture-esque.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                        EO shut down Wright!!

Forget the hands. HE DID HIS JOB!!
                        Definitely! He only has 'bad hands' when he isn't expecting a bail out pass from an out of control guard. I think he switches to rebound mentality about a split second too soon sometimes and right then, a guard bails on the layup and dishes to him.

Oh well. He was great. Absolutely beautiful game for everyone. The stats are well rounded for everyone and tremendous

Comment

• Outstanding performance tonight big fella. Nigerian Nightmare part DEUX!

T

...:cool:

Comment

• Holy crap. As if 9 bounds wasn't enough, HE DID IT IN 8 MINUTES.

Comment

• EO does some great things for us, especially against smaller players and teams. He rebounds at a high level, blocks shots, and affects shots in the lane. But don't make excuses for him. He fumbles at least 1-3 good passes every game that if he caught them, they could be finished with a dunk. He has an imperfection in his game and blaming our guards for it isn't facing reality.

Comment

• Great game tonight!

Comment

Working...
                                X