Any news on Orukpe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
    EO does some great things for us, especially against smaller players and teams. He rebounds at a high level, blocks shots, and affects shots in the lane. But don't make excuses for him. He fumbles at least 1-3 good passes every game that if he caught them, they could be finished with a dunk. He has an imperfection in his game and blaming our guards for it isn't facing reality.
    I don't disagree with that at all. I'm just excited and running my mouth.

Comment

• And how many shots did he influence? I was impressed with Wright, but Ehimen shut him down when Hall struggled to do so. The only knock on him has been his hands and offense, which we all have known for a long time aren't that great. He plays because of D and rebounding and does a damn fine job at that.

More to come
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
        And how many shots did he influence? I was impressed with Wright, but Ehimen shut him down when Hall struggled to do so. The only knock on him has been his hands and offense, which we all have known for a long time aren't that great. He plays because of D and rebounding and does a damn fine job at that.

More to come
        Can't wait to see him play the mighty Ohio state :)

Holding on for that big game and he seems to be trending

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
          Can't wait to see him play the "mighty" Ohio state :)
          *fixed*

T

...:cool:

Comment

• Did he only play 8 minutes and secure 9 rebounds...wow. It's that kind of production he needs to bring against "The."
            The match up with TOSU gives EO the best chance to make a significant impact. It's time to shine son and for the hype to rise to the top.

Comment

• EO was a huge factor again last night (9 rebounds in 8 minutes) and I'm glad he's on our team. I just didn't like it that our guards were blamed for his bad hands. Our guards have made some great passes to him only to be bungled. By the way, EO wasn't the only player I yelled at last night. Cle missed numerous bunnies that he should have finished. I don't care if he can't play with his back to the basket, he needs to be tougher under the basket and finish.

If those things had happened last night, we would have won it by 20-25 points.

Against Ohio State, we'll probably need to make those bunnies and continue to make our 3's to win.

Comment

• You can't make certain passes to Ehimen and everyone knows that. That is why the guards have been criticized at times.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

You can't make certain passes to Ehimen and everyone knows that. That is why the guards have been criticized at times.

This. EO drops his share of easy ones, no doubt. But Demetric has to know better than firing a below-the-waist bullet at him from 4 feet away in traffic. That's been a turnover for 3 years now.

Comment

You can't make certain passes to Ehimen and everyone knows that. That is why the guards have been criticized at times.
                    It's instinct to make a pass for a dunk on the spur of the moment. If athletes think too much, they aren't effective.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                      It's instinct to make a pass for a dunk on the spur of the moment. If athletes think too much, they aren't effective.
                      But you have to know your surroundings and who you have with you. I expect more out of our PGs. I played with guys with bad hands and knew who you could do what with. And hell, some of these passes even Cle and Hall would struggle with.
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• 2 more days to add to the post count. Then 7 more after that...

EO did an outstanding job on the boards last night.

Comment

• The big fella played very well.
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• what is he up to in blocks in shocker history?

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
                              what is he up to in blocks in shocker history?
                              Tied for 8th. http://shockernet.net/forum/showthre...l=1#post274144
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Listen, order & watch now: https://bio.to/daftpunkOfficial Music Video for “One More Time”, taken from “Discovery” available on all platforms: https://daftpu...

Comment

Working...
                                X