No announcement yet.

Any news on Orukpe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe they knew he would be in Wichita in just a few days and decided to make the statement then.
    In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh
      The coaching staff might be pretty busy with other things than discussing Orukpe. We're still in the signing period and every expectation is that they're not done signing players - ir at least aren't done trying to sign players.

Oh, FWIW, US Army 1969-1975. I hold 2 offices in Thomas Hopkins American Legion Post 4 by the downtown tag office. I feel pretty qualified to discuss wars and VietNam, but this sure isn't the place to do it.
      OT but Ive been to some pretty cool parties at said building downtown next to the tag office.

So thank you sir!!

Comment

• That's pretty much the way I was leaning. Hopefully the news of him being on the plane as we speak is accurate and this is all resolved in the next 48 hours. :yahoo:
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Thanks to everyone for the response, all make good sense. I will just have to wait and see and hope you are all right.

Comment

• Try not to worry so much. You'll feel better. :P
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• When do summer classes begin?
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22
                When do summer classes begin?
                around June 9th
                Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Which would lead me to my next question. How soon can those students get housing?

I'm just trying to figure out when they'll all be on campus. I'll have to plan my schedule accordingly :D
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234
                    Originally posted by SubGod22
                    When do summer classes begin?
                    around June 9th
                    I think pre-session two-week classes probably start on the 26th of May.
                    Spoiler Alert: Bruce Willis was dead the whole time!

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22
                      Which would lead me to my next question. How soon can those students get housing?

I'm just trying to figure out when they'll all be on campus. I'll have to plan my schedule accordingly :D
                      the way i understand it, is the recruits can come on campus when 2 things happen, their school is out of session and then when WSU's spring semester is out of session.
                      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• I'm wondering if :poster_eo: has an effective crossover? Where is Tyrone Shoelace when we need him?
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• :poster_eo: doesn't need a crossover dribble. He crosses over peoples heads as he dunks on them!!

Comment

• The question is, will his dunks be as awesome as Carr, X, and Cliff? Hands above the square, head even with the rim?
                            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan
                              The question is, will his dunks be as awesome as Carr, X, and Cliff? Hands above the square, head even with the rim?
                              If he does we'll never remove that permasmile from your face :D
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• I don't know if Coach Gross is prone to maybe exaggerate a wee bit, but IIRC he reported that Orukpe plays "with his head above the rim". You don't hear that expression often - it's generally just "plays above the rim".

Imagine holding a basketball directly in front of your face and dropping it through the basket. Coach Gross also reported Orukpe started on one side of the lane, jumped, grabbed a rebound and landed on the other side of the lane. I don't think elevation or air time is going to be a factor in dunks. Learning American-style "show" dunks probably hasn't happened.
                                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X