X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doesn't he become God22 at 10,000??

Comment

• Michael(sub) row the boat ashore hallelujah
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• The summer games are going to be a must see. I'll definitely be around.

Two 7 footers going at it. Two skilled 7 footers going at it. Two 7 footers that are going to make eachother better as well as those around them.

We'll have one of the best athletes in the Valley in Hawkins. He should provide many highlight reel plays over the summer for us to talk about.

Two JUCO guards who can play. They can both shoot, pass, dribble and defend. Hard nosed players who are going to push eachother and make eachother better. Also the type of players that can make those around them better.

A couple of pretty darn good FR athletes. A couple of guards that will make things fun and interesting. One more of a slasher while the other is a better shooter from deep. Both can get to the hole and finish.

Durley can put in an offensive show. Hopefully we'll see him D'ing up Clemente and being somewhat successful. Clemente is going to make people look bad no matter what. He knows how to use his body and quickness to get the ball in the hoop.

Hatch will be bombing away threes that make you say WOW! Hopefully we'll see a more comfortable Hatch having a year under his belt after two away from the game.

And then we can't forget Ellis. The freakishly long CF who had his coming out party in STL. Lord only knows what he's capable of if he's finally figured it out!!!
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Don't forget Griskenas...

I've said it over and over, and will continue to say it because you saw him starting to come around last year...

The kid can play and shoot. He will be one to help create space inside by knocking down 3's and pulling the other 4 to the arch.
          Ellis will do the same thing. Teams will have to choose whether to guard the 7' Centers in the paint one on one, or leave those guys open outside.

Comment

• I knew I forgot someone. The pleasures of posting from work and having to do things in the middle of a post. I believe Griz is close to being cleared if I remember correctly. I really like him and he will be a valuable part of the team. I think I forgot about him on the recruiting thread too.

The weapons we'll have this season are tremendous. They're young and inexperienced at the D1 level but it's there. The two big guys are a big part of it. Teams can't not pay attention to them and that helps everyone. And if they can pass out of the post as they're sure to be double teamed it's even better.
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• "Two 7 footers going at it. Two skilled 7 footers going at it. Two 7 footers that are going to make eachother better as well as those around them. "

Let's be fair to the guys coming in, we have two 7 footers that have never played a Division I college basketball game and one who isn't here yet. Yes, they will make each other better in practice but they have never played at the speed they are going to need to. They have never played with the physical and mental intensity it takes to compete in college. We are calling them "skilled" without having seen them. Bart Westgeest was supposed to be "skilled" and we know how that turned out. I have high expectations of the incoming players but I also am enough of a realist to know we are at least 20 games into the season before we see the potential of this team and, with all the newcomers, are probably at least going to have to wait until 2009-2010 until we compete at a high level. I have faith HCGM will get us back to the post season but to ask him to do it this year with as many new players we have is a lot to ask. I hope someone saves this post and at the end of the season I am completely wrong and we found a way to win 20 games. I just want to make sure we don't put undue pressure on young men who haven't been in the fire yet. :poster_ramon:

Comment

• recruiting class

No matter what happens next year, I think it's pretty evident that this is the best recruting class we've had in a long time. The last good recruting class with Howard/Burns/Kampman/Miller was the foundation to our rise from the valley cellar. This class, especially considering that we have 4 very good freshmen, is looking better than any class Turgeon brought in. It will be fun to watch them develop.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22
                  I knew I forgot someone. The pleasures of posting from work and having to do things in the middle of a post. I believe Griz is close to being cleared if I remember correctly. I really like him and he will be a valuable part of the team. I think I forgot about him on the recruiting thread too.

The weapons we'll have this season are tremendous. They're young and inexperienced at the D1 level but it's there. The two big guys are a big part of it. Teams can't not pay attention to them and that helps everyone. And if they can pass out of the post as they're sure to be double teamed it's even better.
                  Have you noticed that the last three posts have logged in at "9999". Maybe the counter just sticks at that number and we will never know how many you have.

On the subject of Gris -- He was coming around at the end of last year. I thought he might have been playing cautious, not wanting to hurt the knee he injured the year before. If he was, where does that leave him this year with havnig injured both knees.

We have two (praise Lord count them -- two) 7 footers. However, they both have to meat up. They are thin and I don't know if there is enough time this summer and fall to get some "good" meat (i.e., muscle) packed on them. Here's hoping.

Comment

• Sub has made history 10000 posts. Congrats. Check out his new thread

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan1
                      Sub has made history 10000 posts. Congrats. Check out his new thread
                      The counter finally rolled over and I saw his great 10,000th.

Comment

• The post was delayed due to work getting in the way. I considered leaving it at 9999 for a couple of days but didn't think I could wait. Enough of me, let's get back to Orukpe and the Twin Towers package with Stutz :D

Seriously, I can't wait for official word that Ehimen is in Wichita. That news can't come soon enough.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22
                          The post was delayed due to work getting in the way. I considered leaving it at 9999 for a couple of days but didn't think I could wait. Enough of me, let's get back to Orukpe and the Twin Towers package with Stutz :D

Seriously, I can't wait for official word that Ehimen is in Wichita. That news can't come soon enough.
                          Let's all hope EO happens before Sub hits 20,000 posts.

Comment

• I'd explode if he didn't
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• We no longer have to play forwards at center for the first time since Miller left. They maybe be inexperienced but they have one thing you just can't teach, 7 foot tall. We have two true point guards and two combo guards. Hawkins has cleared his transfer year and is ready to play. Gris was coming on before his injury and appears to be doing well on his rehab. Aaron Ellis was looking good, Hatch was showing signs of knocking off the rust and Ramon was looking to score after his rebounds.

Add to all this Coach Gregg Marshall. It might take some time for these guys to put it all together, but by Valley Time look out.

Comment

• congrats sub, do you realize how it would be almost impossible for a "normal" valley 5 to stay with us. you can get away with having one 6'7 or 6'8 but no more playing 6'4' power forwards and getting away with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X