X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tolduso
    Originally posted by wu_shizzle
    Nice 1st post.

So you got tired of the comments thread over at the Eagle and thought you'd come play with the smart kids?

You nerds just need someone to pick on. I'll be that guy. I just thought that maybe you idiots could use a reality check. The Shox are not very good right now. They don't have a lot of talent. If you can't see that, you need to watch other games. Wake up!!
    Your team will only be good for 1 year, once Beasley & co is gone you will be back in the cellar....enjoy.
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Awesome, you've got my vote for the most appropriate and beautiful put down of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
        I don't expect the Shocks to be great (or even very good) this year. I didn't go to the MBB game but what I heard from people who did go makes me pessimistic. I hope I'm wrong!!!
        I would not read too much into the one performance against Arkansas Tech. I think if you listen to Coach Marshal's radio show tonight you will feel better about what was reported to you about the Arkansas Tech exhibition.

Still hard to say how we will fare this year. Yes, our inside game is a matter of concern. But I say let's play the games and see how things work out.

:goshocks:

Comment

I agree. That was just about perfect ASM.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

tolduso = Dennis ??? Interesting possibility...

Comment

Makes me sick to think this ***** is one of the 10,478 in the stands. You don't deserve it. 99% of the posters on ShockerNet are positive, but you know what they say about one rotten apple.

Comment

Originally posted by tolduso
                Originally posted by Shox21
                Originally posted by shelfshuffler
                Gal really looked good except for the turnovers. He can really create his own shot sometimes. He seemed to be shooting quicker more of a natural reaction to certain situations. very talented

I completely agree. However, I did notice on more than one occasion when Gal was bring the ball up court, he was looking ahead seeing what play he wanted to develop. That is all and good, BUT you also have to be aware that only four of the opposing players are in front of you, thus leaving one trailing behind you. He got his pocket picked. He usually has more court awareness than that so I'm chalking that up to first game syndrome.
                Mekel is a joke. His shooting form is terrible. Not just his release. He also jumps backwards when he shoots. But that is the least of his problems. He is an alleged "ballhandler" and he turned the ball over constantly. His passes are all lobs. None of his passes were sharp. All rainbows unless he is hot-dogging it behind his back or no-look in traffic. Just watch him against PSU. His passes are all lobs. He will get owned against big time opponents. And he dribbles the ball well above his waist. He got stripped naked at half court because of his laziness. His 16 points were definitely solid, but anything over 10 from this hack will be a rarity.

Love the Shox but this will be a long year. You can thank Turg for leaving Marshall with nothing in the cupboard. What a classless act he was. At least we can finally root against him this year.

.500 will be a great coaching job after the lack of talent I saw Saturday. Clemente is weak. He does not have very good hands but is extremely long. Mantas is OK, just no tall enough. Once again, no postman will kill us. Thanks, Turg. Hope you rot in the Big XII.
                Go away.

Comment

First, I would like to say thank you to everyone that gave his or her impressions of the team. Like several others, I do not live in Wichita anymore.

My thought based on everyone's comments: (1) MB and Mekel seemed to both play well. I like that MB is shooting the ball more – at his height he needs to be an outside threat. It seems Mekel has improved as well. Although he seems a little headstrong about his "style of play" in interviews by all accounts he does work hard in practice and is ready to take advantage of the new freedoms in CGM's system; (2) GM grabbing 11 boards is encouraging, even in an exhibition game. He offense will come around and its nice to see he will still do the "little" things when he is having an off night shooting; (3) Clemente may have more of a learning curve then some of us expected; (4) PT had a good night to which I say – nice start and keep it up.

A quick question: What, specifically, about Ellis was impressive? Also, did Ellis play primarily at the 3 or did he see some time at the 4?

Comment

tolduso, you may want to take a look at the posting guidelines, particularly the part that forbids:

Constant or unconstructive criticism of WSU, the coaches, or players.
                    You're welcome to offer your negative opinions, but it should not become constant or presented in such as way that it just bashing. (such as saying "player X sucks")

Comment

player X doesn't suck!! player Y sucks!! ;-) :whistle: :D :lol:
                      Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Royal, can we say that poster X sucks? :innocent:
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Shockra
                            tolduso = Dennis ??? Interesting possibility...
                            Can't be....tolduso is coherent, but WRONG. Dennis could never in his best moments be called coherent.
                            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                            ---------------------------------------
                            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by Maggie
                              A quick question: What, specifically, about Ellis was impressive? Also, did Ellis play primarily at the 3 or did he see some time at the 4?
                              His physical attributes - height, fluidity, foot speed, coordination.

I don't know that he can play, but Coach Marshall has said on numerous occasions that Aaron will be a very fine player for the Shockers. Coach's comments are good enough for me.

Coach has said he will play 4 for now, but will develope into a 3. A very good 3.

Comment

I could have sworn coach said he's a 3 that may have to play some 4 because of depth. But he did say that he will become a very good 3.
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X