Gal is a stud...

Ramon is a stud...

----------------------------------

Phillip is good...

Matt is good...

J.T. is good...

Arbry is good...

------------------------------------

Wendell is competent and Ehimen is predicted to be the second coming...

I feel very good about this year!

P.S.

Did anyone see the end of the intro last night and the evil look Gregg flashed the camera.. that was priceless!

P.S.S.

Thanks students for bringing back the, "so what", "who cares", "you suck" chant.

It's a great day to be a Shocker!

T

...8)
    I too liked the look Marshall gave at the end of the video. That was a well put together video. Job well done!
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

So the soundsystem was fixed too?

Comment

Is someone seriously dogging Phil's play yesterday? What the eff do you want? He wasn't a complete stud by any means, but he was pretty good.

The 3 point shot nearly went in. I could understand the complaint if he had no business shooting it and it clanged badly, but he has a nice stroke, he was wide open, and it barely rimmed out. It's obvious he's capable of the 3, he just happened to miss this one.
        The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Just a thought on the comparison of the exhibition crowd with the volley ball crowd. I was at both games. The basketball game really didn't mean much, except seeing all the new players and how they look mixed in with the returning players. It was just not real exciting, lots of turnovers and sloppy play by new and experienced players. and the game was not in doubt. now I was yelling my head off every time there was a good play but i was in the minority. Because Stutz was in attendence I probably made more noise and encouraged others to do it also. Those of us who made noise were in the minoirity.
          Now the volleyball crowd was a different thing all together. The game was between two ranked teams, the best in the valley each only one MVC loss, and the winner would be in the drivers seat for a NCAA bid and the valley championship. A lot on the line. The VB team dug a hole down 2 gms to 1. and made a come guttsey comeback. The volleyball crowd was loud because of dramatic guttsey play by the WSU girls. The VB Team play earned the noise they received. This is not a shot at the mens team I have had mens BB tickets since 78, and there are about 7 or 8 games a year I will lose my voice yelling, but not at exhibition games, and i was louder than most.

Comment

some thoughts on some of the players.

Matt, as others have commented his shot looks good, I am really looking forward to seeing how is senior years goes. I was glad to see him keep shoting after missing his first couple of shots. last year if he missed two he would stop shoting the 3 sometimes.

Gal really looked good except for the turnovers. He can really create his own shot sometimes. He seemed to be shooting quicker more of a natural reaction to certain situations. very talented

PT I thought really looked good, He was guarding a smaller quicker player a lot of the time and really blocked out on rebounds.

MG is going to be awsome before the season is over. much quicker than he was at the shocker madness.

Ramon did not have a good night a couple of really silly reach in fouls and missed some inside shots even though contested i think he will make those as he gets used to d-1 in Koch arena.

Ellis really impressed me with his physical talents. he looked lost at times. Once he gets used to d-1, he (to use an overused phrase) has HUGH upside. When he elevates, and extends his arms, Who in the MVC can contest his shot. After we put some weight on him he will be as good as he wants to be.

PJ not much to say except he is just awsome!! He alone is worth the price of a season ticket for this year. He does it all.

We need JT, AB and WP to step up to get the type of matchups we will need for the year and to keep fresh bodies in the game. WP looked shakey, AB is injured hope he heals and keeps his growth as a player going. I hope to see JT bust his fanney this thursday, I hope Coach has found a way to get his motor running.

Comment

For us who couldnt be there , thxs for the lowdown! :posterwsu: :posterwu: :goshocks: :goshocks: 8) 8) 8)
              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfshuffler
                Ellis really impressed me with his physical talents. he looked lost at times. Once he gets used to d-1, he (to use an overused phrase) has HUGH upside.
                Is Hugh upside something that these guys have? J/K.

"Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

For what it was I was pleased-lots of new players, new coach/system and the first time playing against anyone else. It was a little rough but I'm encouraged, like others have said.

Regardless of how things turn out I think we need to stay positive, ragging on these guys after all the changes isn't going to help any. I'll admit when I see a bad turnover or missed shot at the game I groan, like a lot of us do, but we need to cheer instead and don't let these guys get their heads down.

The crowd wasn't too bad for an exhibition, we cheered at times but not quite regular season form. We too will get better.

I was very impressed with Matt, Gal and PJ. Matt has always been able to get to the rim, now he's finishing almost every time. Gal didn't miss when you left him open, and PJ teams will pretty much have to start covering to NBA 3 pt range. :)

The new guys probably did have some nerves. Mantas played well I thought with rebounding. Ramon missed 2-3 point blank shots or he would have had a more respectable offensive night, I think he'll be more of an offensive threat than we might think.

I LOVED the new intro video, very nicely done! :)

Comment

Gal really looked good except for the turnovers. He can really create his own shot sometimes. He seemed to be shooting quicker more of a natural reaction to certain situations. very talented

I completely agree. However, I did notice on more than one occasion when Gal was bring the ball up court, he was looking ahead seeing what play he wanted to develop. That is all and good, BUT you also have to be aware that only four of the opposing players are in front of you, thus leaving one trailing behind you. He got his pocket picked. He usually has more court awareness than that so I'm chalking that up to first game syndrome.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21

I completely agree. However, I did notice on more than one occasion when Gal was bring the ball up court, he was looking ahead seeing what play he wanted to develop. That is all and good, BUT you also have to be aware that only four of the opposing players are in front of you, thus leaving one trailing behind you. He got his pocket picked. He usually has more court awareness than that so I'm chalking that up to first game syndrome.
                      Mekel is a joke. His shooting form is terrible. Not just his release. He also jumps backwards when he shoots. But that is the least of his problems. He is an alleged "ballhandler" and he turned the ball over constantly. His passes are all lobs. None of his passes were sharp. All rainbows unless he is hot-dogging it behind his back or no-look in traffic. Just watch him against PSU. His passes are all lobs. He will get owned against big time opponents. And he dribbles the ball well above his waist. He got stripped naked at half court because of his laziness. His 16 points were definitely solid, but anything over 10 from this hack will be a rarity.

Love the Shox but this will be a long year. You can thank Turg for leaving Marshall with nothing in the cupboard. What a classless act he was. At least we can finally root against him this year.

.500 will be a great coaching job after the lack of talent I saw Saturday. Clemente is weak. He does not have very good hands but is extremely long. Mantas is OK, just no tall enough. Once again, no postman will kill us. Thanks, Turg. Hope you rot in the Big XII.

Comment

Originally posted by tolduso

Mekel is a joke. His shooting form is terrible. Not just his release. He also jumps backwards when he shoots. But that is the least of his problems. He is an alleged "ballhandler" and he turned the ball over constantly. His passes are all lobs. None of his passes were sharp. All rainbows unless he is hot-dogging it behind his back or no-look in traffic. Just watch him against PSU. His passes are all lobs. He will get owned against big time opponents. And he dribbles the ball well above his waist. He got stripped naked at half court because of his laziness. His 16 points were definitely solid, but anything over 10 from this hack will be a rarity.

Love the Shox but this will be a long year. You can thank Turg for leaving Marshall with nothing in the cupboard. What a classless act he was. At least we can finally root against him this year.

.500 will be a great coaching job after the lack of talent I saw Saturday. Clemente is weak. He does not have very good hands but is extremely long. Mantas is OK, just no tall enough. Once again, no postman will kill us. Thanks, Turg. Hope you rot in the Big XII.
                        Interesting first post. They always say that you only have one chance to make a first impression . . .
                        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by tolduso

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Nice 1st post.

So you got tired of the comments thread over at the Eagle and thought you'd come play with the smart kids?

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                            -John Wooden

Comment

I don't expect the Shocks to be great (or even very good) this year. I didn't go to the MBB game but what I heard from people who did go makes me pessimistic. I hope I'm wrong!!!
                              Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                              Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle
                                Nice 1st post.

So you got tired of the comments thread over at the Eagle and thought you'd come play with the smart kids?

You nerds just need someone to pick on. I'll be that guy. I just thought that maybe you idiots could use a reality check. The Shox are not very good right now. They don't have a lot of talent. If you can't see that, you need to watch other games. Wake up!!

Comment

Working...
                                X