No announcement yet.

Official: Ark Tech Post Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He played plenty of 2 the other night. Although there were a lot of different lineups and you can't really get a true feel for how the rotations will work.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

CGM might play alot of 3 guard lineups to keep MB PJ & GM all on the court at the same time

:wsu_posters:

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Dad
        I know everyone (including Coach Marshall) is talking about PJ playing the 2, but I don't remember him playing the 2 for even a second against Arkansas Tech. I know Durley was hurt and that limited our depth at the 4 and 5 which pushed Mantas and Aaron into playing the four spot, but I still don't see PJ playing more than about 10, maybe 15, minutes of 2 a game, at least not if both Matt and Gal play well . I see each getting about 30 minutes a game and Wendell getting about 10 minutes. That would only leave 10 minutes not accounted for at the 1 and 2. And that does not factor in Graham at all. On an average night I could see the following minutes:
        Matt - 28 minutes at the 1
        Gal - 28 minutes at the 1 or 2
        Wendell - 10 minutes at the 1 or 2
        PJ - 14 minutes at the 2; 20 minutes at the 3 (no foul trouble please)
        Hatch - infrequent minutes depending on the point spread
        (The minutes at the 1 and 2 have to add up to 80.)

The only way I see PJ getting 20 minutes or more at the 2 is if Wendell's minutes go down below 10, or if Matt or Gal get injured or start playing a lot worse than they showed Saturday night.

Am I missing something?
        I pretty much agree with your assessment. I am guessing that in order to get the best players on the court, PJ will probably be 50/50 between the 2 and 3. You just have to have Matt and Gal out there at the same time for a large part of the game because they are two of the best players on the team. I think that it will be good for both PJ and the team for him to get some time at the 2, but he has proven for 3 years that he is a very capable 3 and will have to spend a lot of his time there again this year.

Comment

My only concern with PJ, Matt and Gal playing too much together is the fact that we don't have much in the way of scoring coming off the bench. At least yet. I do think a couple of them will get in the flow of things at some point, but if for some reason that doesn't happen, we could have some ugly stretches. I hope to see a little more scoring from some of the new guys in the next few games. It'd make me feel a little better.

But I'll admit that our best lineup probably has those 3 in at the same time. But we need to develop a threat off the bench. With Ellis and Griskanes I think we may have that. I'd just like to see it.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I think it is too early to say that MB, Mekel and PJ on the floor at the same time will be the teams best lineup. They look good now because they have the most experience. Plus, that leaves the team pretty small.

They have only played one game. I would like to see CGM be able to take advantage of Griskanes and Ellis at the 3 – their size will present match up problems. MG will come around and so will Ellis (albeit at a slower pace).

I don't think CGM knows what his best line up is right now – which is why you probably will continue to see several different player combinations in the next game.

Comment

Originally posted by Maggie
              I think it is too early to say that MB, Mekel and PJ on the floor at the same time will be the teams best lineup. They look good now because they have the most experience. Plus, that leaves the team pretty small.

They have only played one game. I would like to see CGM be able to take advantage of Griskanes and Ellis at the 3 – their size will present match up problems. MG will come around and so will Ellis (albeit at a slower pace).

I don't think CGM knows what his best line up is right now – which is why you probably will continue to see several different player combinations in the next game.
              I agree, I think MG may be starting sooner rather than later. The way the guy was on the boards, if he hits a couple of his shots (which has been said he will) he will be a VERY solid contributor. I also think by the end of the year Ellis will be a solid backup for him.
              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Working...
              X