IBA OU Big 12 game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by martymoose View Post
    SASO donors could get 8 tickets on the first day, 6 on the second day and 4 on Wednesday and Thursday.
    Not really a fan of this method but obviously I am in this position because I really don't have a lot of money to throw around to have more of a say! Ill try my luck with intrust bank sale because we need more than 4 for sure.

Comment

I went yesterday towards the end of the day, going cheap, wanted four in the $18 section. Got 212 Row J. Not bad, I had 212 Row B last year.
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

No system will ever be fair to everyone. After the first debacle and the 2nd they have implemented a system that seems to be fair to a large segment of season ticket holders. like anything they will probably tweek it next year as well.

Comment

Got 8 tickets section 214 Row J. I'm Happy as it is hard to get 8 good seats but hate to split the family up.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
            No system will ever be fair to everyone. After the first debacle and the 2nd they have implemented a system that seems to be fair to a large segment of season ticket holders. like anything they will probably tweek it next year as well.
            Lots of season ticket holders like it because they can get twice as many seats as they need, then flip the extras on stubhub for 3x the value.

Comment

Originally posted by XManCometh View Post
              Lots of season ticket holders like it because they can get twice as many seats as they need, then flip the extras on stubhub for 3x the value.
              Some certainly do, but last year's changes helped a lot with this issue. The previous 2 seasons were sort of a disaster when the code was easy to guess (and was revealed here briefly each year before deletion by mods), and there was no cap once the fox was in the hen house. It did not help that one of the foxes, who is not a season ticket holder, is a well known professional ticket broker.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                Some certainly do, but last year's changes helped a lot with this issue. The previous 2 seasons were sort of a disaster when the code was easy to guess (and was revealed here briefly each year before deletion by mods), and there was no cap once the fox was in the hen house. It did not help that one of the foxes, who is not a season ticket holder, is a well known professional ticket broker.
                Agreed. The past 2 years have been MUCH better. I think they could still do away with the additional season ticket holder FFA-day (which is what today is). I'm not sure what value it adds. But IMO, they are getting much closer to the correct solution.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                  Agreed. The past 2 years have been MUCH better. I think they could still do away with the additional season ticket holder FFA-day (which is what today is). I'm not sure what value it adds. But IMO, they are getting much closer to the correct solution.
                  The current method is as best as they are going to be able to do. There were some tweaks to the system this year that weren't in place last year. Today's "ShockerNation" presale is also at the same time as the regular Intrust Bank Arena "Downtown" presale which they do before all events. Last year I think the separated those final 2 presales.

Comment

Gosh I hope so...
                    I had season FOOTBALL tix... did you?

Comment

Yep I buy my allotment of 4 so I can give 2 away to my son so he can go or take his wife or one of their kids because that is the only way he gets to see them live. Bad pogo:(

Comment

The only improvement they need to make is that you can buy how many season tickets you have. I have to go back to box office a 2nd time and split up the family. You would think almost $4k per year donation would at least allow that.

Comment

Either more people bought earlier this year or more purchased on phone. I bought my tickets a section farther away this year than I did the past few years and I purchased them the same day and the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                            If that is true, it is totally unfair. Some on the first day may only have 4 tickets and be Charter Guardian SASO while some on the second day be Super Guardian with eight tickets. I can understand priority points being used to determine the order (which day), but an arbitrary cutoff between first and second day is troublesome.

My 877 priority points rank #259 on priority points and I got to purchase on Tuesday. Dis anyone with better rank in PP get to order on Monday?
                            <100 and I ordered Monday morning FWIW

Comment

And now the can of worms we have been waiting for.

Comment

The way they are doing it now is much more fair. Season ticket holders on Monday, Tuesday, etc. used to purchase as many as they want. Now with the limits, it allows more people to purchase tickets. Today, and this week, tickets are still left to purchase. Anyone can go to this game for a reasonable price who doesn't dilly dally. Just go and get'r done.

Comment

Working...
                                X