IBA OU Big 12 game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IBA OU Big 12 game

This is the week for tickets to the OU game. How many are picking up today? If Shocker fans don't show up in droves, OU fans will pick up the slack. Local OU fans could pick up several thousand tickets.

How many are picking up today and how many are planning to go?

When I first saw the title, I thought that OU was going to have one of their Big 12 games at Intrust Bank Arena.

Comment

I can't get mine til tomorrow.
      Last edited by im4wsu; October 2, 2017, 08:38 AM. Reason: Tickets spoken for
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
        This is the week for tickets to the OU game. How many are picking up today? If Shocker fans don't show up in droves, OU fans will pick up the slack. Local OU fans could pick up several thousand tickets.

I wouldn't be too concerned about Shocker fans showing up in droves. I would almost guarantee that the lower bowl and a sizable portion of the upper level will be sold out before the general public gets its shot on Saturday.
        78-65

Comment

I wouldn't worry too much about OU fans buying tickets in bunches. They only care about basketball when football is over. (and even then not very much)

Heck, at the game in OKC last year they only had a few thousand show up for a game a few miles down the road from Norman, I would be very shocked if more than a couple hundred showed up at IBA.
          Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Can't tell if serious meme needed

Comment

Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
              I wouldn't worry too much about OU fans buying tickets in bunches. They only care about basketball when football is over. (and even then not very much)

Heck, at the game in OKC last year they only had a few thousand show up for a game a few miles down the road from Norman, I would be very shocked if more than a couple hundred showed up at IBA.
              There are lots of Wichita OU fans who don't often go to an OU game who will welcome a local opportunity to see a game with no travel, I would think.

Comment

There are lots of Wichita OU fans who don't often go to an OU game
                I think you could've stopped your post right there.

Comment

So, I have a dilemma that maybe some here with more knowledge could help me out with. My boss (who is a big SASO donor and season ticket holder) can't find his letter. We moved our plant within the last few months, so not sure if it got sent to the wrong place or if he mixed it up and threw it away. Last year I bought several tickets for myself, him, and several other coworkers with his code. Is there a way for me to get his code, or are we just screwed this year?
                  "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                    So, I have a dilemma that maybe some here with more knowledge could help me out with. My boss (who is a big SASO donor and season ticket holder) can't find his letter. We moved our plant within the last few months, so not sure if it got sent to the wrong place or if he mixed it up and threw it away. Last year I bought several tickets for myself, him, and several other coworkers with his code. Is there a way for me to get his code, or are we just screwed this year?
                    Call the WSU ticket office. They should be able help you guys.
                    78-65

Comment

Make sure you have your boss on the line when you call them.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                        Call the ticket office.
                        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                        ---------------------------------------
                        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

If there are "several thousand" OU fans at the game I'll buy beer for the entire arena! Wait, never mind, that will encourage more than 20 to show up. I can't even envision a scenario where even close to one thousand show up...even in OU is in the top 10. Every OU fan I know in Wichita (and I know a few), don't follow the basketball team at all and couldn't care less that the basketball team is coming to town.

Comment

OU fan..."What is this 'basketball' you speak of?"

Comment

Someday, hopefully in the not too distant future, all the stars and planets will align and you'll actually be able to use all the technology that exists to buy a ticket that you want, in a manner that makes sense, for our downtown game.

SMFH

Comment

Working...
                              X