Like everyone else I am a big fan of LS. He finished strong last
      season and was instrumental in running our team, allowing CF
      to move to the SG, and overall team chemistry. Having said that
      I believe he needs an entire season to prove that he can sustain
      the level of play he showed the last 10-12 games. If he can sustain
      that level of play next season then he will certainly attract NBA
      attention, but I wouldn't project him as a first or second rounder
      just yet.
      Landry's just getting started. My biggest concern is that the team starts watching and waiting for Landry to make a play, ala Ron/Fred's senior year.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
        Landry's just getting started. My biggest concern is that the team starts watching and waiting for Landry to make a play, ala Ron/Fred's senior year.
        No way, man! (I Hope not). Being that we have seasoned guys, I think it will be a lot different. We are going to play a lot through our Pick's, Post-Entry, and 3 point shooting. I don't see timid in our bigs at all. Biggest concern for watching and waiting is McDuffie, Brown, Frankamp, and some of the newer faces on our team. But, seeing as how we like to reverse the ball a lot, we could see our guards not being aggressive and just playing hot potato. This is gonna be like FVV's sophomore year. Which means, you, know.....

Comment

I just had an "oh ****" moment. We could theoretically lose our 7 graduating seniors plus McDuff and Shamet to the NBA next year. We would be EFFED. Reaves, Keyser, Haynes-Jones and Mitgaard would be left holding the flag. We need bodies ASAP.

Comment

I just had an "oh ****" moment. We could theoretically lose our 7 graduating seniors plus McDuff and Shamet to the NBA next year. We would be EFFED. Reaves, Keyser, Haynes-Jones and Mitgaard would be left holding the flag. We need bodies ASAP.
            And if there's a time that Marshall would want a new job, that would be the year to do it.

;)

Comment

Not out of the question. Might as well win the whole damn thing before they go!
              Livin the dream

Comment

If the Shockers have their ONE SHINING MOMENT next year, 3G could leave and they could cancel the program and I would still die a happy man.
                78-65

Comment

Inside look at the evals:

MM: potential, but not nearly strong enough, those are MEN you will play against. If you dippsy do around the basket in the valley, the MEN will swat it into next week.
                  ZB: Handles, shotting and finishing around basket, needs to be MUCH better!
                  SM: There might have been a spot for you 10 years ago. Show me you can outwork everyone in the AAC, and maybe.

thoughts?

Comment

I don't think there is any need to worry about losing the whole team to graduation or the draft. The program is at a place where you can bet we will have good options available to us in recruiting. When you lose guys to the NBA, that's always a good thing right?

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                      If the Shockers have their ONE SHINING MOMENT next year, 3G could leave and they could cancel the program and I would still die a happy man.
                      May not be big enough

Comment

Originally posted by mattdalt View Post
                        Inside look at the evals:

MM: potential, but not nearly strong enough, those are MEN you will play against. If you dippsy do around the basket in the valley, the MEN will swat it into next week.
                        ZB: Handles, shotting and finishing around basket, needs to be MUCH better!
                        SM: There might have been a spot for you 10 years ago. Show me you can outwork everyone in the AAC, and maybe.

thoughts?
                        Nothing surprising. Markis has a long, long way to go and he may or may not make it to the NBA. I think Zach and Shaq can make some money overseas but I just don't see them ever playing in the NBA.

The positive thing is that I am sure these are a lot of the same things Shocker coaches have told them and this reinforcment could go a long way to motivate those guys to work on their weaknesses and improve as players.

Comment

Out of those 3...my crystal ball says ShaQ has the best chance to potentially make an NBA roster someday. Markus perhaps but at the 2 spot (maybe the 3 with added strength by the time he graduates). Just not strong enough and absolutely no lower body strength (hoops) as of today. Brown interst me as an NBA prospect. He's role at Wichita seems somewhat awkward and perhaps doesn't allow him complete "flow". I don't know if the faster pace of the NBA helps him or hinders his athletic ability.

I hope all 3 someday get their opportunity at some point as I think all 3 of 'em have a legitimate chance!!!!!
                          FINAL FOURS:
                          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                          Number of Times Ranked: 157
                          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                          #3 - Dec. 2017
                          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                          #2 ~ March 2014
                          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

they'll be getting their evaluations. they'll know what they need to work on to improve their game.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                              Out of those 3...my crystal ball says ShaQ has the best chance to potentially make an NBA roster someday. Markus perhaps but at the 2 spot (maybe the 3 with added strength by the time he graduates). Just not strong enough and absolutely no lower body strength (hoops) as of today. Brown interst me as an NBA prospect. He's role at Wichita seems somewhat awkward and perhaps doesn't allow him complete "flow". I don't know if the faster pace of the NBA helps him or hinders his athletic ability.

I hope all 3 someday get their opportunity at some point as I think all 3 of 'em have a legitimate chance!!!!!
                              Remember that McDuffie is still just 19 (younger than Keyser and only a couple months older than Reaves). He needs to develop more for the NBA, but he has potential.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

My biggest concern is that if any of our guys starts playing for
                                themselves, trying to build their OWN impressive stats to
                                impress scouts, and messes up the great team chemistry we
                                ended last season with.

Comment

Working...
                                X