No announcement yet.

The Rise & Fall of the Valley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I vaguely and I mean vaguely remember a game at the Roundhouse where we went on a run and buried the opponent and had a 20 pt lead with about 8? minutes left.
    The opposing coach told his 2 guards to start launching shots quickly as that was the only chance they had to cut into the lead.
    They proceeded to put on a very enjoyable shooting clinic and I think had the lead down to 5 in the last minute.
    This was before there was a 3pt line thank goodness.
    One of the guards was the one and only:

Never forget that display of long range bombing....
    For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
    - said no one ever...

Comment

• I remember a similar implosion under FHCRS versus Hampton only the Shocks lost the game. Ugh.
      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• And a similar game back in the 50's versus a highly ranked Bradley team (whom we seldom beat back then) at the Roundhouse. Our guys were on fire the first half which ended with us up by 20 points.

There was no shot clock back then and Coach Miller went to the Hank Iba stall technique for the entire second half. Not only did our 20 lead disappear, but so did our offensive game as well and we lost.

Comment

• "Illinois State grad transfer Deontae Hawkins tells me he has committed to Boston College. Immediately eligible. Huge for Jim Christian."

Wait.. what?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
            "Illinois State grad transfer Deontae Hawkins tells me he has committed to Boston College. Immediately eligible. Huge for Jim Christian."

Wait.. what?
            Seems that WSU fans aren't the only people who can't stand Muller.

Wait..he graduated? The dude never graduated from high school, and now he's got a degree from Jaiibird State?

I'm gonna guess he couldn't get an pro overseas offer he liked.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
              Seems that WSU fans aren't the only people who can't stand Muller.

Wait..he graduated? The dude never graduated from high school, and now he's got a degree from Jaiibird State?

I'm gonna guess he couldn't get an pro overseas offer he liked.
              C'mon. Show some respect. Hawkins simply chose to begin work on his graduate degree. At some point, you may address him by the title "Dr. Hawkins".

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                "Illinois State grad transfer Deontae Hawkins tells me he has committed to Boston College. Immediately eligible. Huge for Jim Christian."

Wait.. what?
                Boston College Basketball: the dumpster fire of Power basketball programs (along with their buddy Rutgers) .

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                  C'mon. Show some respect. Hawkins simply chose to begin work on his graduate degree. At some point, you may address him by the title "Dr. Hawkins".
                  Perfect ending to his career. The kid that could never finish anything he started.

Comment

• The guy obviously doesn't want to play in the NCAA tournament. If so, his best chance would have been to stay at ISU. Or maybe ISU doesn't have a graduate degree in Moran Studies.

Comment

• I understood McIntosh leaving. I thought it wasn't a great thing to do, but I got it. ISUr wasn't going to be an at-large caliber team next year, and they aren't going to play anyone all season. But if McIntosh and Hawkins were both able to return, that changes the calculus. That would have made them prohibitive favorites to win the MVC and NCAA bid, and potentially even be at-large worthy. Instead, they have indicated they are just the next in the long line of people that can't stand to be around Muller for any longer than they absolutely have to.

Comment

• I guess I hadn't realized Hawkins had another year of eligibility. I never even knew about him wanting to leave Illinois State because I thought he was just gone because he graduated. (Or did he even graduate...)

Either way, don't blame him for not wanting to be around Muller and Muller is probably happy to not be around him either.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                          The guy obviously doesn't want to play in the NCAA tournament. If so, his best chance would have been to stay at ISU. Or maybe ISU doesn't have a graduate degree in Moran Studies.
                          Get a brain morans!

:)
                          ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• I'm starting to think Paris Lee was more than just the glue on the basketball court. He graduated and the wheels came off. He was probably a pretty cool dude. Has Fayne transferred yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                              Get a brain morans!

:)
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Why didn't we just grab up Hawkins ourselves and make the irony complete.

Comment

Working...
                                X