The Rise & Fall of the Valley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
    Ok but Jans was an assistant for like a week.
    I have such a great comment I could make here, but it would belong in the Politics, Guns, and Beer Forum.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• What's the big deal? It is only natural for Assistants and even Head Coaches to move on and up.

Comment

• Trying too hard to beat up on the Redbirds.
        "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by m1chelle View Post
          Heier and Jans

It's good to hear from you on this board Michelle. Your 3rd post is a step forward, and I'm sure you have many more insights to give to this board in addition to this somewhat inconsequential, and meaningless thread (only because we try to be forward thinking instead of looking back). You are welcome to add your opinions to a good many other insightful subjects besides where the Valley is after WSU has left. We'll see you around.

Comment

• In case anyone wants a good chuckle, the Bradley twitter account just released some groundbreaking "stats" about how they lead the league in attendance and have for the past ten years.
            "Say it slowly and savor it..."
            Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushockerdude View Post
              In case anyone wants a good chuckle, the Bradley twitter account just released some groundbreaking "stats" about how they lead the league in attendance and have for the past ten years.
              Here's the tweet:

Bradley Basketball‏ @brad:leyumbb 19 hours ago

DYK that the Braves have the top average attendance of all MVC schools in last 10 years and have ranked in top 3 in each of last 24 seasons?
              As worded, they are correct. It would be clearer if they added "current" in front of MVC.

Comment

• I wonder if they still count wins against WSU and Creighton as MVC wins. Guess not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                  I wonder if they still count wins against WSU and Creighton as MVC wins. Guess not.
                  They certainly don't want to count all those losses.

Comment

• Honestly, good for Bradley for having such great attendance the past 10 years relative to other CURRENT Valley schools. They have been horrible most of those 10 years. But the way that worded that is just so... sad. Rewriting history a bit now that two schools above them have left. Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushockerdude View Post
                      In case anyone wants a good chuckle, the Bradley twitter account just released some groundbreaking "stats" about how they lead the league in attendance and have for the past ten years.
                      That says a lot about fan support for the other Valley teams, where fans can actually watch their team win a few games - well, except for Drake fans.

Comment

• Per College Sports Madness' Top 144, here's the top 3 teams in the Valley and their rankings

1. Loyola - 100
                        2. MSU - 120
                        3. UNI - 134

I think MSU will win it, but Moser can outcoach Lusk. Let that soak in just a minute.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                          Per College Sports Madness' Top 144, here's the top 3 teams in the Valley and their rankings

1. Loyola - 100
                          2. MSU - 120
                          3. UNI - 134

I think MSU will win it, but Moser can outcoach Lusk. Let that soak in just a minute.

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/...p-144-previews
                          Also of note is that at #119 is Memphis who is slotted as the #9 team in the American, which is one slot better than the #2 team in the MVC.
                          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                            Per College Sports Madness' Top 144, here's the top 3 teams in the Valley and their rankings

1. Loyola - 100
                            2. MSU - 120
                            3. UNI - 134

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/...p-144-previews
                            And a projected 15 seed in the tournament. Yikes. Win the league and the tournament and people expect you to get a 15 seed. Welcome to the new MVC.

Edit: Oh, and double yikes. Projected runner up SWOMO is not picked to be worthy of even the NIT.
                            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Some quotes from Barry about his schedule:

http://thesouthern.com/sports/college/salukimania/hinson-more-interested-in-preparation-than-basketball-metrics/article_6826f2ba-ee3e-585c-a358-b4663a297d98.html

"We won't get one at-large bid in the NCAA Tournament. You ask anybody. There will be zero at-large bids (for mid-majors)," Hinson said. "In order to go to the postseason, you're going to have to win the Valley tournament. The ways of getting an at-large bid are over. If Wichita State hadn't won the Valley tournament they would have been out. That's crazy."
                              So he's given up on trying ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                                Some quotes from Barry about his schedule:

http://thesouthern.com/sports/college/salukimania/hinson-more-interested-in-preparation-than-basketball-metrics/article_6826f2ba-ee3e-585c-a358-b4663a297d98.html

So he's given up on trying ...
                                100% Agree with Barry. Also, he did try to get better games. It says that in the article.

Comment

Working...
                                X