The Rise & Fall of the Valley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
    Edit: now that it wouldn't be convenient for WSU maybe a move to the Hutchinson Sports Arena is imminent.
    Given the likely attendance now, that would be a pretty good venue if it were located within 100 miles of the center of the conference footprint.

Comment

• Found this gem today http://www.pjstar.com/sports/2017062...-wichita-state
      Why walk somebody in baseball when you can hit them?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxcity View Post
        Read this yesterday. Whistling past the graveyard comes to mind.
        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
          Read this yesterday. Whistling past the graveyard comes to mind.
          When the MW doesnt even want to play you, it's bad.

Comment

Yeah the Valley will be more competitive this year....amongst themselves. Saying that they will be "more competitive" in that article without acknowledging the rest of the basketball universe is pretty dishonest....or not dealing with reality. I was amazingly more competitve in the JV than the Varsity for some reason in high school.

Comment

Cliffnotes: "The MVC schools will be competitive for the 15-seed auto-bid."

Comment

• Originally posted by UCONN_Husky View Post
                Cliffnotes: "The MVC schools will be competitive for the 15-seed auto-bid."
                Play-in game.

Comment

Play-in game.
                  Savage. LOL. You know what would be fun? WSU could very well be positioned for a #1 or #2 seed this year and find their opening round opponent to be the MVC Champion. You know the committee would make that happen.

Comment

Savage. LOL. You know what would be fun? WSU could very well be positioned for a #1 or #2 seed this year and find their opening round opponent to be the MVC Champion. You know the committee would make that happen.
                    We are having too much fun. Ha

Comment

Or something real close to it. Say, 2nd round or so. Same path/region.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                        Only problem is I would bet anything an MVC school doesn't make it to the second round next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                          If WSU is a Top 3 seed, a second-round opponent would be in the 6-11 seed range. I don't see a Valley team being seeded like that.

Besides, unless the Valley team a first-round opponent or MAYBE a second-round opponent, anything else is just coincidence. With all the stuff that the NCAA Selection Committee has to consider, the thought of putting a Valley team at a 14 seed and putting WSU as a 2 seed in the same region on the chance that they might meet up in the Sweet 16 isn't going to register.
                          78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                            If WSU is a Top 3 seed, a second-round opponent would be in the 6-11 seed range. I don't see a Valley team being seeded like that.

Besides, unless the Valley team a first-round opponent or MAYBE a second-round opponent, anything else is just coincidence. With all the stuff that the NCAA Selection Committee has to consider, the thought of putting a Valley team at a 14 seed and putting WSU as a 2 seed in the same region on the chance that they might meet up in the Sweet 16 isn't going to register.
                            But in that case, I could easily see WSU magically being knocked down to a 3 seed. The committee always says they don't create story-lines, yet they exist every year. And this would be a good one.

Comment

But in that case, I could easily see WSU magically being knocked down to a 3 seed. The committee always says they don't create story-lines, yet they exist every year. And this would be a good one.
                              Oh sure. First-round matchup would almost absolutely be purposely set up. Even a second-round could have some purpose to it (though I don't see how if WSU can achieve a seed that we all believe it can). Anything else though is coincdence IMO.
                              78-65

Comment

• It's crazy (and totally plausible) to think that WSU's seed this year could very well be dictated by how bad the MVC Champion is in order to assure that first round match-up. I wouldn't put it past the committee.

Comment

Working...
                                X