The Rise & Fall of the Valley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by blackandgold View Post
    I have to be honest. Playing kstate does not excite me. Maybe years ago, but not anymore.
    I don't feel like we "need" to play K-State, but I'd love to pummel the Cats into oblivion so that I can make fun of my K-Stater in-laws.
    78-65

Comment

• Defintely not real keen on handing out a favor. They're fine playing the bubbles twice a year. Why now K-State? Why? Nah.....
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• I guess the insecure Big 12 just doesn't like losing to teams in lousy conferences. It already happens enough in the Big Dance, which they can't control. Props to OU and OSU for scheduling us when we were just a teeny tiny school from the wimpy Valley. Even though I would enjoy a home game against the Mild Cats, Weber and his squeaky voice can suck it.

Comment

• To hell with K-State
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Why should we do K-State any favors? Two Kansas schools are in the top 25. K-State is not one of them.

Comment

• Why should we play K-State when FHSU, ESU, Washburn, and PSU are equally willing? Just put K-State in the bag with the rest of them, and pick one.

*Channelling my inner KU/K-State fan logic, circa since forever.

Comment

• Originally posted by calfan View Post
                Why should we do K-State any favors? Two Kansas schools are in the top 25. K-State is not one of them.
                Playing Baylor, Ok. State, and Oklahoma is far better than playing K-State IMO.
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by calfan View Post
                  Why should we do K-State any favors? Two Kansas schools are in the top 25. K-State is not one of them.
                  We should play them because KSU won't always be the team looking up at WSU. They were a tournament team last year. They are a good rogeam currently.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• Is rogeam what makes Webbers voice so squeeky?

Comment

• I agree that WSU and KSU should play on a regular basis, just as it would makes sense for WSU to continue playing Oklahoma or OSU on a regular basis. The Kittens are a fellow state school, after all.

But it's not a big deal to me, and certainly shouldn't be treated as some sort of gracious accommodation on their part. WSU is not the little brother in this pairing, hasn't been for a while, and is unlikely ever to become one as long as Marshall is on the scene. This is an opportunity game for the Purples at least as much as it is for WSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                        We should play them because KSU won't always be the team looking up at WSU. They were a tournament team last year. They are a good rogeam currently.
                        So, why were they not "wanting" this 5 years ago, 10 years ago? Oh, yeah, it benefits them now. F them.

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                        I agree that WSU and KSU should play on a regular basis, just as it would makes sense for WSU to continue playing Oklahoma or OSU on a regular basis. The Kittens are a fellow state school, after all.

But it's not a big deal to me, and certainly shouldn't be treated as some sort of gracious accommodation on their part. WSU is not the little brother in this pairing, hasn't been for a while, and is unlikely ever to become one as long as Marshall is on the scene. This is an opportunity game for the Purples at least as much as it is for WSU.
                        Like KSU has treated us like a fellow state school over the last 15 or so years. What is good for the goose is good for the gander in my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                          So, why were they not "wanting" this 5 years ago, 10 years ago? Oh, yeah, it benefits them now. F them.

Like KSU has treated us like a fellow state school over the last 15 or so years. What is good for the goose is good for the gander in my opinion.
                          We played them H&H ~ 12-15 years ago, and we had been awful for over a decade. It would just be a good game.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

• As long as dates that are agreeable to both parties can be found, we could do worse than K-State. I would not bend over to make it happen, but it wouldn't be a bad game to play.

Comment

• I understand where you're coming from, ST, and I sympathize. But if it's compelling, which it isn't; or even if it simply makes sense on its own merit, which I think it does, then I think it's fine. Besides, it doesn't hurt to be the adult in one of these situations.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                                We played them H&H ~ 12-15 years ago, and we had been awful for over a decade. It would just be a good game.
                                OK. They haven't played us for the last 13 years.

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                                I understand where you're coming from, ST, and I sympathize. But if it's compelling, which it isn't; or even if it simply makes sense on its own merit, which I think it does, then I think it's fine. Besides, it doesn't hurt to be the adult in one of these situations.
                                I think I remember how Woolridge put it on stopping the series. Something like it was no longer a benefit for them to play us. Just so happen, the Shocks were just getting good at that time and he knew it after they squeaked out a 4 point win the last year they played us.

Comment

Working...
                                X