2017-18 Media Love Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WholeWheat View Post
    Apparently we've been annexed by Oklahoma or something...

Here's what a local Wichita Dillons had on display:

Just as a side note, they have "Eric" Stevenson listed as the #86 prospect in next years recruiting class....

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
      "Gregg Marshall, Wichita State ready for a new challenge" - ESPN

Dick Vitale, College Basketball analyst
      Posted: 09/09/17

Gregg Marshall and Wichita State are changing conferences. But the Shockers and their successful head coach have nothing to worry about. They are ready for this.

"Gregg Marshall is a coach who loves a challenge.

Wichita State's all-time winningest coach has won almost 75 percent of his games at the school. His track record in recent years has been outstanding, with eight straight seasons with at least 25 wins, plus six straight NCAA tournament berths.

Since 2011, his teams have won 83 percent of their games. He is one of five coaches to make the round of 32 or better in the NCAA tournament each of the last five years...."
      Speaking of Vitale. Him and Gregg Marshall will be speaking at the Wichita Chamber of Commerce on November 7th. That's pretty neat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
        Speaking of Vitale. Him and Gregg Marshall will be speaking at the Wichita Chamber of Commerce on November 7th. That's pretty neat.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
          While I love seeing positive press, could Dick V. spend ANY less effort writing this? Honestly, this could've been put together by one of my grandkids. He just rehashes stuff from a TV broadcast cheat sheet.
          When ESPN decided to remove a guy named Robert Lee from a football broadcast, iowahawk tweeted "God, I hope there was a Confederate General named Dick Vitale!"

Comment

• Should be a dandy event on Nov 7th

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
              Should be a dandy event on Nov 7th

http://www.kansas.com/news/business/
              If you get a chance to go hear Dick Vitale I highly suggest you go. He is an exceptional speaker and well worth your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by KraRam View Post
                If you get a chance to go hear Dick Vitale I highly suggest you go. He is an exceptional speaker and well worth your time.
                Very true.

Comment

I've bought my tickets. Should be fun!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
                    When ESPN decided to remove a guy named Robert Lee from a football broadcast, iowahawk tweeted "God, I hope there was a Confederate General named Dick Vitale!"
                    A definite nominee for post of the month, Mama.

I do agree with the others, however -- Vitale is an outstanding lunch / dinner type speaker. He definitely found his niche when he shifted from coaching to talking.

Comment

very passionate. he's digging deep.

now maybe he can dig a little deeper and give wichita state the credit they deserve. i'm still a little miffed at the way he got on fellow paison rick pitino in that final four game 2013.. kinda discounted wichita state.
                      Last edited by another shocker; September 15, 2017, 07:31 AM.

Comment

• Rookie cards
                        Attached Files
                        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• The Street & Smith Mag. is now on the shelf at Walgreens at 37th and Woodlawn and they have our Shocks ranked 7th. I have been buying this Mag. every year since I was knee high to a grasshoppa with no buyers remorse. Athlon Sports ranked us at 9th and Lindy's at 3rd. We will be very, very good and our foes read all of these predictions too and will have a target on our backs. In all my days here in the Milky Way, I do not remember the Shocks being ranked so high by so many experts. We are only a hop-skip-jump from the black and yellow curtains opening for another exciting Season to remember and this one looks to be a lunker!!!!!!!
                          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                            The Street & Smith Mag. is now on the shelf at Walgreens at 37th and Woodlawn and they have our Shocks ranked 7th. I have been buying this Mag. every year since I was knee high to a grasshoppa with no buyers remorse. Athlon Sports ranked us at 9th and Lindy's at 3rd. We will be very, very good and our foes read all of these predictions too and will have a target on our backs. In all my days here in the Milky Way, I do not remember the Shocks being ranked so high by so many experts. We are only a hop-skip-jump from the black and yellow curtains opening for another exciting Season to remember and this one looks to be a lunker!!!!!!!
                            Its my fav also and the one I buy.
                            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/MattNorlander/st...38785722142720

Wichita St has F4 hopes. Here’s the Shox sked. Maui, plus @ Baylor, @ Okla St, vs. Okla, good FGCU team. Open AAC play @ UConn. Good slate.

Comment

• Gregg will be on KFH with Bob Lutz at 4:05. Should be a good interview.

Comment

Working...
                                X