2017-18 Media Love Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some highlights from the interview:

Shamet is expected to return by early November or sooner.

Haynes-Jones is a great competitor and is expected to play the point.

CF and AR are two guards that can be the third PG option.

Midtgaard is the most physically imposing player HCGM has ever had. He's skilled for his size.

Going to have to consider whether or not a RS is the right thing for RB and AM. Both are very good, but playing behind grown men.

Willis, Kelly, maybe Keyser and maybe McDuffie have taken big steps forward this offseason.
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
      Some highlights from the interview:

Midtgaard is the most physically imposing player HCGM has ever had. He's skilled for his size.

Going to have to consider whether or not a RS is the right thing for RB and AM. Both are very good, but playing behind grown men.

Willis, Kelly, maybe Keyser and maybe McDuffie have taken big steps forward this offseason.
      No bad news there.

Comment

• I am thrilled to hear Willis embraced the necessary improvements this offseason.

Comment

Some highlights from the interview:

Possibly redshirt both RB and AM? You know we are stacked when 3G talks about a redshirt for the most physically imposing player he has ever had in a year we are chasing a NC. These are good times guys, good times.

Comment

• He didn't say much, but seemed super enthusiastic about AM. Also, seemed to be struggling with playing him or sitting him. Brown was coupled with the God Bear when discussing a redshirt.
            Livin the dream

Comment

• In what world has anyone ever seen someone more physically imposing than EO?

Comment

• "Midtgaard is the most physically imposing player HCGM has ever had."

Good Lord! We had Orupke

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                  In what world has anyone ever seen someone more physically imposing than EO?
                  That's what I thought too! AM is bigger and stronger than EO. More skilled, but less athletic. I'm thinking Asbjorn will be similar to the Gonzaga center from last year. Probably more mobile though.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• Here is The Drive segment with 3G today in case you missed it.

Tune in for Wichita sports talk, analysis and exclusive interviews. Stream, read and download KFH Radio 1240 / FM 97.5 from any device on Audacy.

Comment

That's what I thought too! AM is bigger and stronger than EO. More skilled, but less athletic. I'm thinking Asbjorn will be similar to the Gonzaga center from last year. Probably more mobile though.
                      He supposedly has very nimble lateral footwork from my inside sources. Stays low.

Comment

• "UConn men’s schedule set; Huskies open AAC play vs. Wichita St. on Dec. 30" - The Hartford Courant

By Dom Amore
                        Posted at 5:34 PM

"UConn will get its first two looks at Wichita State, the American Athletic Conference’s high-powered newcomer, in games in Hartford and Wichita.

And it won’t take long. The Shockers and Huskies will open the AAC schedule at the XL Center on Dec. 30, a Saturday noon game to be televised on CBS. UConn plays at Wichita on Feb. 10.

The Shockers, who were 31-5 last season, eliminated by Kentucky in the second round of the NCAA Tournament, joined the AAC this offseason in a move both can see benefits. Wichita State, which does not play football, can bolster the AAC’s basketball profile, boosting NCAA Tournament resumes, and the perennially strong Shockers, out of the Missouri Valley Conference, upgrade their own schedule with opponents like UConn, Cincinnati, Memphis and SMU.

Wichita State figures to be ranked in the top 10 in preseason polls, so the Huskies can hope for a big XL Center crowd when it arrives...."

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                          Wichita State figures to be ranked in the top 10 in preseason polls, so the Huskies can hope for a big XL Center crowd when it arrives...."
                          Gotta love a program with multiple recent Natty's prepping the SuperBowl for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                            He supposedly has very nimble lateral footwork from my inside sources. Stays low.
                            Hearing all these great things about AM doesn’t seem to add up with the redshirt talk. Goodness, he and RN are the only ones taller than 6’9”. Could have really used someone like him against UK last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingWheat View Post
                              Hearing all these great things about AM doesn’t seem to add up with the redshirt talk. Goodness, he and RN are the only ones taller than 6’9”. Could have really used someone like him against UK last year.

I listened to the interview and took note of possible redshirt, but it seemed only to apply to Brown. Selective hearing?

Comment

• I listened again..."we will have to be very smart with what we do with him." Marshall then says the exact same thing about RB followed by the possible RS statement.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X