2017-18 Media Love Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
    My lineup will be AR at point, CF, Brown, Kelly and Morris.
    Heading into this season I'm already starting to feel nostalgic about the guys we will be losing. This has been such a special run. I just love ZB. What a stud. Quiet stud!

Oh, and his sister can really play. I hope it's been super cool for both of them to play for the same school.

Comment

• "College basketball: 16 bold predictions for the 2017-18 season (Part I)" - NCAA

by Joe Boozell
      Last Updated - Oct 9, 2017 15:18 EDT

"...*Wichita State will lose only one AAC game:

We all know Wichita State is good. But how good? Playing in the Missouri Valley, it was tough to gauge their worth when comparing the Shockers to the big boys.

Wichita State is in the AAC now, which boasts the likes of Connecticut, Cincinnati and SMU. Here are the reasons for optimism. First, the Shockers return just about every key piece from a 31-win team. Second, though it was a limited sample size, this group proved it could hang with the best of the best last season.

Wichita State played Kentucky in the second round of the tournament. Kentucky won, but it was one of the most competitive games of March. UK had De’Aaron Fox, Malik Monk, Bam Adebayo and Isaiah Briscoe. The Wildcats beat Landry Shamet, Markis McDuffie, Shaq Morris and the Shockers by three. It could have gone either way. Before that, Wichita State hadn’t lost a game in more than two months.

For most teams, November and December are about jelling and finding the right rotation. Building chemistry takes time. There’s a lot of turnover with most rosters.

Wichita State has a year-plus head start on everyone. By the time AAC play rolls around, it should be firing on all cylinders. Expect a loss at Cincinnati or at SMU. But the Shockers are A) awesome, and B) extremely motivated. Defeats will be rare...."

Comment

• Rashard is the guy I always want to succeed. Going to TBS at Quantico we would go to Fredricksburg. Nice place and had at that time an ALL girls college Mary Washington oh yeah also a battlefield.

Comment

• My prediction for a starting 5 for the exhibition game: AR/CF/ZB/RK/DW. Depending on how ready CJ is to play and contribute early in the season (I am hopeful). I think we will see ZB slide over and play some 4 if 3G wants a smaller line-up. I don't think it will be a lot but maybe 5-8 min in Maui at the 4 spot. I think DW will split his time pretty evenly between the 4 and 5. It will vary quite a bit by game depending upon foul situation. I also think we could see some time w/ RN playing the 4 offensively and DW playing 5.

Comment

• ESPN is abandoning its 24-Hour College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon for 2017

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
              ESPN is abandoning its 24-Hour College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon for 2017

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-bas...g1kgzv2est6drs
              It was slightly ridiculous in that they’d never make a blueblood play at a weird hour like midnight...but that midnight game was one of the most fun games that I have ever seen. The crowd brought it strong that night.

It was almost like a badge of honor to be watching the game at such a weird time. It took a day or two to recover from sleep disruption...but all in all, that was a great memory.
              78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                It was slightly ridiculous in that they’d never make a blueblood play at a weird hour like midnight...but that midnight game was one of the most fun games that I have ever seen. The crowd brought it strong that night.

It was almost like a badge of honor to be watching the game at such a weird time. It took a day or two to recover from sleep disruption...but all in all, that was a great memory.
                That was definitely an awesome night. It was a great crowd.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

As a non season ticket holder, I LOVED the fact that the regular fans considered it too late...my win!!! Loved it!

Comment

• I loved the camera shot of the two little old ladies as they took their first sip of the Monster energy drink. Classic

Comment

• My Calc 1 class managed to get a test put off by a couple of days using that game as an excuse.
                      Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Yes, that midnight game I will always remember. I was a student, and I remember all the students got a $5 gift card to the concession stand courtesy of Gregg Marshall himself. The arena staff handed them to us as we scanned our tickets and said "A gift from coach Marshall". Add to the fact that we got a free energy drink and it was midnight, man that was a special night.

Comment

• "American Athletic Conference Preview: Welcome, Wichita State!" - NBC Sports

By Scott Phillips
                          Oct 10, 2017, 2:25 PM EDT

"The American gains a huge new program with the addition of Wichita State this season as head coach Gregg Marshall brings his highly-successful outfit into a bigger league.

Expected to compete for the league title right away, even after the leap in conference levels, the Shockers addition into the American gives the league a unique storyline that isn’t often seen in any level of sports.

Although Wichita State will be a big national focus, don’t sleep on teams like Cincinnati, UCF and SMU as those three teams are also making a push for the Big Dance.

FIVE THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW

1. The American welcomes (a very good) Wichita State..."

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                            I loved the camera shot of the two little old ladies as they took their first sip of the Monster energy drink. Classic

Comment

• Interesting look at the Power 6 (with lots of Wu love)

A couple years ago, I ventured an opinion to the effect that there were, at that time, six major conferences. Now, with a new season almost upon us and Wichita State following in the footsteps of u…

Comment

• Landry among top point guards.

Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Working...
                                X