2017-18 Media Love Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I missed it.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocksrbest View Post
      https://kckingdom.com/2017/10/08/wic...7-2018-season/

Great article. Nice prediction--one we all would like to see.
      i just can't reiterate enough how right on his final analysis seems to be. spot on. i know that his prediction will be unpopular here with some.. but that's to be expected, like clockwork.

that frontline is going to be kamikaze in march.

best road team in the country. damn, what a great write up.
      Last edited by another shocker; October 8, 2017, 08:02 PM.

Comment

• I don't think the author saw any of Kelly's games late in the season. He became an offensive threat in addition to his D. Kelly starts and will make his defender run - A LOT. Then about 8 minutes in, sub him out for Willis, who will go straight at the defender.

Opponents who don't have 2 competent PF's will have a problem, even without McDuffie on the court.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
          My guess for the opening night line-up is:

SHJ, CF, ZB, RK, SM
          I think that's a very likely combo, wufan, especially in exhibition play and against UMKC, with Shamet taking over for Samajae as soon as he can do so without endangering his return at full strength for when it really matters.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
            My guess for the opening night line-up is:

SHJ, CF, ZB, RK, SM
            My prediction is AR, CF, ZB, RK, SM start the opening game of the season

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
              My prediction is AR, CF, ZB, RK, SM start the opening game of the season
              I agree except for SHJ instead AR

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                I think it'll depend on whether Austin was able to bulk up and increase his durability beyond "spun glass" (not really, but that boy needed a sammich last year).

Comment

• I thought it sounded like Shaker might actually be ready to play by the first game??

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                    I should explain. AR has good skills. But I've heard how good Samajae is and he is a point guard with top notch defensive skills ready to take on extra quick points.

Comment

• Until proven otherwise, I will maintain my position that if Cle did not start his first game his junior year, no juco junior will. I think he came off the bench for the first three to five games. I'd expect to see SHJ get a lot of minutes, but don't think he'll start.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArtVandalay View Post
                        Until proven otherwise, I will maintain my position that if Cle did not start his first game his junior year, no juco junior will. I think he came off the bench for the first three to five games. I'd expect to see SHJ get a lot of minutes, but don't think he'll start.
                        You may be right and Marshall sticks to history. However, I think the plan is for SHJ to back up Landry so it's just when it begins.

Comment

• I'm gonna go with Reaves/Frankamp at guards (not sure which will be point), Brown, Willis and Morris. I could also see Kelly at the 4, I think he and Willis will take most of the 4 until McDuff returns. As for SHJ, I agree the Coach will ease him into it the first couple games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                            I'm gonna go with Reaves/Frankamp at guards (not sure which will be point), Brown, Willis and Morris. I could also see Kelly at the 4, I think he and Willis will take most of the 4 until McDuff returns. As for SHJ, I agree the Coach will ease him into it the first couple games.
                            My lineup will be AR at point, CF, Brown, Kelly and Morris.
                            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                            ---------------------------------------
                            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Kelly at PF. He plays D. Unless Willis has REALLY improved his D, I don't think he starts over Kelly. Kelly gets a lot of boards amd is "capable" on offense. Willis probably has an offensive edge, but Kelly has more experience and is probably the better all-around player.

Reaves or Frankamp at PG, depending on how things go in practices. Reaves has a year in the system. SHJ got to campus about 2 months ago and has had limited time with the coaching staff. I'm afraid he'd look a lot like Ty Taylor if he got thrown into Marshall's offense too early. It doesn't matter how quick SHJ is if he doesn't know where the other players are going to be and the timing and spacing needed to get the ball to them.

Both Frankamp and Reaves have played PG for the Shox. I thought Reaves was more effective there than Frankamp and that Frankamp was incredibly more effective at SG. It could be that Frankamp developed more confidence in his game and that resulted in his increased effectiveness after getting moved to SG. If that's the case, he might be more effective at PG than he was before gaining that confidence.

I think SHJ gets to watch a bit and get used to 10,000 people at the game before he sees court time. Then I expect he will have a fairly short leash and many "teachable" moments. Some of those "teaching" opportunities will probably require Marshall to use the voice he uses to be heard over the crowd from 2 inches in front of the player's face.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                                Kelly at PF. He plays D. Unless Willis has REALLY improved his D, I don't think he starts over Kelly. Kelly gets a lot of boards amd is "capable" on offense. Willis probably has an offensive edge, but Kelly has more experience and is probably the better all-around player.

Reaves or Frankamp at PG, depending on how things go in practices. Reaves has a year in the system. SHJ got to campus about 2 months ago and has had limited time with the coaching staff. I'm afraid he'd look a lot like Ty Taylor if he got thrown into Marshall's offense too early. It doesn't matter how quick SHJ is if he doesn't know where the other players are going to be and the timing and spacing needed to get the ball to them.

Both Frankamp and Reaves have played PG for the Shox. I thought Reaves was more effective there than Frankamp and that Frankamp was incredibly more effective at SG. It could be that Frankamp developed more confidence in his game and that resulted in his increased effectiveness after getting moved to SG. If that's the case, he might be more effective at PG than he was before gaining that confidence.

I think SHJ gets to watch a bit and get used to 10,000 people at the game before he sees court time. Then I expect he will have a fairly short leash and many "teachable" moments. Some of those "teaching" opportunities will probably require Marshall to use the voice he uses to be heard over the crowd from 2 inches in front of the player's face.
                                Or perhaps "the glare" will be sufficient.
                                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                                ---------------------------------------
                                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                                X