2017-18 Media Love Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post

That's the one. I like the enthusiasm, he needs to drop the hyperbole.
    I'm pretty sure he called our last reg season game vs MSU in the undefeated season right? I find myself watching replays of that game so is that him?

Comment

• Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post

I'm pretty sure he called our last reg season game vs MSU in the undefeated season right? I find myself watching replays of that game so is that him?
      Yeah he called it with Rich Hollenberg.

Comment

• So much Wichita/American love this year.

Perfect marriage.

Comment

• Originally posted by UCONN_Husky View Post
          So much Wichita/American love this year.

Perfect marriage.
          Nah we are divorcing in 5 years to join the Mountain West /s

Comment

• Pigman
            Pigman commented
            Editing a comment
            I think it will be more to join the new Central Midwest league after the NCAA grows some gonads, slaps down the cheaters and re builds the entire system with travel expenses/convenience in mind. No league games more than a four hour drive away. Wouldn't that be great! Surely there is some way they can wrestle power away from Football

• Wow, first the Valley lost its last marquee program, and now it's lost the only talking head that gave a rip about it.

I like Mark. While I do agree with everyone else that he's prone to hyperbole at times, he's also a tremendous advocate for the Shox and one of the more knowledgeable sports commentators. Glad to have him in the American with us.
          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• I think Mark Adam's pros outweigh his cons. I certainly agree he has too much hyperbole to his commentary. But dammit he is hard not to like. He and Rich Hollenburg both dressed up when Marshallville was having a "classy" student section theme. He also always goes over to the student section and chats with them, takes pictures before games. He loves college basketball so much, it rubs off on others. I'm actually kinda glad he's coming to the American with us.

Comment

• Comment

• Mark riding the Shocker coattails maybe?

I assume Mark's motto is "If you act entusiasitc, the you'll be enthusiastic!" and he is that.

Comment

• "AAC Basketball: Predictions for the 2017-18 season" - FanSided Sports

by Tristan Freeman
                  posted: 11/03/17, 11:00am cst

The page you're looking for may have been changed, moved or mysteriously gone missing

"AAC Basketball was dominated by a couple of teams last season. With the arrival of Wichita State, how will the rankings shake out this year?[/h] Last season, the AAC was split into three groups. Cincinnati and SMU were head and shoulders above everyone else in the league. The absolute bottom was held by Tulane and South Florida. Everyone else landed in the middle and were trading punches with each other throughout conference play.

Overall, it was a down year for the perception of the league which affected the seeding of its only two tournament teams. That’s what makes the addition of Wichita State such a big move. The Shockers come in after dominating the Missouri Valley the last several years and are a top-10 team this year...

12. East Carolina Pirates
                  11. South Florida Bulls
                  10. Tulane Green Wave
                  9. Tulsa Hurricanes
                  8. Memphis Tigers
                  7. Houston Cougars
                  6. UConn Huskies
                  5. Temple Owls
                  4. SMU Mustangs
                  3. Central Florida Knights
                  2. Cincinnati Bearcats

1. Wichita State Shockers
                  t’s going to be interesting to see how the Shockers perform in their first season in an upgraded conference situation. Gregg Marshall and Wichita State will have to deal with more travel and tougher competition, but this might’ve been the best possible season to make the move.

The disadvantage for the Shockers compared to the rest of the league is the acclimation process of getting used to the day-to-day activities of being in the AAC. Schedules and routines will have to be adjusted and that takes some time, which could affect the on-court production. But the advantage the Shockers have over the others and the reason why they’re the favorites to win the league is the fact that they literally lose no one of any importance from last season. Shaq Morris and Markis McDuffie will form a frontcourt that can compete with the Bearcats. Landry Shamet is a POY candidate at guard. The Shockers are dealing with injuries to some key players right now, but it should be fine by the time conference play starts.

It’s risky picking a team to come right in and win the league, especially with other quality teams vying for that spot, but the Shockers deserve it. Wichita State is a quality offensive and defensive team while also having the experience and coaching to deal with their new surroundings without losing many games. Even if Wichita State does not win the AAC in their first year, it’s still a great move for the league who’s still fighting for national respect."

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                    "AAC Basketball: Predictions for the 2017-18 season" - FanSided Sports

by Tristan Freeman
                    posted: 11/03/17, 11:00am cst

The page you're looking for may have been changed, moved or mysteriously gone missing

"AAC Basketball was dominated by a couple of teams last season. With the arrival of Wichita State, how will the rankings shake out this year?[/h] Last season, the AAC was split into three groups. Cincinnati and SMU were head and shoulders above everyone else in the league. The absolute bottom was held by Tulane and South Florida. Everyone else landed in the middle and were trading punches with each other throughout conference play.

Overall, it was a down year for the perception of the league which affected the seeding of its only two tournament teams. That’s what makes the addition of Wichita State such a big move. The Shockers come in after dominating the Missouri Valley the last several years and are a top-10 team this year...

12. East Carolina Pirates
                    11. South Florida Bulls
                    10. Tulane Green Wave
                    9. Tulsa Hurricanes
                    8. Memphis Tigers
                    7. Houston Cougars
                    6. UConn Huskies
                    5. Temple Owls
                    4. SMU Mustangs
                    3. Central Florida Knights
                    2. Cincinnati Bearcats

1. Wichita State Shockers
                    t’s going to be interesting to see how the Shockers perform in their first season in an upgraded conference situation. Gregg Marshall and Wichita State will have to deal with more travel and tougher competition, but this might’ve been the best possible season to make the move.

The disadvantage for the Shockers compared to the rest of the league is the acclimation process of getting used to the day-to-day activities of being in the AAC. Schedules and routines will have to be adjusted and that takes some time, which could affect the on-court production. But the advantage the Shockers have over the others and the reason why they’re the favorites to win the league is the fact that they literally lose no one of any importance from last season. Shaq Morris and Markis McDuffie will form a frontcourt that can compete with the Bearcats. Landry Shamet is a POY candidate at guard. The Shockers are dealing with injuries to some key players right now, but it should be fine by the time conference play starts.

It’s risky picking a team to come right in and win the league, especially with other quality teams vying for that spot, but the Shockers deserve it. Wichita State is a quality offensive and defensive team while also having the experience and coaching to deal with their new surroundings without losing many games. Even if Wichita State does not win the AAC in their first year, it’s still a great move for the league who’s still fighting for national respect."
                    Ok, I need someone more knowledgeable than me to help here. Did the team NOT fly to each game last year? What is the LONGEST plane flight (assuming chartered) anticipated in the Reg Season? While this is, in many ways, a BIG UPWARD move in conference, I don't really see the big change in this kind of scheduling, which I think is what they are implying will be a challenge. It's not like Bull Durham where you have a big transition from minor league to the big show. What am I missing? Seems to me that at age 20, a flight of 3 hours isn't much different than a flight of one hour. Now for me, at my age...I get up twice to use the bathroom, and I feel stiff after sitting that long. But my kids at 20 had no problems sitting for hours and getting up. Is there something else?

Comment

• Windiwu
                      Windiwu commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I don't think some of the writers realize the Shockers charter everywhere mostly

• ESPN College Basketball Power Index

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bpi

The College Basketball Power Index (BPI) is a measure of team strength that is meant to be the best predictor of performance going forward. BPI represents how many points above or below average a team is. Strength of Record (SOR) is a measure of team accomplishment based on how difficult a team's W-L record is to achieve. Game predictions account for opponent strength, pace of play, site, travel distance, day's rest and altitude, and are used to simulate the season 10,000 times to produce season projections. Numbers update daily.

BPI - ESPN.JPG

:wsu_posters::poster_shocks::wsu_posters::poster_w su:

Comment

• I love that screenshot.

Comment

• The AAC has 5 teams in the top 50.
                        The MVC has 0 teams in the top 50. Loyola-Chicago is at 78.

Comment

• Preview of the game from Taylor and Zach Bush.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                            X