2017-18 Media Love Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
    Uhhhhh. Has this dude ever seen the Shox? I like the prediction. But dang.
    He read some articles on Shamet, McDuffie and Conner, but after that, only looked at the roster and didn't want to hurt anybody's feelings by not mentioning them. It doesn't even look like he looked at the stats from last year. Is Shaq up to 280 again?
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
      Uhhhhh. Has this dude ever seen the Shox? I like the prediction. But dang.
      Lmao! “Fits 10,500 that feels like it would fit 8,000 comfortably”. That was enough credibility for me.

Comment

• Number Five – Team Depth

"There are a lot of unknowns about this Shocker team and this upcoming season, but if there is one definite, it’s the fact that the team has the kind of depth and talent to take them all the way."

Not sure I quite understand this guy. I mean, top 10 Kenpom from last year returning basically everyone with the addition of AM, RB and SHJ. If one thing IS known for sure, it's the quality of this year's team. Thus all of the preseason top ten rankings and being picked to win the American.

Comment

• Duff and Willis are not interchangeable players. One is a clear 3, the other a 4/5. Markis' absence will be filled by Keyser.

Positive press for the Shocks out of the KC market is not a bad thing though, no matter the quality of the writing.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
            Duff and Willis are not interchangeable players. One is a clear 3, the other a 4/5. Markis' absence will be filled by Keyser.

Positive press for the Shocks out of the KC market is not a bad thing though, no matter the quality of the writing.
            Except McDuffie started at the 4 and split time between there and the 3 all of last year. Certainly their style is a little different, but let’s not act like Willis isn’t going to compete for a starting spot at the 4 with Markis rehabbing, nor is McDuffie going to take Zach Brown’s place as the starting SF when he returns.
            Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
              Except McDuffie started at the 4 and split time between there and the 3 all of last year. Certainly their style is a little different, but let’s not act like Willis isn’t going to compete for a starting spot at the 4 with Markis rehabbing, nor is McDuffie going to take Zach Brown’s place as the starting SF when he returns.
              Rashard is the obvious answer to get some additional minutes and start. CJ will get some minutes at the 3 and Willis will get some additional minutes at the 4 besides his minutes at the 5 imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                Duff and Willis are not interchangeable players. One is a clear 3, the other a 4/5. Markis' absence will be filled by Keyser.

I think he is looking more at scoring burden then position.

Comment

• I would guess the starting line while the dynamic duo are out will be:

AR, C.F., ZB, DW, SM

Key reserves:

RK, RN, CJ, SHJ

Comment

• man, i give that guy a lot of credit. well done. he's definitely on the right track. to what he wrote i would add, it's only a matter of time before marshall gets -another*- national championship (*see 2011 nit championship). just that simple. the longer he stays at wichita state, the better for a wichita state ncaa national championship. but why not this year if the team can stay healthy past january?

if healthy, it might even be like a hot knife through butter (*see 2011 nit championship) for the shockers come march 2018.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post
                      I think he is looking more at scoring burden then position.
                      one may gain some offense but you cannot ignore the defensive burden that would also be a part of Willis taking over for MM. up to this point, Gregg has always trumped defense over offense. Maybe he changes his core values or perhaps Willis has all at once become an elite defender. I would doubt either of these two scenarios. I imagine we will see some line up experimentation. We will see.

Comment

Asbjorn is kind of the wild card here I think. If he can become part of the 3-headed monster at the 5-spot along with Shaq and Rauno that frees up Darral to get most of his time at the 4 and, when Markis does return, allows Markis to spend more times as a 3 or a wing.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post
                          I would guess the starting line while the dynamic duo are out will be:

AR, C.F., ZB, DW, SM

Key reserves:

RK, RN, CJ, SHJ
                          My guess for the opening night line-up is:

SHJ, CF, ZB, RK, SM
                          Livin the dream

Comment

My guess for the opening night line-up is:

SHJ, CF, ZB, RK, SM
                            that's actually a pretty good spot lineup. samajae's a winner. bring nurger off the bench with no discernable team drop-off.. reaves too. i like it.

i had to edit my post because at first i thought you meant that nurger should start.. which would be totally plausible. that guy has a high-rev motor and can finish with either hand. very active. passes the ball well from the post.
                            Last edited by another shocker; October 8, 2017, 03:11 PM.

Comment

• http://www.kansascity.com/sports/col...177630971.html WSU discussed at 26:15 time
                              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                                We know. It as posted yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                                X