2017-18 Media Love Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shox have the most returning talent in D1 ball

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
      Interesting look at the Power 6 (with lots of Wu love)

https://johngasaway.com/2017/10/09/t...nferences/amp/
      I still am in, call it shock, when I see Wichita State and National Championship Contender in the same sentence. The 90's are still stuck in my jead with how bad the teams were.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
        "American Athletic Conference Preview: Welcome, Wichita State!" - NBC Sports

By Scott Phillips
        Oct 10, 2017, 2:25 PM EDT

"The American gains a huge new program with the addition of Wichita State this season as head coach Gregg Marshall brings his highly-successful outfit into a bigger league.

Expected to compete for the league title right away, even after the leap in conference levels, the Shockers addition into the American gives the league a unique storyline that isn’t often seen in any level of sports.

Although Wichita State will be a big national focus, don’t sleep on teams like Cincinnati, UCF and SMU as those three teams are also making a push for the Big Dance.

FIVE THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW

1. The American welcomes (a very good) Wichita State..."
        that's the first writeup/publication i've seen that tabbed cincinnati as #1 in the aac. i figured there would be more. bearcats haven't won the aac yet, i don't believe, but they will be chomping at the bit this year. shockers-bearcats is a tossup to me.. 1 and 1(a)

Comment

• The Wichita State Shockers have been pegged in the top ten in multiple preseason polls for the 2017-18 season. The Shockers have built their way up through coaching and player loyalty. Now they are landing top recruits and have built themselves into a strong contender and front runner in the preseason poll. The Shockers have

Not sure if anyone already posted this one

Comment

• Originally posted by Shree View Post
            http://thegamehaus.com/2017/10/06/wi...riday-pending/
            I saw this linked in that article .. It's from May 1, 2016 ...

Roster and staff turnover is a basic part of the world of college basketball.  The ability to create a powerful program depends on a school stabilizing the effects of these changes.  There are a few teams that I see as unable to cope with what they have lost this year and will not make the

He kind of missed on that one ...

Comment

Nice article. They deserve every bit of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                I saw this linked in that article .. It's from May 1, 2016 ...

Roster and staff turnover is a basic part of the world of college basketball.  The ability to create a powerful program depends on a school stabilizing the effects of these changes.  There are a few teams that I see as unable to cope with what they have lost this year and will not make the

He kind of missed on that one ...
                Lol not to mention he got some dates completely wrong:

"The biggest thing that is happening to the squad this off season is that they are losing the last remaining pieces of Gregg Marshall’s 2011 Final Four team. Ron Baker and Fred VanVleet are lost to graduation." Man, Ron and Fred were here a LONG time....

"After losing two players like this, who could blame Gregg Marshall for missing his first NCAA tournament with the team since 2010?"

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                  "The biggest thing that is happening to the squad this off season is that they are losing the last remaining pieces of Gregg Marshall’s 2011 Final Four team. Ron Baker and Fred VanVleet are lost to graduation." Man, Ron and Fred were here a LONG time....
                  I was watching the first Kentucky game a while back and noticed Shaq Morris suited up on the bench. That seems like a long time ago also!

Comment

• This was my favorite preseason prognostication...

Attached Files
                    78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                      "American Athletic Conference Preview: Welcome, Wichita State!" - NBC Sports

By Scott Phillips
                      Oct 10, 2017, 2:25 PM EDT

"The American gains a huge new program with the addition of Wichita State this season as head coach Gregg Marshall brings his highly-successful outfit into a bigger league.

Expected to compete for the league title right away, even after the leap in conference levels, the Shockers addition into the American gives the league a unique storyline that isn’t often seen in any level of sports.

Although Wichita State will be a big national focus, don’t sleep on teams like Cincinnati, UCF and SMU as those three teams are also making a push for the Big Dance.

FIVE THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW

1. The American welcomes (a very good) Wichita State..."
                      Piece on UCONN was pretty on-point. Overall they did a good job, but there were 2 glaring errors IMO:

1. Villanova @ UCONN is most definitely a Top 5 OOC match-up to keep an eye on.

2. WSU is most definitely the #1 in Power Rankings.

Comment

• Originally posted by UCONN_Husky View Post
                        Piece on UCONN was pretty on-point. Overall they did a good job, but there were 2 glaring errors IMO:

1. Villanova @ UCONN is most definitely a Top 5 OOC match-up to keep an eye on.

2. WSU is most definitely the #1 in Power Rankings.
                        Yeah I was surprised that none of UCONN's OOC games made the list. You guys are playing some great teams in non-con.

Comment

Then there's this gem (linked at the bottom of that article) from pre-season last year. Guess who their #1 team to not make the NCAA tourney in 2017 was.

Edit: I see I'm now the 3rd poster to notice this gem.

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Sun, Mar. 4
                            Cincinnati at Wichita St Noon
                            Charles Koch Arena, Wichita, KS

Missouri Valley Championship 2pm
                            Scottrade Center, St. Louis, MO

Big Ten Championship 4pm
                            Madison Square Garden, NY, NY

I just pulled the above schedule off of the CBS sports' announcement of their television schedule for the basketball season. I laughed when I realized that all the people in the valley ready to watch the MVC championship will have to sit through watching WSU play Cincy from Koch arena. You can't make this stuff up. Pretty funny.

Comment

• It will be a real shame if our game goes long (overtime, even) and eats into part of the first half of the MVC title game.

Will really add to the sting when they cut away with 3 minutes to go in the second half in St. Louis to take viewers live to the pre-game for the Big Ten at MSG.

Comment

• Originally posted by wheathead View Post
                                Sun, Mar. 4
                                Cincinnati at Wichita St Noon
                                Charles Koch Arena, Wichita, KS

Missouri Valley Championship 2pm
                                Scottrade Center, St. Louis, MO

Big Ten Championship 4pm
                                Madison Square Garden, NY, NY

I just pulled the above schedule off of the CBS sports' announcement of their television schedule for the basketball season. I laughed when I realized that all the people in the valley ready to watch the MVC championship will have to sit through watching WSU play Cincy from Koch arena. You can't make this stuff up. Pretty funny.
                                That will really piss off those 11 people.
                                Last edited by bighouse; October 11, 2017, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X