2017-18 Media Love Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ixiah View Post
    Alabama staffer Kobie Baker recently resigned in response to the FBI investigation. Imagine that ... he worked in the NCAA enforcement office.

"Baker joined the Tide staff in 2015 after three years working at the NCAA, including in the NCAA enforcement office. Baker was an associate athletics director who oversaw 'all areas of men's basketball administration,' according to his Alabama bio."
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• If this investigation goes into the heart of the NCAA organization itself:

"It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Kobie Baker wasn't just some staffer. He was "assistant director of enforcement at the NCAA. It involved working on cases dealing with potential violations of NCAA amateurism rules."

http://www.al.com/alabamabasketball/index.ssf/2017/09/who_is_kobie_baker_resigned_al.html

Comment

• 100 Teams in 100 Days: Wichita State Shockers

With their top eight scorers from last year’s 31 win team all back, Wichita State is a top ten caliber team

Comment

• Originally posted by Ixiah View Post
            Kobie Baker wasn't just some staffer. He was "assistant director of enforcement at the NCAA. It involved working on cases dealing with potential violations of NCAA amateurism rules."

http://www.al.com/alabamabasketball/index.ssf/2017/09/who_is_kobie_baker_resigned_al.html
            Who better to have on your staff when you want to get around regulations, somebody that knows the enforcement side, how to get around or hide violations, and still have contacts to help "problems" go away. That's really interesting. Too bad nobody in the media will pursue or look into the NCAA itself.

Comment

• Day 1 of practice in the books.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                Wow on the dribbling drill that Shamet was doing.
                Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                  Wow on the dribbling drill that Shamet was doing.
                  If you want to really stretch to get a positive, Shamet has a month to work on nothing but his handles and some shooting.

Maybe McDuffie can get in some dribbling drills. Actually, last year I thought McDuffie's dribbling was fine. It was when he tried to stop dribbling and needed to do something else with the ball that things sometimes fell apart.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• God's Bear can move pretty well for a big man. Hope that translates to game day.

Good to see Landry out there practicing, or at least working on his dribble. Wonder when he'll be cleared to practice for real. What was it 3G said, mid-November?

Speaking of cleared to practice, didn't get a good look at Mr. Reaves in that video. Has anybody got an update on him?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
                      God's Bear can move pretty well for a big man. Hope that translates to game day.

Good to see Landry out there practicing, or at least working on his dribble. Wonder when he'll be cleared to practice for real. What was it 3G said, mid-November?

Speaking of cleared to practice, didn't get a good look at Mr. Reaves in that video. Has anybody got an update on him?
                      Austin was playing. At about the 45 second mark he made a nice inbound pass to someone at the top of the key (possibley Samajae) who hit a 3 pointer.

Best play of that short clip iMO was the follow jam at the 40 second mark (by Darral I think).

Comment

I like that CJ was in there a lot. I expect a big jump (figuratively and literally) from him this year. Did a nice job crossing over ZB.

Comment

We're still waiting for the summer scrimmage reports. 🤣

Comment

• Wichita State was already one of the best college basketball teams in the country last season, and the Shockers are a legitimate threat to win it all in 2017-18 because of how little they lost from that roster...

Shockers getting recognized!!!. Can't wait for the season to start.

Comment

• Mick Cronin believes the AAC is at least a four-bid league. https://www.fanragsports.com/mick-cr...aa-tournament/

Comment

• Have I told you all lately how much I love the American

Comment

Working...
                                X