2017-18 Media Love Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Aha. I thought maybe he had written an article since his tweet relating that he would be in Wichita to watch the Shockers practice. Still hoping there is one.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
      Aha. I thought maybe he had written an article since his tweet relating that he would be in Wichita to watch the Shockers practice. Still hoping there is one.
      No article, but here was a tweet in regards to it:

"Rough early practice. It happens. But a top-10 team that has the pieces to compete even if Landry not ready to go right away."
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        We need to calculate @Mini-Hawk:'s egover-to-paragraph ratio! See here for the calculation: http://shockernet.net/forum/showthre...l=1#post164471
        I came up with a score of 480.

Comment

• "2017-2018 Big East Nonconference Schedule Analysis: Marquette Golden Eagles" - SB*Nation

Let’s dive into what the Golden Eagles are up against this year.

by Sam Newberry
          Sep 22, 2017, 3:00pm EDT

"...Marquette gets to participate in the Maui Invitational. They face off with Virginia Commonwealth Rams in Round 1, a perennially good basketball program that consistently produces one of the best mid-major teams every year. Or, in simpler terms, not a team to take lightly. MU, depending on the outcome of their game, will face one of Cal or Wichita State. Depending on the status of one Landry Shamet for Wichita State, Marquette may face a Shockers team that should be one of the best teams in the country and go deep in March..."

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
            "2017-2018 Big East Nonconference Schedule Analysis: Marquette Golden Eagles" - SB*Nation

Let’s dive into what the Golden Eagles are up against this year.

by Sam Newberry
            Sep 22, 2017, 3:00pm EDT

"...Marquette gets to participate in the Maui Invitational. They face off with Virginia Commonwealth Rams in Round 1, a perennially good basketball program that consistently produces one of the best mid-major teams every year. Or, in simpler terms, not a team to take lightly. MU, depending on the outcome of their game, will face one of Cal or Wichita State. Depending on the status of one Landry Shamet for Wichita State, Marquette may face a Shockers team that should be one of the best teams in the country and go deep in March..."
            I think we are a bit more than just LS.
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Conner Frankamp 6'1 GuardClass of 2013Wichita North High SchoolUniversity of Kansas - Commit

Highlights of North High win over Heights when Conner Frankamp was a Senior. Hope to see lots of those makes and moves by Conner his Senior Season for the Shocks.
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• i wouldn't consider virginia commonwealth basketball to be mid-major at all.

Comment

• The page you're looking for may have been changed, moved or mysteriously gone missing

Comment

• "2017-18 Season Preview: Programs on the Rise, Decline" - NBC Sports

By Travis Hines
                    Sep 27, 2017, 4:29 PM EDT

Beginning in September and running up until November 10th, the first day of the season, College Basketball Talk will be unveiling the 2017-2018 NBCSports.com college hoops preview package.

"College basketball is a zero sum game. For every winner, there’s a loser. For every ascendent program, there’s a descending one. Here, you’ll find five programs on their way up, and five headed the other way.

PROGRAMS ON THE RISE
                    Wichita State: At first glance, it wouldn’t appear that there’s a lot of room to move up for the Shockers given all they’ve accomplished over the last five years (five NCAA tournaments, an undefeated regular season and a Final Four being the highlights), but Wichita State remains on the come-up. The move from the Missouri Valley Conference, which after the defection of Creighton became destined for one-bid league status, to the American isn’t a radical move, but it’s an important one. It keeps the Shockers insulated against a bad conference tournament showing by upping their chances for quality RPI wins and will keep them in the national conversation throughout the winter months – rather than just as Selection Sunday approaches. Plus, every spring that passes with Marshall still in south central Kansas is further evidence that he’s not leaving unless the best of jobs comes along. Oh, and he’s got a top-10 team this year. The Shockers are solidifying themselves among the nation’s elite.

2. Alabama
                    3. Texas
                    4. Northwestern
                    5. Ohio State

PROGRAMS ON THE DECLINE
                    1. Louisville (my editorial comment: DUH!)
                    2. Syracuse
                    3. Oklahoma State (my editorial comment: Crap! On our non-conference schedule)
                    4. Connecticut (my editorial comment: Crap! On our conference schedule twice)
                    5. California (my editorial comment: Crap! On our non-conference schedule)..."

Comment

• it's still hard to believe that wichita state probably wouldn't have made the ncaa tournament had they not won the mvc tournament (would have been their first loss in nearly two months or something). and of course made them a #10 seed when they hadn't lost in nearly two months.

i seriously hope the fbi fries a lot more bacon while the ncaa looks on.

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                        it's still hard to believe that wichita state probably wouldn't have made the ncaa tournament had they not won the mvc tournament (would have been their first loss in nearly two months or something). and of course made them a #10 seed when they hadn't lost in nearly two months.

i seriously hope the fbi fries a lot more bacon while the ncaa looks on.
                        No kidding. It makes you wonder if in all this mess, will the Feds set their sights on the NCAA brass as well? It's really hard to believe that these schools and coaches could have taken part in this nonsense without anybody in the NCAA knowing. I'm guessing kickbacks of some sort are the reason for NCAA's selective enforcement of rules. I'm sure it all spills into tournament politics as well. We're just seeing the tip of the iceberg.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walker View Post
                          No kidding. It makes you wonder if in all this mess, will the Feds set their sights on the NCAA brass as well? It's really hard to believe that these schools and coaches could have taken part in this nonsense without anybody in the NCAA knowing. I'm guessing kickbacks of some sort are the reason for NCAA's selective enforcement of rules. I'm sure it all spills into tournament politics as well. We're just seeing the tip of the iceberg.
                          yeah, obviously the ncaa isn't "by the people, for the people".. it's more like, "by the bluebloods, for the bluebloods." running from long ago and deep.

there's more, but i try to avoid long, drawn out posts.. so.. just, please, somebody get roy williams by his dirty chicken neck and wring it good.

Comment

• Raptors PG FVV joins the 4 SZNS Podcast to talk training camp, rookie year, GOT, NBA 2K and more!

Comment

• If you haven't heard, The Fieldhouse opened for business today. New website for sports journalism. They have a pretty sweet lineup for college basketball coverage.

You can signup today only for $3.49 a month. https://twitter.com/_Brian_Hamilton/...25771931377664

Comment

• Originally posted by Walker View Post

Alabama staffer Kobie Baker recently resigned in response to the FBI investigation. Imagine that ... he worked in the NCAA enforcement office.

"Baker joined the Tide staff in 2015 after three years working at the NCAA, including in the NCAA enforcement office. Baker was an associate athletics director who oversaw 'all areas of men's basketball administration,' according to his Alabama bio."

Comment

Working...
                                X