• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    February 8, 2017

UNI 49
    SIU 41

The score after the first half was 22-17.

SIU was 18/60 from the field (30%). SIU's leading scorer had 9 points on 3/11. A forward led them in assists (and turnovers). SIU shot 33.3% from the FT line and 15.8% from 3.

The victorious Pantyhers shot a scorching 37.2% from the field, 11.1% from 3 (2/18), and scorched the nets from the FT line at a 62.5% clip.

EDIT: I'm leaving the Pantyhers typo in.

There were some good rebounding stats in the game.

Here's the box score if you want to check out truly uninspiring basketball.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...meId=400918150
    I remember watching this game. It was the battle for 3rd place if I remember correctly. I couldn't look away. One of the worst overall games I think I've ever seen.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
      Maybe my memory is as bad as yours, Aargh, but wasn't there at least one MVC game last year in which no one got to 50, and a team was declared the winner anyway?
      The MVC isn't very good but at least 15+ other conferences are worse than the MVC. At least, most of the time, the MVC teams play good enough defense to hold teams to50. It just goes to show how bad some of the Div. 1 conferences/teams are.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
        The MVC isn't very good but at least 15+ other conferences are worse than the MVC. At least, most of the time, the MVC teams play good enough defense to hold teams to50. It just goes to show how bad some of the Div. 1 conferences/teams are.
        Lots of dead wood in D1 to be pared, including whole conference limbs.

Comment

• Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Lunardi has lost it...ala Jerry Palm. I realize that technically WSU is still in the Valley, but even still the AAC would have 3 teams--WSU included--while the Valley would get one. The odd part is Lunardi had Loyola as the Valley representative. I just don't see it.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocksrbest View Post
            http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...l/bracketology

Lunardi has lost it...ala Jerry Palm. I realize that technically WSU is still in the Valley, but even still the AAC would have 3 teams--WSU included--while the Valley would get one. The odd part is Lunardi had Loyola as the Valley representative. I just don't see it.
            Loyola will be in the top 3 on the MVC this year. I think they'll win it.
            Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
              30+ point beat downs of MVC opponents gets old and boring after a while.
              FTFY

+34 BU 1/1
              +42 SIU 1/24
              +41 ISU 2/4

Comment

• The separation at the end of our tenure was mind-boggling.

Comment

• WSU is in a position to win its handful of awesome non-conference games, be ranked top 5 before AAC starts, win out the AAC in the first year, and be national champions. The excitement around this next years team is unreal.

Rankings and hooplah aside, this season could be magical.

Comment

• Originally posted by mini-shock View Post
                    WSU is in a position to win its handful of awesome non-conference games, be ranked top 5 before AAC starts, win out the AAC in the first year, and be national champions. The excitement around this next years team is unreal.

Cross out could and replace it with WILL.
                    SHOCKERS & AWE

"Go Ahead, Try To Jinx Us" ~ The Monsters Of The Midwest

"Wichita State fans bring the noise to another level. The roar
                    gets into your skull, giving you a mild case of vertigo."

Comment

WSU is in a position to win its handful of awesome non-conference games, be ranked top 5 before AAC starts, win out the AAC in the first year, and be national champions. The excitement around this next years team is unreal.

Yep. No different than the last 5.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShanShock View Post
                        Cross out could and replace it with WILL.
                        Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                        Yep. No different than the last 5.
                        Boo you both!

I would say that being in the AAC and seeing a little bit better non-conference scheduled games, this season is a bit more than the last 5.

Comment

Boo you both!

I would say that being in the AAC and seeing a little bit better non-conference scheduled games, this season is a bit more than the last 5.
                          Maybe we'll get to play the Chickens again. Or the Buckeyes.

#ChokingChickens

Comment

• ...or the bearcats, huskies, mustangs.

Comment

• Just unbelievable excitement all around!!! Awesome new conference! Top-5 Pre-Season ranking! Returning everyone! Good God...is this heaven???
                              FINAL FOURS:
                              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                              Number of Times Ranked: 157
                              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                              #3 - Dec. 2017
                              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                              #2 ~ March 2014
                              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                                Maybe we'll get to play the Chickens again. Or the Buckeyes.

#ChokingChickens
                                I recognize your purposeful attempts to insert KU into anything you quote me with. I understand and find it quite fun. Others may not. They just see you intentionally and desperately bringing KU into the conversation. They may not understand it's your elementary-school-level troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X