2017-18 National Poll Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
    I don't think a non-P5 school is going to be ranked #1 without being undefeated, unless all the P5 teams each have 4-5 losses. But of course, anything is possible.

And these are human polls, so that has to be taken into consideration, too. What I mean by that is humans are going to vote for teams that they like or are more familiar with, which might not necessarily be the better team.
    Villanova. But admittedly, like UCONN, they have a reputation that isn't really touched by other non-P5s. I think having 2 losses in February would get us a #1 ranking, especially if we're top 10 most of the season. I could definitely be wrong though.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
      Just run the numbers. The Valley minus WSU last year still would have been 12th. Remove the WSU games and still twelfth. Remove WSU games and replace them with two losses to the #100 team in the country and they are 13th. Expect them to finish between 10 and 14 for the next four years.
      Is running the numbers really possible? I think removing WSU causes a bigger domino effect than can be easily calculated with something like RPI Wizard.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
        Is running the numbers really possible? I think removing WSU causes a bigger domino effect than can be easily calculated with something like RPI Wizard.
        I think the closest you could get to it is by recalculating each team's RPI with the deletion of WSU from their schedules and substituting Valpo on their schedule.
        ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Does adding the Omaha center possibly boost us in some of these preseason rankings?

Comment

• Originally posted by wheathead View Post
            Does adding the Omaha center possibly boost us in some of these preseason rankings?
            I doubt it. Not much room to be boosted anyway.
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 30, 2017, 01:07 PM.

Comment

• Adding a guy that likely won't see the floor next year isn't gonna do much to our rankings. I hope this guy helps us down the road, but anyone that thinks he's gonna take minutes from Shaq, Rauno, Darral, Rashard, or Markis is crazy. You can cheer for him in the blowouts when he plays alongside Brett Barney.

Comment

• WSU is going to be good, but #1 overall in a preseason ranking is a little much, I'd say.

Comment

• Originally posted by mini-shock View Post
                  WSU is going to be good, but #1 overall in a preseason ranking is a little much, I'd say.
                  You would say.

If a team coached by a Top 10 coach accomplished as much as last year's team did and returned as much as they do AND wore jerseys with something like 'Duke' written on them, people would not think it too much.

Comment

• Originally posted by mini-shock View Post
                    WSU is going to be good, but #1 overall in a preseason ranking is a little much, I'd say.
                    I need to update my ignore list.
                    Professional gas passer.

Comment

• Originally posted by blackandgold View Post
                      I need to update my ignore list.
                      He may be wrong, but granted freedom of speech...and you DO have the power of 'ignore'.....:)

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                        He may be wrong, but granted freedom of speech...and you DO have the power of 'ignore'.....:)
                        Amen brother.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fairgame View Post
                          Amen brother.
                          And Sister too!!! 🌻
                          SHOCKERS & AWE

"Go Ahead, Try To Jinx Us" ~ The Monsters Of The Midwest

"Wichita State fans bring the noise to another level. The roar
                          gets into your skull, giving you a mild case of vertigo."

Comment

• i saw some poll or another that had the shockers ranked #2. they could be ranked #1 just as easily as the usual suspects we've seen so far- ua, ku, msu, duke etc. none of them really impress me that way. not even frosh led (again) uk.

'shockers have a tough non-con though.

Comment

• It's STILL a great day to be a shocker! Rankings talk never gets old.

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                                i saw some poll or another that had the shockers ranked #2. they could be ranked #1 just as easily as the usual suspects we've seen so far- ua, ku, msu, duke etc. none of them really impress me that way. not even frosh led (again) uk.

'shockers have a tough non-con though.
                                And if there's one thing we've seen over the last 4 years, the Shockers can run with the big dogs. I really enjoyed watching them demoralize 'Zona a few years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X