No announcement yet.

2017-18 National Poll Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wichita State is a national title contender. I don't get caught up in polls, because they don't matter much in college basketball. I think Cincinnati is just a half step behind Wichita, but that could change depending on how our incoming transfer pans out. It's going to be a great year for the AAC. SMU got a transfer the other day that may propel them into some top 25 polls as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertfoshizzle View Post
      Wichita State is a national title contender. I don't get caught up in polls, because they don't matter much in college basketball. I think Cincinnati is just a half step behind Wichita, but that could change depending on how our incoming transfer pans out. It's going to be a great year for the AAC. SMU got a transfer the other day that may propel them into some top 25 polls as well.
      What incoming transfer? Good news?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
        Akoy Agau is the grad transfer to SMU (interestingly he is from the same high school as Chandler, so both WSU and SMU added former Omaha Central big men this week).

"Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
          I'm assuming you're referring to UC's incoming transfer.

They have Cane Broome coming into replace Troy Caupain at point guard. Broome sat out last year as a transfer but the last season he played he scored 23 points a game at Sacred Heart, which made him the leading sophomore scorer in the entire country. The hype train has gotten a little out of control with him after he was the best player on the floor at last year's preseason scrimmage. Some were even comparing him to Nick Van Exel, a former Bearcat.

But Cronin has been effusive in his praise for Cane and he should bring a totally different look to the team that better complements the other wing players. He has great speed and creativity with the ball and I think that could be deadly for opposing teams considering how dangerous Cumberland and Evans are in the open floor.

Should be a fun year in Cincinnati.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatmax View Post

They have Cane Broome coming into replace Troy Caupain at point guard. Broome sat out last year as a transfer but the last season he played he scored 23 points a game at Sacred Heart, which made him the leading sophomore scorer in the entire country. The hype train has gotten a little out of control with him after he was the best player on the floor at last year's preseason scrimmage. Some were even comparing him to Nick Van Exel, a former Bearcat.

But Cronin has been effusive in his praise for Cane and he should bring a totally different look to the team that better complements the other wing players. He has great speed and creativity with the ball and I think that could be deadly for opposing teams considering how dangerous Cumberland and Evans are in the open floor.

Way BAAAACK in the day, the first team I followed was Cincinnati....LOVED them beating tOSU twice in a row....I was 10, I think...have moved on but loved me some Tom Thacker....

Comment

• Always greatly admired 'The Big O' (Oscar Robertson), even when he buried 50 points against us at the Roundhouse, and had two of our guys hanging and banging on him all night long.

When you are fortunate to view greatness, even from an opposing player beating our brains in, you've got to admire it, even though it hurts.

Comment

Cincinnati deserves a high level of respect and them winning the league isn't a far fetched idea at all. The AAC presents a new and formidable challenge for the Shocks

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                  Cincinnati deserves a high level of respect and them winning the league isn't a far fetched idea at all. The AAC presents a new and formidable challenge for the Shocks
                  This.

Comment

• Having SAID that....I'm so excited!!!!!

Comment

Yes, but Thacker, Yates, Bonham, Wilson, and Hoge; we beat them fifty + years ago, and we'll beat them now.

Comment

Yes, but Thacker, Yates, Bonham, Wilson, and Hoge, we beat them 50 + years ago and we will beat them now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fred Marrs View Post
                          Yes, but Thacker, Yates, Bonham, Wilson, and Hoge, we beat them 50 + years ago and we will beat them now.
                          well...they ARE either in mid 70s or dead, so it should be easier....

Comment

wichita state will counter with a highly experienced, mean, aggressive front line (nurger, shaq, mcduffie, kelly) with something to prove. guard play is really tops, too.. big, fast, smooth point guard seeing over the defense + sharp-shooter with steph curry tendencies (seriously.. you'll see it early and often). you just might also see a very capable 6'6" defender covering your point guard.. the secret to the shockers success.

Comment

• Ron Bonham...a name that I remember. The guy was such an integral part of the Cincinnati teams I remember. It seemed as if he made every shot against us but he probably only shot 80% :)

Comment

• i would agree that if not for the injury to kenyon martin the bearcats would have another national championship. i thought that then and i think it now.

Comment

Working...
                                X