No announcement yet.

2017-18 National Poll Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the bright side, a couple of games against teams with zero chance to win is a good thing after playing 6 or so top 75 teams twice. Also, no good wins in the MVC (using KP). MSU is #1 at 62 and BU is #2 at 98.
    Last edited by wufan; January 5, 2018, 06:44 AM.
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Losses near us so far this week: 2,4,5,7,10,11(x2),12(x2),14
      Last edited by Cdizzle; January 6, 2018, 09:24 PM.

Comment

• wichshock65
        wichshock65 commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks like we have a chance to drop a place of two this week again with the losses in front of us.

• Slykryck
        Slykryck commented
        Editing a comment
        Hopefully is 10(x2) before the day is over.

• Next big question: So far, we have been the highest 2-loss ranked team, will we be the highest 2-loss ranked team this coming Monday?
      Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

• OU lost on the road to a higher ranked team. Not sure they will fall at all.

Comment

• Can we get the overrated trash in Lexington out of the top 25 finally?

Comment

• Shocker Mama
            Shocker Mama commented
            Editing a comment
            Tennessee is trying to help with that -- up 10 points with 1:17 left.

• Wondering why I didn't name Shocker Son Admiral.

Comment

• Yaay Tennessee!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
              Losses near us so far this week: 2,4,5,7,10,11(x2),12(x2),14,15,17

Comment

• Would not be surprised to see KU jump us on Monday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                  Would not be surprised to see KU jump us on Monday.
                  Not with the loss to Tech.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                    Would not be surprised to see KU jump us on Monday.
                    I don’t think it will happen. We also had nearly 70 points on them in voting. That being said, I wouldn’t be surprised.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post

Not with the loss to Tech.
                      I was fully aware of the loss to tech when I made that statement. I would not be surprised if the win @TCU overruled the loss

Comment

• I see Kentucky played a road game today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                        I see Kentucky LOST a road game today.
                        FIFY

Comment

• College Basketball Rankings: Projected Top 10 after slew of Saturday upsets" - FanSided

by Thomas Wheaton
                          Posted: 01/06/18, 11:30pm cst

Multiple teams in the Top 25 lost on Saturday, here is how the Top 10 could shake out after all of the upsets in the Top 10.

"1. Michigan State- After throttling Maryland in a 30 point rout, Sparty retains the top spot. Sitting at 15-1 the Spartans have yet to really be challenged this season. Their only loss came to Duke early on, and they have looked dominant since.

2. Villanova- Previously ranked No. 3, the Wildcats jump one spot thanks to Duke losing. They held the No. 1 spot two weeks back, but a loss to Butler dropped them. They climb one step closer to the No. 1 position after defeating Marquette. A big game against Xavier looms on Wednesday, however.

3. West Virginia- The basketball gods have looked down upon West Virginia this week. Previously ranked No. 6, the Mountaineers make the jump to thXavie top three because of losses ahead of them. This is all coming off of an impressive victory against Oklahoma, the former No. 7 seed.

4. Virginia- The Cavaliers also make a big jump, going from No. 8 to No. 4 after defeating the reigning champions, North Carolina. Victories over ranked opponents always look good, the combination of good fortune and a good win elevates Virginia in to the top five.

5. Duke- The Blue Devils just lost to North Carolina State in a game they will want to put past them as quickly as possible. They only drop to No. 5 because a couple of the teams below them lost as well.

6. Arizona State- The Sun Devils were upset on Thursday, not Saturday, but upset nonetheless. Losing to an underwhelming Colorado team looks pretty bad, but with all the upsets this week they picked a good time to take a game off.

7. Wichita State- The Shockers slide from No. 9 to No. 7 after handling Houston on Thursday. They are not the team that captured everyone’s heart several years ago in the NCAA tournament, but they are a good team poised to make some noise this season.

8. Xavier- Previously No. 5, the Musketeers fell to a good Providence team on Saturday. They slide to No. 8 but a big matchupwith Villanova this week will surely change this ranking. If Xavier can pull off the upset on Wednesday they will climb back up to No. 5 or No. 6.

9. Kansas- Rock Chalk Jayhawk! Kansas defeated TCU and move up as a result. It is a marginal move, going from No. 10 to No. 9 but moving up is much better than moving down, obviously. This Jayhawk team is built for March, however.

10. Oklahoma- Trae Young and the Sooners fall to No. 10 after losing to West Virginia. Because they were not the higher ranked team, it is not an upset but a loss is a loss. Oklahoma will bounce back, they are too talented to not."

Comment

• Fafhrd Mouser
                            Fafhrd Mouser commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Kansas loses at home and moves up. I know there have been many upsets this week but Kansas doesn't deserve to be top 10.

• Slykryck
                            Slykryck commented
                            Editing a comment
                            From reading the explanations for his team placement, it’s as if he has no idea Kansas lost a home game. “This team is built for March” - guy sounds like a delusional fan.
                        Working...
                        X