No announcement yet.

2017-18 National Poll Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purdue getting quite the sweet (and irrational) bump for beating kenpom #81 and #123, both home games for Purdue.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
      Purdue getting quite the sweet (and irrational) bump for beating kenpom #81 and #123, both home games for Purdue.
      The Jerry Palm alma mater effect.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Jamar Howard 4 President
        Jamar Howard 4 President commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm not sure that Jerry Palm is likable enough for his ties to Purdue to be anything but a negative, if related at all of course.

• Rick Bozich moves us to 5 from 12

http://www.wdrb.com/story/37214167/b...new-number-one

Also moved Purdue to 2 ..... seriously wtf is with the Purdue love.

Comment

• Cdizzle
        Cdizzle commented
        Editing a comment
        There we go. I'm not counting on us moving up in ranking this week. But we sure as heck should be picking up some raw vote counts. The 3 teams behind us in the poll grabbed 5 losses last week.

• wufan
        wufan commented
        Editing a comment
        Purdue is one of three teams in the top 20 of offensive and defensive efficiency along with MSU and us.

• Purdue will likely be Top 5 from what I'm seeing from voters ... which is insane to me ...

Their Last 4 wins which shot them up the polls:

KP 233 Tennessee St
      KP 124 Lipscomb
      KP 123 Rutgers
      KP 81 Nebraska

All at home.

Comment

• Jamar Howard 4 President
        Jamar Howard 4 President commented
        Editing a comment
        To be fair, Lipscomb and Rutgers aren't bad teams. 30+ point wins against them should be considered impressive. Good for anyone who recognizes this, even if the same standard wasn't applied when VanVleet and Baker were crushing MVC opponents night in night out.

Also, Purdue already has 4 "A rated" wins this year and is KenPom #5.

• I'm cool with Purdue. Our resume's are very similar. They are one of the other 2 teams with Top 20 adjO and adjD (top 10 in both).

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
        I'm cool with Purdue. Our resume's are very similar. They are one of the other 2 teams with Top 20 adjO and adjD (top 10 in both).
        Their KenPom SOS is 81st compared to 80th, which is pretty close to identical, though we have them on Non-conf AdjEM 77th rank versus 131st. They have more Tier A games, though.

"I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Just. Keep. Winning.
          Its going to be like every year. We need to keep winning and the power 5s will keep losing. Eventually ppl will have to move us up because they won’t be able to ignore the desparity in the loss column and be forced to move us up, ala 2014.

Comment

Comment

• Pleasantly surprised with the jump to 5

Comment

• Wow, that is awesome.

The official page for the AP Top 25 men's college basketball poll. Keep up to date and view the latest NCAA men's basketball ranking updates each week for the 2023-24 season.

Comment

• I didn't see that big of a jump coming.

Comment

• Impressed.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• 3 votes ahead of Duke and tied with Purdue. That's what you call luck.

Comment

• And the AP release puts us first above Purdue whom we are tied with which makes me happy. It's the little things.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                          3 votes ahead of Duke and tied with Purdue. That's what you call luck.
                          We're still collecting accounts receivable from the last 6 years and have a ways to go :)

Comment

Working...
                          X