Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pa’o!!

Comment

• Very surprised we passed Duke but i'll take it. I had expected us to check in at #4.

I'm a bit surprised to see Cincy hang on at #25. I figured they might drop out with the two losses and zero big wins.

I think the 5 voters who gave Arizona St. 1st place votes are absolutely nuts. ASU is good and deserves a top 10 rank due to their resume, but they are also a one dimensional team and thin in the rotation. There will be nights when the offence isn't there or they have foul trouble and they don't have anything to fall back on when that inevitably happens.
      Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• WSU still sitting on top of quite a logjam in the voting. It's better to be sitting on top of the logjam at 3 - 8 than on top of the logjam at 6 - 10, which is where we were last week.

The narrative that Marshall would have a better chance to win games at a P5 school is getting a bit weak in the knees. If that line of thinking was correct and Marshall ever took a job at a P5, then they'd have to just award that school the natty and Marshall CoY every year until he retired.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• http://collegepolltracker.com/basket...er/2017/week-6

Someone hates us. But there is worse polls.

Comment

• shocks02
            shocks02 commented
            Editing a comment
            And then he also has Cincy at #17. Strange.

• WSU #3 in the coaches poll.
          Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• OU comes in at #24 in the coaches poll.

Comment

• I like how this guys rips into teams for not playing road games, specifically UK and KU and has neither of them ranked.

Comment

• Jamar Howard 4 President
                Jamar Howard 4 President commented
                Editing a comment
                I like people ripping the practice of playing almost the entire non-con at home.

I just don't like people using the polls as some sort of message sending apparatus.

• Rlh04d
                Rlh04d commented
                Editing a comment
                I don't get the point here about not sending a message through the polls. Polls serve literally no purpose but to express opinions of voters.

• TCU at #14 without playing a road game (and will not in the non-con) is pretty disgusting.

I have a feeling they’re gonna get drilled on the Big 12 road.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Horn28Clem30
                Horn28Clem30 commented
                Editing a comment
                TCU played a neutral court game against Nevada. They're actually a really good team. I think they're a tourney team without question this year.

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
              I like how this guys rips into teams for not playing road games, specifically UK and KU and has neither of them ranked.
              I like his approach.

Comment

• I watched a replay of the ASU-KU game. The Sun Devils can score, wow. I'm not sure they know how to play defense though. I'm curious what their Kenpom defensive ranking is (I just looked it up, 154--not surprising). Winning at Xavier and KU is impressive, and they deserve a high ranking, but I also feel like they're living dangerously and the house of cards will come crashing down around them at some point. They're like a West Coast Creighton, and if they play a tough defensive team that also has a pulse on offense, they could get embarrassed.
                "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Jamar Howard 4 President
                  Jamar Howard 4 President commented
                  Editing a comment
                  #5 offense
                  #154 defense

Can't remember the last time I saw a disparity that large.

• Cdizzle
                  Cdizzle commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Wait til Duke plays a couple more road games.

But seriously, I just looked and OkSt. was #1 adjO and #155 adjD last season. So we even played that team. Crazy. 2014 McBuckets had a big disparity as well.

• We are in rarefied air at the moment.

WSU has been ranked #3 or higher in just three prior seasons (highest ranking achieved that year noted in parentheses) - 2013-14 (#2), 1981-82 (#2), and 1964-65 (#1). This season is the fourth Shocker team to reach this level in the AP Poll.

Lots of really great teams under Miller, Smithson, Marshall and others could not reach these heights. Pretty cool stuff.

Keep it rolling, Shocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                  We are in rarefied air at the moment.

WSU has been ranked #3 or higher in just three prior seasons (highest ranking achieved that year noted in parentheses) - 2013-14 (#2), 1981-82 (#2), and 1964-65 (#1). This season is the fourth Shocker team to reach this level in the AP Poll.

Lots of really great teams under Miller, Smithson, Marshall and others could not reach these heights. Pretty cool stuff.

Keep it rolling, Shocks.
                  And .... We still don't have our best (statistically) returning player

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                    I watched a replay of the ASU-KU game. The Sun Devils can score, wow. I'm not sure they know how to play defense though. I'm curious what their Kenpom defensive ranking is (I just looked it up, 154--not surprising). Winning at Xavier and KU is impressive, and they deserve a high ranking, but I also feel like they're living dangerously and the house of cards will come crashing down around them at some point. They're like a West Coast Creighton, and if they play a tough defensive team that also has a pulse on offense, they could get embarrassed.
                    Agreed.

Guessing December 30 in Tucson will be the beginning of a sobering stretch for ASU.

Comment

• Ride the wave!
                      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                        I like how this guys rips into teams for not playing road games, specifically UK and KU and has neither of them ranked.
                        Weird that he wants to hammer on a bunch of teams for not playing non-conference road games (which I can totally get behind), but Michigan State is totally cool because they played a conference road game (MSU doesn't have a non-con road game on the schedule at all). So he votes MSU #1.

Oh, I see it says "Lansing State Journal." Now it makes sense why non-conference road games are important (so you can get rid of some teams), but also not important (so you can rank MSU #1, and the only T25 2-0 road team #5.)

This is one of those guys who starts to make some sort of valid point but then becomes a giant hypocrite halfway through.

Comment

Working...
                        X