No announcement yet.

2017-18 National Poll Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Number 10 in the USA Today Coaches Poll. I'll take that. Doesn't necessarily mean I agree with it, but I won't complain.

"You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Still the highest ranked two-loss team in either poll, both statewide and nationally...

Comment

• Both #4 and #6 are behind in the second half of there games. Plus #1, #3 and #5 all on the road in conference play. Depending on how the day shakes out, we could move up several spots.

Comment

• No more undefeateds.

Comment

• Nova will not drop out of Top 5.

Comment

• If I had a ballot my top 10: MSU, Duke, Villanova, OU, ASU, Xavier, WVA, WSU, VA, KU

Projection is similar except OU comes in at 7 and ASU, Xavier WVA all move up one spot. OU has two better pure road wins than anyone else would be my reasoning.

Comment

• Don't know that we will move up much--thinking only to 7. The gap from 7 and 8 was pretty big and I think we get passed by OU. May not move up at all.

Comment

• I doubt we move. I think A&M falls out of the top 10 and is replaced by OU. Top 7 gets shuffled around a bit and we stay put.

Comment

• Mark Berman has us at #9 on his ballot, he had us at #11 last week. http://www.roanoke.com/sports/blog-m...101edccb0.html

Seth Davis has us at #15 on his ballot.

Comment

• Slykryck
                      Slykryck commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Seth Davis’ bracket is all over the place. He has Arizona at #3

• Aargh
                      Aargh commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Maybe he got Arizona and Arizona State confused.

• Didn’t see that coming.

Comment

• Slid back to #9
                      Read the latest college basketball news. Keep up with college basketball rankings, scores, and stats of your favorite players and teams, all on AP News.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerEngr View Post
                        . Still the highest ranking 2 loss team in the country.

Comment

• Xavier moves up a spot despite being down double-digits in 2 consecutive home games against horrible opponents only to squeak out wins. Definitely can see why Virginia jumped us with their lucky 1 point home win over a shitty Boston College team.

I'm not saying we're playing great or under ranked or anything. It's just annoying see other teams move up when they've done similar if not worse things than us over the past week.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• If we can't blow out UH this coming up game then just forget about the ranking

Comment

• Windiwu
                              Windiwu commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I hope your sarcasm meter is just offline cause I doubt the shockers are going to *blowout* the Houston team that won at Arkansas by 26 points... Let's stick to winning by a respectable amount, please?

• moshock
                              moshock commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Houston beat Arkansas at Houston (Texas Southern) but otherwise I agree with you Windiwu

• It is a bit weird that we dropped a spot after winning at UCONN. Thought the AAC move would help that a bit.

But...we do have 2 losses...so......
                            FINAL FOURS:
                            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                            Number of Times Ranked: 157
                            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                            #3 - Dec. 2017
                            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                            #2 ~ March 2014
                            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Windiwu
                              Windiwu commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Don't think it really had a lot to say about the shockers. They actually got more points than last week but occurences during the week made a lot of other changes that changed the order. I was glad to see the respect shown the the Sooners.. The way they are playing shows that to be a really good loss for us.
                              Last edited by Windiwu; January 1, 2018, 06:55 PM. Reason: edited to add more.
                          Working...
                          X