Oklahoma State ***OFFICIAL*** Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Royalno5 View Post
    I am concerned that our success has not led to a great increase in talent. Is Shamet really our highest recruit.
    Technically its Conner

Comment

• Originally posted by Royalno5 View Post
      I am concerned that our success has not led to a great increase in talent. Is Shamet really our highest recruit.
      I'm giving McDuffie and Shamet a bit of a pass this year. There is something called the Sophomore Slump. It's pretty easy to think that McDuffie is probably better than what he's shown so far. Shamet is a Fr who's been out of basketball for a year.

Both McDuffie and Shamet were rated a bit higher than VanVleet. Shamet is not our highest rated player. That would be Frankamp, who was #43 in his class. Baker was a 1-star player. Is this giving you some idea of the value of scouting service ratings? They're prbably reasonably decent for the top 20 or 30 players, but after that, ratings probably don't mean much.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• No more starting freaking Nurger either

Comment

• That was brutal. Holy cow, could they miss a three once in a while?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockers5150 View Post
            No more starting freaking Nurger either
            If you don't start Nurger, you end up with Morris on the bench with 2 fouls in 7 minutes. Starting Nurger is kind of like deferring to the second half if you win the coin toss. Take the superior situation later rather than earlier.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Dominated.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I'm throwing this out as conversation only.... let's take out of the equation Ron and Fred (any coach in the country would of loved to have two NBA players play all four years)... is our talent now better than Garrett, David, and Tourre... time for a roster revamp

Comment

• CF

Connor gives the team everything he is capable of every night. The coach can not ask anymore from him.
                  The key word here is capable.

I wrote about his foot speed last month and how it limits his ability to create space to release his shot (which, by the way, is top level in the country).
                  But it doesn't matter how true his shot is if he can not generate enough space to fire away.

I witness the importance of foot speed at higher level basketball 4 nights a week. Those who have it have a major advantage over their competition.

I tried to explain just how CF was limited in ability to play the point against high level talent and many on here went ballistic over my observations and analysis.
                  And I still maintain he will help the team this year, when the match ups are favorable.

The only chuckle I had all night as when my good friend BOBB reluctantly agreed with the my observation. I'm still waiting for 'shock' to come out of his bunker and do the same.

That is all.
                  Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Please stop with the transfer discussions. This is clearly prohibited per the posting guidelines.

Fans showed up and although it was like a morgue the first few minutes the crowd came to life a couple of times in the first half.

The constant barrage of fouls made it difficult to get in any rhythm.

Underwood is a good coach.

It wasn't a good outing but there will be better ones coming. Time to finish noncon play and dominate the valley.
                    Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
                      Unfortunately I think Matt Clark shot a higher percentage
                      MC shot 40.1% career threes.

Matt Clark
                      Position: Guard
                      6-0 (183cm)
                      School: Wichita State

SUMMARY
                      Career
                      G
                      PTS
                      TRB
                      AST
                      FG%
                      FG3%
                      FT%
                      eFG%
                      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                        I'm giving McDuffie and Shamet a bit of a pass this year. There is something called the Sophomore Slump. It's pretty easy to think that McDuffie is probably better than what he's shown so far. Shamet is a Fr who's been out of basketball for a year.
                        McDuffie knee is giving him problems. Until he gets 100% beyond that we are not going to see his full potential.

Comment

• Gottta put this one behind us. Coaches, not a particularly good look. That's ok, learn from it and get the next one.

Comment

• Tonight, we allowed Ok. St. to be Chairmen of The Boards. They were getting the fair share of loose balls. Of the 4-10 minute segments it seemed like they outplayed us all of it. They spread the floor on us and hit several wide open 3-pointers. We could not subdue Evans or Forte as we needed to do. Willis came to play and fought hard in there. It's back to the drawing board for our Shocks who rarely ever lose big, especially in Wichita. We got one more Non-Con game and then it's off to the races in Valley play on the cold and lonely road at Indiana State. Little time to lick our wounds and time to get back to growing and improving as a team.
                            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• One last thing for now and I will shut my trap. 3 games in a row it seems we get called for way more fouls than our foes to the point we were fortunate to win 2 of those 3 games.
                              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• I can't think of a single Shocker that has a good game. It was just a **** show from the beginning. The coaches deserve the blame in this game. Nobody was ready.

Comment

Working...
                                X