No announcement yet.

Oklahoma State ***OFFICIAL*** Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is just my post game rant so don't take it as rational but I need to vent some frustration.

Overly Critical: Nurger has always disappointed me on the court. For his size he is under athletic, low IQ, and a slow player overall. I've never understood Hamiltons fit on the team. He can't shoot, he doesn't play defense, his decision making leaves a lot to be desired. From what we know about him, he's athletic and big. That's just about it. Frankamp doesn't get too many more excuses on his play at this point. He started off the season average, but has never shown a consistent shot. His poise on the floor can be calming yet it only seems to show in games against greatly inferior opponents. He takes care of the ball well but won't drive inside to save his life. McDuffies handles make me cringe. Like nails on the chalkboard hard. His jumper is for the most part his only strength aside from his defense. Had a lot higher expectations for him on the season. Landry is cold. He started the season looking like the player we all expected but I don't know what has happened since.

Overreaction: We have Midtgaard coming in next year and I don't think Hamilton has a place. Wouldn't mind Nurger considering it either. Two guys who would fit better in other programs in my mind. Next season we graduate 7 seniors so it makes sense to start the transition sooner.

The good: Not a whole lot to like about this game, but I still love our Jucos. They've overperformed expectations in the few months they've been here. Darral is the most consistent player on the floor. We drew a lot of fouls but it just wasn't enough to stop the bleeding.

Gonna conclude this by reminding this is just a rant. I'll probably take a lot of these statements back in the next couple days but I needed somewhere to let my frustrations out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Royalno5 View Post
      We have to get better on offense, we really have not consistently shot well for several years.
      All the focus on defense and rebounding leaves little time for players to work on offense. It's a "pick your poison" situation. Remember when SIU had the great teams that played the "in your jock" defense, but was an awful team with the ball? Tatum dribbled for 25 seconds and then threw up an off-balance guarded 3. Sometimes he made them.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
        I get the sentiment that 'We'll be fine in the Valley', but if I may....

THE VALLEY SUCKS!

These were the games that we are supposed to showcase what we are because the Valley sucks.

We're 1-3, and quite frankly, OU looks primed for a bottom 3 campaign in the Big 12, so. Not melting down, but I think we know what we are. Probably Valley champs, but what does that mean, really?
        I totally agree with you, but this team is not Sweet 16 caliber. What we need to do right now is just run the table from here on out and hope for the best come tourney time. We lack leadership and consistency but have enough talent to sweep the Valley, which still says a lot about how far we've come if you think about it. Now if we drop another 4-5 games, I'll be on board with roster overhaul.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
          The waves of lows and highs on this board the last week would make a room full of bi-polar patients glorious with envy.
          No highs and lows here... expectations at 3 million a year should be better than this... roster revamp needs to be a discussion

Comment

• Originally posted by SlyShock View Post
            This is just my post game rant so don't take it as rational but I need to vent some frustration.

Overly Critical: Nurger has always disappointed me on the court. For his size he is under athletic, low IQ, and a slow player overall. I've never understood Hamiltons fit on the team. He can't shoot, he doesn't play defense, his decision making leaves a lot to be desired. From what we know about him, he's athletic and big. That's just about it. Frankamp doesn't get too many more excuses on his play at this point. He started off the season average, but has never shown a consistent shot. His poise on the floor can be calming yet it only seems to show in games against greatly inferior opponents. He takes care of the ball well but won't drive inside to save his life. McDuffies handles make me cringe. Like nails on the chalkboard hard. His jumper is for the most part his only strength aside from his defense. Had a lot higher expectations for him on the season. Landry is cold. He started the season looking like the player we all expected but I don't know what has happened since.

Overreaction: We have Midtgaard coming in next year and I don't think Hamilton has a place. Wouldn't mind Nurger considering it either. Two guys who would fit better in other programs in my mind. Next season we graduate 7 seniors so it makes sense to start the transition sooner.

The good: Not a whole lot to like about this game, but I still love our Jucos. They've overperformed expectations in the few months they've been here. Darral is the most consistent player on the floor. We drew a lot of fouls but it just wasn't enough to stop the bleeding.

Gonna conclude this by reminding this is just a rant. I'll probably take a lot of these statements back in the next couple days but I needed somewhere to let my frustrations out.
            I don't think you'll need to rettract any of that.

We will know in April whether Marshall thinks there's any hope for Hamilton to improve in the next 2 years.

I have another player (in the current Jr. class) on my list of potential transfers (out), but I won't name that player because of fear of starting a s**t-storm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
              I don't think you'll need to rettract any of that.

We will know in April whether Marshall thinks there's any hope for Hamilton to improve in the next 2 years.

I have another player (in the current Jr. class) on my list of potential transfers (out), but I won't name that player because of fear of starting a s**t-storm.
              Rashard frustrates me at times too but I doubt he gets pressured to leave. Does little things that Marshall loves and hasn't been exclusively bad. I agree (assuming you were thinking of him too) there would be better fits for his position but I doubt he goes.

Comment

• Playing in the garbage ass Valley is probably our saving grace this year. That can be their parting gift to us.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlyShock View Post
                  Rashard frustrates me at times too but I doubt he gets pressured to leave. Does little things that Marshall loves and hasn't been exclusively bad. I agree (assuming you were thinking of him too) there would be better fits for his position but I doubt he goes.
                  RN or CF would be my guess

Comment

• You're never as good as you think you are in the best of times, and you're never quite as bad as you think you are in the worst of times. Godspeed!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                      RN or CF would be my guess
                      Was assuming he meant someone a little more controversial as we've already talked about CF leaving and I mentioned RN in the first post

Comment

• The Valley is holding us back in recruiting too. Case in point tonight. How can Underwood in his first year have better talent than Marshall has in his 10th year?

Comment

• CF is probably the most controversial player Marshall has had.

With a post playerand a guard coming in, those would be the likely places to replace a player.

Comment

• Games following finals week are always a crapshoot. For everybody. They have been forever. Maybe Oklahoma State is that good, maybe the Shockers had a hangover following a week layoff. Either way, this is a shake it off game, one to tuck away and forget.
                            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by ISASO View Post
                              The Valley is holding us back in recruiting too. Case in point tonight. How can Underwood in his first year have better talent than Marshall has in his 10th year?
                              I am concerned that our success has not led to a great increase in talent. Is Shamet really our highest recruit.

Comment

• I honestly can't believe Connor won't shoot. He has no swagger.sigh

Comment

Working...
                                X