Oklahoma State ***OFFICIAL*** Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockers5150 View Post
    In fairness, Marshall was none too pleased either, but you're right... Shox will recover.
    Marshall was pretty upset at times with the officiating and the play from his guys.

I was surprised how long he kept them in the locker room at half.

They didn't get on the floor until there was 1 min and 30 seconds left before the 2nd half started.

Comment

• Comment

• We play zone defense: Other team gets wide open looks, AT WILL.
        Other team plays zone defense: We look like we've never seen a zone defense before and NEVER get open looks.

I'm really tired of watch opposing teams shoot 12-15 wide open threes every game.

Mind boggling.

Comment

• I did like Marshall trying to make a point. He put Simon in pretty early, then keyser, and then cleared the bench towards the end. Barney, Bush, Malone, Simon etc.

Comment

• When Marshall recruits over the scholarship limit, there will be discussion of transfers. The players know some on this year's team won't be back next year.

If we weren't overcommitted, I'd agree that a ban on discussing trfr's was a good thing. When we're over committed and it's known that somone has to leave, then I think that's open game for discussion.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• I am confused... other than a "missed" rebound and a basket scored during a fast break when did CF get scored on?

I watched our starting quick point guard get lit up on the first three possessions (where Evan's was the aggressor).

Then CF gets in and we get three good looks resulting in two baskets off of his passes. He misses the rebound previously mentioned and gets pulled. We go on to have turnovers from the other guards on five of our next six possessions and the deficit grows into blowout territory.

I see a whole lot to be down about across the board, but pointing at CF when the spread in this game happened with him on the bench is a little odd to me.

This team is a bit of a mess. The extent of the mess has been covered up by playing a bunch of terrible teams. I think there is a combination of players and a style where success may be attainable, but it will be hard to get there.

The go to wing/guard player has to emerge. At this point we have no way to generate buckets in the half court set unless we play a team with a non-existent defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                When Marshall recruits over the scholarship limit, there will be discussion of transfers. The players know some on this year's team won't be back next year.

If we weren't overcommitted, I'd agree that a ban on discussing trfr's was a good thing. When we're over committed and it's known that somone has to leave, then I think that's open game for discussion.
                are we currently over committed? only bush and simon as seniors and only simon counts towards limit right?

2 coming in next year possibly?

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post
                  I am confused... other than a "missed" rebound and a basket scored during a fast break when did CF get scored on?

I watched our starting quick point guard get lit up on the first three possessions (where Evan's was the aggressor).

Then CF gets in and we get three good looks resulting in two baskets off of his passes. He misses the rebound previously mentioned and gets pulled. We go on to have turnovers from the other guards on five of our next six possessions and the deficit grows into blowout territory.

I see a whole lot to be down about across the board, but pointing at CF when the spread in this game happened with him on the bench is a little odd to me.

This team is a bit of a mess. The extent of the mess has been covered up by playing a bunch of terrible teams. I think there is a combination of players and a style where success may be attainable, but it will be hard to get there.

The go to wing/guard player has to emerge. At this point we have no way to generate buckets in the half court set unless we play a team with a non-existent defense.
                  My only CF complaint was he passed up open looks. He wasnt that bad on defense. He just has to quit passing up shots. Makes no sense.

Comment

• What happened to "Play Angry"? I had a terrific seat. Enough to see these young men don't have the fire of teams from the past etched in their faces. I don't think Coach can instill that in them. It's something you're born with. Effort was terrible from everybody this game except the crowd. So many time we tried to get behind the team only to be let down. There'll be better days but this was an opportunity missed...again.
                    When your not practicing, someone somewhere is and when you meet him...he'll beat you.

Comment

• Originally posted by KSUUWSU View Post
                      What happened to "Play Angry"? I had a terrific seat. Enough to see these young men don't have the fire of teams from the past etched in their faces. I don't think Coach can instill that in them. It's something you're born with. Effort was terrible from everybody this game except the crowd. So many time we tried to get behind the team only to be let down. There'll be better days but this was an opportunity missed...again.
                      Willis played with passion and fire... the rest? not so much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockers5150 View Post
                        My only CF complaint was he passed up open looks. He wasnt that bad on defense. He just has to quit passing up shots. Makes no sense.
                        I have the same complaint. He has lost the mojo of a scorer. I don't know that he will ever find it again. I feel like he needs to get in there and run his mouth a little - Something to get the bloom flowing.

As a CF apologist - I have come to the conclusion he is not the answer HCGM is looking for and there is a good chance he will never be more than a forgettable role player.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
                          Willis played with passion and fire... the rest? not so much.
                          That he did!
                          When your not practicing, someone somewhere is and when you meet him...he'll beat you.

Comment

• Thank God I didn't spend $100 on parking only to watch that hot mess tonight!

Comment

• Whoever scouted OSU should be in the dog house as much as 97% of the team. Last of the bench played with more heart in the last 53 seconds than those who played most of the game! Minus Willis of course

Comment

• Win that game and we are ranked Monday. Now we must win 11-12 straight to be ranked.

Comment

Working...
                                X