No announcement yet.

16-17 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The RPI is a prime example of GARBAGE going in , gets GARBAGE coming out. It starts off flawed by having a made up value placed on everybody from the beginning.
    From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Comment

• Originally posted by OTR Shockfan View Post
      The RPI is a prime example of GARBAGE going in , gets GARBAGE coming out. It starts off flawed by having a made up value placed on everybody from the beginning.
      ????

The RPI starts the season with everyone as a blank slate.

Comment

The RPI is a prime example of GARBAGE going in , gets GARBAGE coming out. It starts off flawed by having a made up value placed on everybody from the beginning.
        That's incorrect. It's only based on teams W/L, Opponents W/L, and Opponent's Opponents W/L with slight adjustment for location. So everyone starts tied.

The biggest issue with RPI is that its not actually used to rank teams, It's only used to decided whether a team is a quality win or a bad loss.

Comment

• I despise Hairy Palms, but the fact of the matter is in the endgame last year he was closer to predicting our fate (last two in) than Jamar, Joey Brackets or anyone else. This is very concerning for Shocker fans, although I still think we will win the Valley tourney.

It tells me the NCAA is basically lockstep with that shitbird

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
            I despise Hairy Palms, but the fact of the matter is in the endgame last year he was closer to predicting our fate (last two in) than Jamar, Joey Brackets or anyone else. This is very concerning for Shocker fans, although I still think we will win the Valley tourney.

He was only closer with his bracket that he revealed like the day before selection Sunday. He made drastic changes from the weeks before.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
              He was only closer with his bracket that he revealed like the day before selection Sunday. He made drastic changes from the weeks before.
              Which tells me he and the cartel are thick as thieves

The fact we barely slid in tells me he wasn't too far off to begin with

Comment

• Regarding Jerry Palm's skills, this is all you need to know.

Comment

• I get it. But the only thing in my near sights is how freaking right he was about us meaning he has some insight into the cut line others may not have.

The NCAA doesn't have the balls to tell him to get lost because he knows where some bodies are buried....just a hunch

Comment

I despise Hairy Palms, but the fact of the matter is in the endgame last year he was closer to predicting our fate (last two in) than Jamar, Joey Brackets or anyone else. This is very concerning for Shocker fans, although I still think we will win the Valley tourney.

If the selection committee truly believes that Arkansas (lol), Pittsburgh (LOL), and Mississippi (LMFAO) are the first 3 teams out and have better cases than WSU, then the committee just needs to be blown up. Immediately. Now.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I get it. But the only thing in my near sights is how freaking right he was about us meaning he has some insight into the cut line others may not have.
                      This makes no sense to me. I could have my wife seed the teams based on the mascots she liked best. Her overall bracket would be horrible. You might see Mississippi State as a 1 seed because they, the Bulldogs, share the same name as her alma mater.

Out of the 68, she might luck into getting a couple right. Maybe she got one dead on that Lunardi and the rest of the pros missed by a bit. Does this make my wife insightful into that specific team? Not at all.

Palm is a fool. With 68 opportunities to prove himself each year, he leaves no doubt. The fact that he gets a few teams right each year is no reason to trust him, period. It's dumb luck due to the sheer quantity of predictions.
                      Last edited by Jamar Howard 4 President; February 14, 2017, 04:01 PM.

Comment

• Palm predicted the Shox would get an 11 seed in 2013. They got a 9 seed and went to the Final Four.

He has no special insight on WSU.

Comment

• You know who else predicted WSU would get an 11 seed last year?

The random blogger who finished 135th on the matrix last year and missed 5 TEAMS when selecting the field of 68!

Think he has insight too?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                            That's incorrect. It's only based on teams W/L, Opponents W/L, and Opponent's Opponents W/L with slight adjustment for location. So everyone starts tied.

The biggest issue with RPI is that its not actually used to rank teams, It's only used to decided whether a team is a quality win or a bad loss.
                            This can not be true, How do you explain WSU at #190 in RPI Week 11-5 2016 and Nova at #1 before any games are played?
                            And one week later OU is at # 8 and hasn't played a game. IF all teams start out with a blank slate OU and any team that lost the first game would have been
                            below ALL the winners. SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE arbitrarily decided theses teams are better and higher than these other teams at the start.
                            If you put 1 thu 8 in the valley in the exact RPI spots given to 1 thu 8 of the B12 and then calculate from the beginning where do you think the valley teams would
                            rank today with their individual W L
                            From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Comment

This can not be true, How do you explain WSU at #190 in RPI Week 11-5 2016 and Nova at #1 before any games are played?
                              And one week later OU is at # 8 and hasn't played a game. IF all teams start out with a blank slate OU and any team that lost the first game would have been
                              below ALL the winners. SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE arbitrarily decided theses teams are better and higher than these other teams at the start.
                              If you put 1 thu 8 in the valley in the exact RPI spots given to 1 thu 8 of the B12 and then calculate from the beginning where do you think the valley teams would
                              rank today with their individual W L
                              Using the site https://www.teamrankings.com/ncb/rpi/ for example.

Wichita State is listed as the 34th Ranked team on 11-5-2016, however the rating is ---. The rating is the actual RPI of each team.
                              One week later on 11-12-2016, the ratings of the teams are still ---, no Division I games have been played. The Ranking of each team means nothing.
                              The first time the Rankings actually reflect the RPI of the teams is on 11-13-2016. The teams with an RPI rating are Ranked correctly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                                Palm predicted the Shox would get an 11 seed in 2013. They got a 9 seed and went to the Final Four.

He has no special insight on WSU.
                                You know way more stuff about this than me, but last year and the crap he's spewing this year seem to go hand in hand with the lack of faith I have in the committee and all of the oddities behind it.

You are actually the problem :) you articulated such a great case for us that I couldn't fathom a logical differing outcome. Then when it happened and I found out how close we were to not making it, none of it passed the smell test.

So give me some faith that this year would be any different even though I still think we will win in St Louis?

Comment

Working...
                                X