16-17 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
    In honor of the late Bill Paxton, RIP and his greatest movie role of Hudson in Aliens.

"GAME OVER, MAN!"
    One of my favorite movies of all time. I probably watched Aliens over 100 times.

"Why don't you put her in charge"
    2014 RTS Fantasy Championship National Champion $200,000 (2460 teams)
    2012 NFFC Online National Champion $100,000 (1872 teams)
    2014 DFWC National Champion $9,250 (288 teams)
    2015 RTS Fantasy Championship 2nd Place $25,000 (3120 teams)

2015 NCAA Bracketology (351 pts more than all 136 at the bracket matrix)

Kentucky Wildcats National Champions 2012 1998 1996 1978 1958 1951 1949 1948
    The Ohio State Buckeyes National Champions 2014 2002 1970 1968 1961 1957 1954 1942

Comment

• Originally posted by capnkirk View Post
      I would say that the "just once" could be next season. Every person that plays significant minutes this season will be back next season. In fact, next season WSU should should have a traveling butt kicking tour. Schedule all the P5 schools, play them at their place, take their money for playing us at their gym and walk out with the cash in hand a victory in the books...
      We aren't Long Beach State. We won't take guarantee games.
      78-65

Comment

• UK looks quality at home, scoring 6 points in the first 9 minutes of the game.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
          We aren't Long Beach State. We won't take guarantee games.
          This would be more like bringing in the greatest show on turf to for all to see. Unlike The Long Beach States of the college basketball world, it would be like letting the fox in the hen house.

Next season not many teams are going to be as experienced and used to playing together as a team to start the season like WSU. And the P5 know it and will want no part of WSU in the non con except on their own floor.
          Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
          Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            UK looks quality at home, scoring 6 points in the first 9 minutes of the game.
            Vandy strong. Lol
            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Vandy making their case.
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                Vandy strong. Lol
                Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                Vandy making their case.
                Gonna have to root for UK here. I just think it's mind-boggling that a 13 loss team is currently in the field. I wanna see all of these 12-13 loss teams lose and just see all of these experts squirm to continue to avoid putting good middies into their brackets.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Gonna have to root for UK here. I just think it's mind-boggling that a 13 loss team is currently in the field. I wanna see all of these 12-13 loss teams lose and just see all of these experts squirm to continue to avoid putting good middies into their brackets.
                  There have been a handful of teams that make the tourney with losing records, that's because they won their conference tourney. But now we are on the verge of seeing something that should never be allowed. A team with a losing record getting an at large bid..........
                  Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
                  Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

I know. It's just getting so comical at this point that, basically ever P5 school still has a chance, it seems.
                    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Vanderbilt is the one borderline .500 team I hope to see in the tournament. I don't know if Stallings did it or Drew did it but someone at Vandy scheduled their ass off and loaded up with good mid-majors. If Vandy misses the tournament it will just push more teams toward scheduling like Syracuse. I would love to see Vandy rewarded for their schedule.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                        Vanderbilt is the one borderline .500 team I hope to see in the tournament. I don't know if Stallings did it or Drew did it but someone at Vandy scheduled their ass off and loaded up with good mid-majors. If Vandy misses the tournament it will just push more teams toward scheduling like Syracuse. I would love to see Vandy rewarded for their schedule.
                        You make a good point and that perhaps makes me a little bit more sympathetic to them.

Still, regardless of philosophy, I think if you're losing that many times, you should't be rewarded for it.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by capnkirk View Post
                          There have been a handful of teams that make the tourney with losing records, that's because they won their conference tourney. But now we are on the verge of seeing something that should never be allowed. A team with a losing record getting an at large bid..........
                          Yep. Rewarded for a mediocre performance.

Comment

• Kentucky rallies to defeat Vandy 73-67

Iowa State edges Okie State 86-83 in Ames

Pitt loses at Georgia Tech 52-61 to fall to 4-13 in the ACC

Colorado State hit a 3-pointer with 6 seconds remaining to pull out a 78-76 win over Wyoming in Ft. Collins
                            Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 28, 2017, 10:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                              I think this is a very good point. I don't think Vandy should get in with 15-16 losses, period, but I do think it would be good to award Vandy a bid for playing Belmont, Bucknell, @Midd Ten and @Datyon. Knowing that, I would much rather them get in over a KSU. Besides the actual visual that indicates they would smoke KSU or TCU at this point.

Comment

• You guys see that a Kentucky player proposed to his girlfriend on senior night?

I wonder how much Calipari paid for the ring...

Comment

Working...
                                X